PDA

View Full Version : Say what you want about Limbaugh, but...

PaceAdvantage
01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
he nails down exactly what is wrong with the Republican party today and why it lost the 2008 election. I don't listen to Limbaugh at all on the radio, but I do watch Fox from time to time and caught his interview with Hannity....

If you're so inclined, fast-forward to the 2:00 mark of the following video:

y-RVRcumIUA

Horsefan
01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Who, among conservatives, can provide better unity, guidance and information than Rush Limbaugh? Who among Republicans? Who can do better than him?

Not making a statement, but asking an honest question.

JustRalph
01-23-2009, 06:54 PM
I worry that he has put the weight back on........... he kept it off for ten years............age is catching up with him I guess.

I love that interview......... tivo'ed it when it was on originally.

He is dead on .

Beats the hell out of the Green Hornet...........

jballscalls
01-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Agree with many of his points on here, except of course his ludicrous statement that there are no happy democrats. Especially when all i hear lately is miserable whining repubicans and happy liberals.

But all that said, somebody earlier made a good point, who is the person and or persons to actually get the conservative agenda back on track. It's easy for guys like Rush to sit in their perch and scream to the trees, but who is actually going to listen to him that is in a position to execute his ideals??

ddog
01-23-2009, 08:05 PM
the tracks are gone , torn up by the last crew.

If you think that slime mcconnel or bone head boehner are going to LEAD anything back you are running a high fever and need bed rest.

The pugs are dead nationally soon to be followed by the dims.

I can't wait, most all of them at that level should be sent away.

Both of them are morally and idealogically done for.
dead men walking is being kind to them.

JustRalph
01-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Limbaugh's legend grows..........

Obama is actually making a point to mention him in policy discussions............ unprecedented in Radio

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01232009/news/politics/prez_zings_gop_foe_in_a_timulating_talk_151572.htm

Horsefan
01-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Obama is taking his giant approval rating and trying to hit Rush while the cult like following is still in place. How many households in America now blindly think that Limbaugh is public enemy #1 and an enemy to their beloved?

Colin Powell (way, way overrated- being stoic constantly only gets you so far) also asked people to stop listening to Limbaugh. After this republican in name only voted for Obama, over his friend John McCain.

I would swap Rush Limbaugh for Obama in a heartbeat. Hopefully the many homeschooled kids who listen to his show will grow up and remember those who spoke out against the massive Kool Aid party and run for office.

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Now Obama is telling folks what they can and can't listen to on the radio?

Amazing.

Rush was 100% correct. Democrats never boast about "crossing over" the aisle and working with Republicans, but Republicans these days seem to trip all over themselves in trying to get to that other side....

These first few days of the Obama administration have been less than encouraging.

We're markedly less safe than we used to be with the eradication of many policies in place since 9/11/01, and now we have the president dictating what Republicans can listen to on the radio. I can't wait to hear what this genius Harvard/Columbia man (never mind we can't access any of his Columbia or Harvard papers) has next for us.

Tom
01-24-2009, 04:44 PM
What a classless little POS we have in the oval office.
We gonna need a lotta Bon Ami to get rid of THIS stain.

GD Obama.
GD Obama.

Horsefan
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
How many times have we seen the liberal media play that clip of old Lloyd Bentsen cutting down a young Dan Quayle by saying that he was no JFK? I have seen it so many times, and everytime I cringe at it. On the other hand, I never once heard this from Limbaugh- again right on spot.

"I know Jesus Christ. I pray to Jesus Christ all the time. I study what Jesus did and said all the time, and let me tell you something, Barack Obama, you are no Jesus Christ."- Rush Limbaugh

or as Reverend Wright would say "No! No! No!" Maybe on his next radio address Obama will counsel the citizens to stop listening to Reverend Wright?

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Today, in one hour (10:00 Pacific time), Limbaugh will deliver the Obama/Limbaugh Stimulus Plan. It will be based on the Democratic definitions of bipartisianship, stimulus and how to get the economy going.

This despite Rush's awareness that President Obama wants him, a private citizen, "to fail." Limbaugh says that his own motives are his immense love of country and the desire to help it economically and culturally.

President Obama still has a 13 million email and 14 million cell phone list army that one of his campaign advisors (David Sousel?) is planning on tapping for grass roots activism. And here I thought that the press didn't need any more help in their free advertising campaign for their chosen one.

Limbaugh is the last man standing. We need more men like him.

wes
01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
He already sounds like a third grader after a ball game. I WON! I WON!

wes

jballscalls
01-26-2009, 02:22 PM
If Rush ran in 2012 against Obama what would the final percentages be??? I know Rushy isn't a politician, but just curious, do any of you think he'd stand a chance?? cause we know he wouldnt be shy about fighting dirty political style!

ddog
01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Now Obama is telling folks what they can and can't listen to on the radio?

Amazing.

Rush was 100% correct. Democrats never boast about "crossing over" the aisle and working with Republicans, but Republicans these days seem to trip all over themselves in trying to get to that other side....

These first few days of the Obama administration have been less than encouraging.

We're markedly less safe than we used to be with the eradication of many policies in place since 9/11/01, and now we have the president dictating what Republicans can listen to on the radio. I can't wait to hear what this genius Harvard/Columbia man (never mind we can't access any of his Columbia or Harvard papers) has next for us.

I predict great things for rushbo and maybe beck , should be within 2 years that a "TRUE AMERICAN" arm patch is adopted. based on red/black somekind of cross design , something along those lines.

Rush will go to an "underground network" of small output stations.
He will broadcast from several undisclosed locations.

As the crap crumbles the weak will scramble about for something to believe in.

It's all working like clockwork so far.

Lefty
01-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Dime go after Private citizens. First it was Joe the plumber, now it's Rush Limbaugh.
Who's next?

Dave Schwartz
01-26-2009, 03:43 PM
I am not particularly fond of Rush Limbaugh any more than I am of any other extremist.

However, this was an excellent video for conservatives to watch.

Thank you for the link

Dave Schwartz

ddog
01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Dime go after Private citizens. First it was Joe the plumber, now it's Rush Limbaugh.
Who's next?

rush is a private citizen?

Wait a minute I thought he advertised for people to listen to his show?
He does have an audience right?
So, that makes him a private citizen(?), when one engages in debate on the public stage he then hides under the private citizen label?

Cute lefty, you are even worse than on the economy with that one.

JustRalph
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
why would Rush run for office and take a 99 percent pay cut?

Lefty
01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
dog, You don't think Rush is a private citizen? Seems your uninformed on just about everything. Guess you don't know what a private citizen is?

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Don't forget Sean Hannity Lefty-

The One said during the campaign-
"I'll put Mr. Virgess up against Sean Hannity, he'll tear him up". Mr. Virgess (Obama campaigner?), on Hannity's show anyways, was kinda meek and I was embarrassed for him to be put in that position.

Public or private citizen, President Obama wastes no time in exploiting the turmoil. Alinsky community organizers thrive on pitting one against the other constantly. They call it "Unity". We call it divide and conquer.

ddog
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
dog, You don't think Rush is a private citizen? Seems your uninformed on just about everything. Guess you don't know what a private citizen is?

yeah , that would be one without an agenda and who carries water over the airwaves for a certain set of views and thus opens himself to a "public" citizen role.

He may have a private citizen side as well, but even one as deluded as you couldn't claim he doesn't push himself on the public.

stop it you make my sides hurt from :lol:

ddog
01-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Don't forget Sean Hannity Lefty-

The One said during the campaign-
"I'll put Mr. Virgess up against Sean Hannity, he'll tear him up". Mr. Virgess (Obama campaigner?), on Hannity's show anyways, was kinda meek and I was embarrassed for him to be put in that position.

Public or private citizen, President Obama wastes no time in exploiting the turmoil. Alinsky community organizers thrive on pitting one against the other constantly. They call it "Unity". We call it divide and conquer.

now Hannity is a private citizen as well.

Ask him? i suspect he would be surprised at that designation.

how about the commies in h'wood, they private as well?

:lol: :lol:

Lefty
01-26-2009, 04:31 PM
now i'm deluded? Guess you dims couldn't talk or write at without the namecalling.
Anywho, Rush doesn't push himself on anyone. You can simply turn the dial or turn him off.
He does push the conservative agenda and I for one am grateful. I heard no national, or around here, even local, conservative voice before Rush.
So, thank you Private Citizen, Rush Limbaugh.

Lefty
01-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Horsefan, right on. I heard the prgm. Obama seems quite "taken" with Hannity, and i'm surprised he didn't tell those R's to stop listening to him as well.
dog, guess what? If you're not in the govt, or the military, you're a Private Citizen. Who doesn't know that? Oh, yeah, you!

The Judge
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
does that mean that "Oprah" is also a private citizen or is it just Rush.

ddog
01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
now i'm deluded? Guess you dims couldn't talk or write at without the namecalling.
Anywho, Rush doesn't push himself on anyone. You can simply turn the dial or turn him off.
He does push the conservative agenda and I for one am grateful. I heard no national, or around here, even local, conservative voice before Rush.
So, thank you Private Citizen, Rush Limbaugh.

uh, lefty how's about them commie h'wood types you love to rag on, don't they deserve the "right to spew nonsense" without you jumping on them , just as rushbo does.
The right to say or do or promote anything they want to and not be bashed just as you seem to feel Rushbo does??/

Oh and on this thread , deluded is really just a dressed up "you are uninformed on about everything" that from the wit and wisdom of lefty up thread a bit.

no diff , but you can take refuge in the "name calling" slam, it is popular among the lighties. They are so put upon and oppressed i guess I see why they resort to it.

In point of fact, why is Rushbo still on the air, he rips private citizens all the time.
I hear him do it?

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Lefty
01-26-2009, 04:39 PM
judge, read my post above yours and you'll be educated too. Never to late to learn.

boxcar
01-26-2009, 04:49 PM
now Hannity is a private citizen as well.

Ask him? i suspect he would be surprised at that designation.

how about the commies in h'wood, they private as well?

So, you're saying there is no distinction between elected public officials and private citizens? Just because a private citizen gets publicity doesn't make him/her a public official.

Boxcar

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey Lefty, as public figures I do consider Rush and Sean fair game. But, this President has always been about stifling dissent- although his own inaguration speech claimed that he was a champion of that (heck no rembember- Ayers ads taken to court, getting all opposers for Senate kicked off ballot by community organizer army petitions, having his daughter's pictures taken off of Internet sites, sending out the Democrat army against the author's of the books "Obamanation" and "The Case Against Barack O'bama")

In the last two days Michelle Obama complained about the Ty Co. marketing dolls named "Melia" and "Sasha"- not exact replicas, not advertised as the Obama children. She claimed that they are private citizens.
Joe The Plumber started out as a private citizen and was immediately attacked directly by Obama himself. A white man, he had no one to protect him. No Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton to run to his defense.

Lefty
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
dog, yes Hannity is a private citizen as well as the commies in Hollywood, as you say.

horse, I don't think any Private Citizen, public figure or not, should be fair game for a Public Official. But, that's just me.

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM
So, you're saying there is no distinction between elected public officials and private citizens? Just because a private citizen gets publicity doesn't make him/her a public official.

Boxcar

nope and that's not what lefty was saying either.
he was saying that rush should not be dumped on by bama.
well if rush makes his views known on PUBLIC airways on issues of the day then one would/could expect blow back from that.

Bush and others criticized and still do those h'wood commie types but I never heard lefty a cryin over them.

I don't think ANYONE who goes public(WILLINGLY) then deserves to pull the tarp over them and claim private status when the blow back comes.

before this goes down the drain, plumber wise , him asking bama whatever and debating was fine and it should stop there, if he said and acted as if he wanted it to stop. I don't think he did.

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Private citizens can be public figures. That does not make them a public official.

I do not care about the arguments amongst us, I'm more interested in the information and learning as much as I can. For that I try and avoid the name callers.

My final position on this- President Obama is Mr. Rush Limbaugh's elected official- Mr. Limbaugh's public SERVANT. Mr. Obama is to represent Rush's and all American's best interests. Although Obama may disagree with Rush's opinions, for him to tell other citizens and government not to listen to him, President Obama is possibly affecting private citizen/public figure Rush's emotional demeanor, profit, status in the community, overall success, ect. ect. Legal for Obama to do because Rush is a public figure. But very bad judgement, in my opinion. If he would have told the reps "don't let any within your party divide us from working together" would have been suffice. Or, even mentioning don't let Rush divide us would have passed. But, asking for them to avoid Rush's dissent by "not listening"? That's just spooky. Maybe someday Barack Obama will prove to me he is not the boogie man I think he is. I HOPE so. Anyone can CHANGE. I can always DREAM.

Until then, President Obama has a track record in the last three months of trying to take down three American citizens who are not his peers in government- Limbaugh, Hannity and "Plumber". (And maybe Blago! Joking! Rahm Emanuel has yet to get to him with his knives and dead fish)

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Private citizens can be public figures. That does not make them a public official.

I do not care about the arguments amongst us, I'm more interested in the information and learning as much as I can. For that I try and avoid the name callers.

My final position on this- President Obama is Mr. Rush Limbaugh's elected official- Mr. Limbaugh's public SERVANT. Mr. Obama is to represent Rush's and all American's best interests. Although Obama may disagree with Rush's opinions, for him to tell other citizens and government not to listen to him, President Obama is possibly affecting private citizen/public figure Rush's emotional demeanor, profit, status in the community, overall success, ect. ect. Legal for Obama to do because Rush is a public figure. But very bad judgement, in my opinion. If he would have told the reps "don't let any within your party divide us from working together" would have been suffice. Or, even mentioning don't let Rush divide us would have passed. But, asking for them to avoid Rush's dissent by "not listening"? That's just spooky. Maybe someday Barack Obama will prove to me he is not the boogie man I think he is. I HOPE so. Anyone can CHANGE. I can always DREAM.

Until then, President Obama has a track record in the last three months of trying to take down three American citizens who are not his peers in government- Limbaugh, Hannity and "Plumber". (And maybe Blago! Joking! Rahm Emanuel has yet to get to him with his knives and dead fish)

so , when bama says not to listen to Wright and that he doesn't agree with some of his "sayings" "true or not who knows" , you agree?
is that over the line as well?

So, if an elected official thinks that the speaches of a citizen should not be given any weight and says that out loud then that's in all cases not doing a public good?

How's that if the public offical believes that the position is a harm as advocated?

Wouldn't all have to be slient on almost everything, david duke to the unibomber?

there's probaly just as much smoke on the side of the view that an unwitting tool -- blogo -- was used to discredit bama or his advisors as any other , it wouldn't be the first time, dirty tricks and all. Anyway , makes for a better movie.

Lefty
01-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Horsefan, I was going to reply to dog's last post, but sir, you said it all and you said it right.

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
lefty , that's ok, leave it to the grown-ups.
:)

Lefty
01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
dog, you're not getting this at all. When a Pres starts telling people not to listen to somebody, especially when he's telling public official this, it does smack of shutting down dissenting ideas. And bringing up Wright is an obfuscation and bringing up Duke and the Unabomber is an insult. firstly, he has never said don't listen to Wright has he? And he should not. He doesn't have to say anything. Too late now, isn't it?
Duke is a racist and don't know why you bring him up. the Unabomber is a criminal. Are you putting talk show hosts in the same class as these?

Lefty
01-26-2009, 05:34 PM
dog, post 35 proves your skills are less than mine.
Thanks.

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
dog, you're not getting this at all. When a Pres starts telling people not to listen to somebody, especially when he's telling public official this, it does smack of shutting down dissenting ideas. And bringing up Wright is an obfuscation and bringing up Duke and the Unabomber is an insult. firstly, he has never said don't listen to Wright has he? And he should not. He doesn't have to say anything. Too late now, isn't it?
Duke is a racist and don't know why you bring him up. the Unabomber is a criminal. Are you putting talk show hosts in the same class as these?

Ah, lefty , NOW we are getting somewhere, You have captured my thoughts perfectly, talk show hosts criminals - YES, but they have the right to still talk.

As for duke and the unibomber, the unibomber published many tracts before he ever sent the first bomb, would you endorse his right to speak before the bombs?

Far as I know bama did disown some of Wrights' views, so when he did that, I don't think i dreamed that it was on all your news shows, then did he silence wright? You get to judge who has something to say, and who granted you this power over all humans?

the same goes for all the other twat you spewed on this.

telling someone not to listen to someone else is not silencing that someone, no matter how you try to twist it.

as to your 35 or whatever , well give it a rest.

on Duke, lefty you don't get the Amrerican way, even if he's a racist he still gets to speak and you or a public offical still get to speak against him.

You just are not a real TRUE AMERICAN it seems.
Only when the rhetoric fits your views is it ok with you it seems.

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
lefty, seems that bennet has crossed to the dark side as well.

Bennett said, "The locution 'I want him to fail' is not what you say the first week the man's been inaugurated ... the rhetoric could be improved."

for a rhetoric meister like rushbo that's a strong putdown huh?

:lol:

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 05:52 PM
I already stated my position, and I don't have time to argue into minute detail unimportant facts. It can quickly become apparent who wants to waste your time, criticize and TEACH ME NOTHING.

"Legal" but "bad judgement" already covered this.

Posting to pass the time away is of no interest to me. PRESIDENT OBAMA's behavior is my topic. He continously shows poor judgement, CONTINUOSLY- and his presidency is only one week old! Ignoring our flag salute, using racism over and over, calling Palin a pig, targeting citizens, it goes on and on. If the press had 1/100 of the hatred for him that they had for Bush he would not be our president and his approval ratings would be dropping faster than they are right now.

Arguing from a seemingly malicious perspective teaches me nothing. Please don't ask me questions when the answer was already in the post. Thank You!

ddog
01-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I already stated my position, and I don't have time to argue into minute detail unimportant facts. It can quickly become apparent who wants to waste your time, criticize and TEACH ME NOTHING.

"Legal" but "bad judgement" already covered this.

Posting to pass the time away is of no interest to me. PRESIDENT OBAMA's behavior is my topic. He continously shows poor judgement, CONTINUOSLY- and his presidency is only one week old! Ignoring our flag salute, using racism over and over, calling Palin a pig, targeting citizens, it goes on and on. If the press had 1/100 of the hatred for him that they had for Bush he would not be our president and his approval ratings would be dropping faster than they are right now.

Arguing from a seemingly malicious perspective teaches me nothing. Please don't ask me questions when the answer was already in the post. Thank You!

the devils in the details and you have to be open to learn, you clearly have a mind made up. that's fine.

as to the hatred, give it time, you may be surprised.

No olbligation to post back, i accept your "maliciousness" of posting after a week.
Just as many jumped Bush after a week or so or before as you do so now.

that's fine.
they are big boys.

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
PEACE.
Love me by teaching me Big Boy.
Goodnight!

rastajenk
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Bush and others criticized and still do those h'wood commie types but I never heard lefty a cryin over them. When?

Bush is too much a professional to get drawn into those kinds of things. Obama does it on a regular basis.

riskman
01-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Today Rushbo said on his radio broadcast:

“I think Obama wants me to fail,” Limbaugh said. “President Obama, by telling you and the elected Republicans in Washington to not listen to me because I am not how things get done in Washington, he has said that he wants me to fail.”
Limbaugh today planned to unveil his own bipartisan plan to “resolve the fight over the stimulus package.”

Here is Limbaugh"s proposal. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_012609/content/01125108.guest.html

Lefty
01-26-2009, 08:03 PM
dog, you not only miss the point but you keep trying to obfuskate the point. The point is: the President told duly elected officials in essence, if they wanted to get along with him and get things done, they should stop listening to Limbaugh. i don't recall him mentioning those other characters.
This great. I love to fight. Cataract sugery has forestalled my ability to take blows to the head, but a good wordfight pleases me almost as well.

boxcar
01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
When?

Bush is too much a professional to get drawn into those kinds of things. Obama does it on a regular basis.

What do we really expect from BO? He's nothing but a Chicago ghettomeister -- a professional "community organizer" -- who is accustomed to speaking from where his heart is -- in the gutter.

Boxcar

boxcar
01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
lefty, seems that bennet has crossed to the dark side as well.

Bennett said, "The locution 'I want him to fail' is not what you say the first week the man's been inaugurated ... the rhetoric could be improved."

for a rhetoric meister like rushbo that's a strong putdown huh?

Why is it!? And furthermore, Rush said he wants his policies to fail. So do I!

Why do I want a stimulus package for non-taxpayers disguised as tax rebates to succeed when in fact they amount welfare payments?

Why would I want Bush's tax cuts rescinded when even deeper tax cuts right now is precisely what is needed for taxpayers?

Why would I want a government takeover of the 8th largest industry so that it can limit my personal choices and call all the shots on my personal healthcare?

Why would I want abortion expanded to include infanticide? The Party of Death isn't satisfied with murder in womb, so now it wants to murder outside of it, too.

Why would I want to pander to terrorists and sworn enemies of the U.S. and increase national security risks by closing Gitmo and all the secret CIA prisons overseas?

And I could go on...and on. The fact is that, like Rush, I want all of BO's policies to fail that are anti-American, anti-freedom, anti-capitalism, anti-personal choice and unpatriotic.

Death to Marxism and BO's policies! (Forgive the redundancy.)

Boxcar

Tom
01-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I want him to fail at everything he touches.
I want him to run with scissors.
I want to play with Bee Bee guns.

This refugee from the sewers of Chicago is wrong on every issue.
Failure means victory for Americans.

Marshall Bennett
01-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I want him to run with scissors.
I want to play with Bee Bee guns.

I suppose driving with no brakes can't be far behind ?? :lol:

NJ Stinks
01-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Don't forget: "I want him to lose last November's election!" :lol:

hcap
01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
After failkure of the republican party last November. there is no face of the party.

Is Rush Limbaugh the New Face of the GOP? .

"The party is in transition," said Ed Rogers, a Republican lobbyist and close ally of Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour. "Our leaders have not found their voice or direction....Limbaugh is filling a vacuum in a world that requires a constant media counter-point."

Are you gentlemen willing to let this man be it?

http://static.crooksandliars.com/files/movieimages/2009/01/7159.dl.jpg

Actually he has been the voice. Just listen to Tom and Lefty waving kisses as they quote verbatim and bow furiously.

Maybe the ticket come 2012 will be Palin/Limbaugh. With Joe the Plumber as press secretary? :lol:

Lefty
01-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Limbaugh is a true conservative. You guys kiss Jimmy Carters ass, admire the likes of Michael Moore. But I guess conservatives are not allowed to admire a true political genius?
Hcap, I think you libs, including Obama just about piss in your pants, you're so afraid of Limbaugh.

hcap
01-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I particularly liked how masterly he insulted and mocked Michael J Fox.
Scares the hell out of me.

lamboguy
01-27-2009, 09:09 PM
one thing for sure about rush, i know he was a liberal now a converted conservetive, but forget that, he will make sure everyone gets enough pills to pop, if you can't get them he will certainly show you the way. this guy is just what america needs as a leader.

bigmack
01-27-2009, 09:14 PM
one thing for sure about rush, i know he was a liberal now a converted conservetive, but forget that, he will make sure everyone gets enough pills to pop, if you can't get them he will certainly show you the way. this guy is just what america needs as a leader.
Good stuff Stymie. Do you write your own material or get it from Bazooka Joe cartoons?

Lefty
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM
h'cap, you don't know what the hell you're talkin about. That was a liberal lie. Quit listening to lies and half truths and listen to Rush himself, for what he says is never reported truthfully. Rush said Fox was being "used" by the left and he was right.

lamby, not an ounce of forgiveness in that liberal head of yours is there? I hope you're never in great pain like Rush was and get addicted to pain pills like he did. You should be commending him for getting help and kicking the habit. But won't hold my breath waiting for any liberal compassion.

hcap
01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
h'cap, you don't know what the hell you're talkin about. That was a liberal lie. Quit listening to lies and half truths and listen to Rush himself, for what he says is never reported truthfully. Rush said Fox was being "used" by the left and he was right.lLefty LaLaLand, I saw Limpbag shake like he was pretending to be a victim of Parkinsons. His facial expressions left no doubt.
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Yours Truly
BrainDeadRush

lamboguy
01-27-2009, 09:43 PM
hey bigmack, you are right on. i got to give you some credit, you figured this right out. i love you guys.

keep coming at me

gopony
01-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Why do I want a stimulus package for non-taxpayers disguised as tax rebates to succeed when in fact they amount welfare payments?

Well I for one would want this money to go to someone who is going to spend it. I think this first round of TARP pretty much amounted to welfare to some pretty piss poor management.

Why would I want Bush's tax cuts rescinded when even deeper tax cuts right now is precisely what is needed for taxpayers?

Because someone in this tax bracket doesn't need a tax cut. Anyway I would just take it and put it into savings (preferably in some more solvent banks overseas).

Why would I want a government takeover of the 8th largest industry so that it can limit my personal choices and call all the shots on my personal healthcare?

I just watched close to 1000 people get layed off and walked to the doors today. Nothing they did wrong. I would like to know that they and their families have insurance. Is there something Un-American about that?

Why would I want to pander to terrorists and sworn enemies of the U.S. and increase national security risks by closing Gitmo and all the secret CIA prisons overseas?

Why would I want to kill innocent people in a country far away? Why would I want to create or increase hatred of my country in a foreign land, where they basically feel they have nothing to lose by strapping on a dynamite vest? Why would I want them to grow up with a seething hatred for the US, because our soldiers killed a member of their family? I mean I would be one pissed off son of a bitch if someone came over here and killed my parents, my children or my brother or sister? I would also be pissed off if I found that when my country went to right this wrong, they chose to go after another country, because it was politiically/economically more convenient.

I say I want my freedom as in the constitution. I don't want laws passed that forgo any Constitutional rights for any American citizen. I want American's rights protected. Not given up because we are cowards in the face of the enemy.

For when we give up those rights they have won.
When we treat others inhumanly they have won.

I believe that we have done more harm than good in Iraq and Afghanistan. And I think we only have ourselves to blame. In Afghanistan we fought a war and left an impoverished nation. We never helped rebuild that country. We are going to do the same in Iraq. Mainly now because we can't afford it.

JustRalph
01-28-2009, 01:02 AM
How much I support obama...........article from Big Hollywood

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/rwj/2009/01/27/how-much-i-support-our-president/

Apparently the first thing that changed is that dissent is no longer the highest form of patriotism. Rush Limbaugh found that out when he was accused of wanting the President to fail
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/files/2009/01/screengrab1-300x201.jpg

snip

I support him as much as Code Pink supports our troops.

I support him as much as N.O.W. supports Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

I support him as much as the Hollywood community supported Theo Van Gogh.

I support him as much as Nancy Pelosi supports the Catholic Church’s teachings on life.

I support him as much as Al Gore supports cutting down on his personal carbon footprint to save the world.

I support him as much as John Edwards supports The National Enquirer’s right to publish pictures of his girlfriend and baby.

I support him as much as Western gay rights groups support Mehdi Kazemi.

I support him as much as the Castro brothers support Oscar Biscet’s right to
free speech.

I support him as much as Ted Kennedy supports renewable wind energy off the coast of his summer mansion.

I support him as much as Bill Clinton supports Hillary’s ambitions for higher office.

I support him as much as the National Education Association supports the rights of students and parents to get a quality education over the security of a teacher’s job.

I support him just as much as he supports the right of a baby who survives an abortion to not spend its only living moments waiting to die in a storage room.

more at the link

PaceAdvantage
01-28-2009, 02:02 AM
hey bigmack, you are right on. i got to give you some credit, you figured this right out. i love you guys.

keep coming at mePlease tell me you're not playing the victim card here, are you? Wow.

PaceAdvantage
01-28-2009, 02:06 AM
How much I support obama...........article from Big Hollywood

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/rwj/2009/01/27/how-much-i-support-our-president/

Apparently the first thing that changed is that dissent is no longer the highest form of patriotism. Rush Limbaugh found that out when he was accused of wanting the President to fail

I support him just as much as he supports the right of a baby who survives an abortion to not spend its only living moments waiting to die in a storage room.

more at the linkGold I tells ya. Absolute gold! Keep up your patriotism Ralphy boy! They told us last year that criticizing your government and your President is one of the HIGHEST forms of PATRIOTISM! We're gonna roll with that!

lamboguy
01-28-2009, 06:15 AM
i think we are all victims to the polititions and bankers of the world. in my opinion rush limbaugh is as bad as any other slanted biased media that is conveying information these days. he is no better than the new york times, nbc, cnn or any other biased number. he is a messenger that feeds off of peoples fear's and exploits them.

i can tell that this country has become a house devided. just by being on this board and seeing the same people entrenched in their honest thoughts. there is no reasoning just attacks. some of the attacks from both sides are well founded others stand up for their side no matter what.

the other thing is that there is a sense that people would rather say i told you so, rather than being optomistic. deep down inside i am sure most people wanted bush to suceed with his leadership, and most want obama to do well too. both of these presidents made it into office in their own way. the opposition never gave bush a chance because they felt they got robbed in the election, not because he was a compasionate conservetive republican. with obama, the other side didn't like how he figured out how to outfox them with the internet. he got people to vote that no one before him could figure out how to get them to leave the house, the younger generation.

there is nothing wrong with being conservetive or liberal. the thing that's wrong is to think its my way or the highway.

JustRalph
01-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Anybody catch that Congressman from Georgia who called into Rush's show today and Apologized like a beaten dog, for bad mouthing Rush?

I was scanning the dial and heard it..........very funny........

ArlJim78
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Anybody catch that Congressman from Georgia who called into Rush's show today and Apologized like a beaten dog, for bad mouthing Rush?

i caught that, he was funny. he sure was adament for people to know that he wasn't against Rush.

he said one great thing, that the best scenario would be for every republican to vote against the bill. he is so right about that, it would be good for the country and great for the party.
but sadly thats not going to happen

Tom
01-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up...Rush comes on here at 2:00 - now!

Lefty
01-28-2009, 04:26 PM
lamby, if you don't know why rush is different than New York Times, NBC and CNN then you need a leetle educating. Here goes:
Rush is a pundit, a commentator and says he's a conservative up front.
The Times, NBC and CNN are NEWS ORGANIZATIONS, and they pretend to be objective.
I hope you can discern the difference.

hcap
01-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Hcap, I think you libs, including Obama just about piss in your pants, you're so afraid of Limbaugh.So Lefty, not only did he get his jollies from pretending to have Parkinsons-mocking Michael Fox on stem cell research, he did a job on Chelsea Clinton when she was 13 years old.

Molly Ivins......

http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/1995/05/ivins.html

"On his TV show, early in the Clinton administration, Limbaugh put up a picture of Socks, the White House cat, and asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" Then he put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton.

When viewers objected, he claimed, in typical Limbaugh fashion, that the gag was an accident and that without his permission some technician had put up the picture of Chelsea."

Real class act. Your hero now worshiped by you, Tom, and the rest of the 22 percenters here.

And now the PA high-fivers economic guru. :lol:

lamboguy
01-29-2009, 07:56 AM
why is it me that is making the mistake on how i label someone or something?

the new media that i mentioned have been liberal forever, rush limbaugh was a liberal and changed to a conservetive to make money.

to me both limbaugh and the otherside of the media is very dangerous to our society. kids that don't know how to do arithmatic without a calculator or a computer are dangerous as well.

cj's dad
01-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Stimulus = Reparations

delayjf
01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Reparations

I was wondering how long it would be before the above subject reared it's head.

Tom
01-29-2009, 05:37 PM
It was in the plan all along.
One thing he has said that is true....his administration is very transparent.

Tom
01-29-2009, 05:38 PM
the new media that i mentioned have been liberal forever, rush limbaugh was a liberal and changed to a conservetive to make money.

Say what?
You got anything to back that up?

lamboguy
01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
he has alway's said he was a democrat until he found the light.

i look forward to listening to rush's show, its the highlight of my day everyday. i am a very boring person and it puts alot of spice in my life.

GaryG
01-29-2009, 07:05 PM
It seems that the emperor is looking for Rush in his rear view mirror. This is going to be a fun 4 years if it lasts that long.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/28/MNEU15IVR0.DTL&type=politics&tsp=1

JustRalph
01-30-2009, 01:03 AM
If Rush's health holds up it will be a blast for him

The Judge
01-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Will you be keeping your "reperations/welfare" or will you ,who are now in the minority ,be sending your shares back. Never have gotten an answer from you 22%ers.

Sent it back ,don't make the government turn into sinner,welfare,or a reperations recipient, fight back, turn down the money.

Whats that "no can do" you like everybody else will be checking your mailbox and worrying if "your" check is late.

Oh you are going to take the money and run so rather ,then all this welfare/reperations talk the topic should be "How I Plan To Spend My Share"

GaryG
01-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Will you be keeping your "reperations/welfare" or will you ,who are now in the minority ,be sending your shares back. Never have gotten an answer from you 22%ers.I am going to buy the most expensive pair of running shoes that I can find.....maybe the kind that glow in the dark.

The Judge
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
as you seem to be in the dark more then most.

Tom
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Will you be keeping your "reperations/welfare" or will you ,who are now in the minority ,be sending your shares back. Never have gotten an answer from you 22%ers.

Of course I will keep mine. Why would I send it back? I am one who has paid to carry this country for a long time now, so I should be a moron and send it back when some human anchor who paid no taxes gets a rebate??????
Judge, you think I'm crazy? :lol: Why would I send anything back when it is mine to begin with?

Bubba X
01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Keep the money.

Consider yourself reparated.

Lefty
01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
judge, for those of us that pay taxes it will not be a welfare check but a teeny refund of what we paid in taxes. However about 45% don't pay taxes and therefore will be getting a "welfare" check that taxpayers pay for.

The Judge
01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
everybody pays taxes ever buy a pair of soxs or a beer not to mention a gallon of gas. What pool of money is your reparations coming from ?

Lefty
01-30-2009, 07:07 PM
As a federal income taxpayer I'm not getting reparations. I'm getting a tiny part of my own money back. We're talking federal income taxes here and you know it; least I hope you know it. Taxpayers like me pay sales tax and gas tax too. So people getting a check that do not pay federal income taxes are getting welfare.

The Judge
01-30-2009, 08:36 PM
don't count as paying taxes even thou they windup in the exact same place,after its collect. If anyone person is getting welfare everyone is.

Lefty
01-30-2009, 09:00 PM
judge, if you think sales taxes end up the same place as federal income taxes we can't have a debate until you get better educated on the subject.

The Judge
01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
through higher prices (The consumer pays the vendor who transfers this payment to the Fed).

Does It Make A Difference?

When we describe how the free market converts what is labeled a tax on inputs, i.e. income for labor into a tax on consumption what difference does it make?

First: It forever changes our common perception about who pays the income tax and how it is paid.

Second: This imbedded and disguised tax cost recovery system is a flat tax in the sense that all people be they rich or poor expend the same 23% on any consumer purchase which they make to feed the vendors tax account.

Third: When the supermarket we used as an example figures the size of the Federal Tax Account, they include all Federal tax liabilities. The tax liability of the minimum wage grocery sacker and the 39.6% tax on the salary of the top managers and owners are all factored into the same pot for transfer to the Fed with a credit distributed to each employee tax filer measured by the employee's earnings.

Fourth: It is the total Federal Tax from all salary ranges and all other taxes levied by the Fed's on the supermarket that determines the total price increase necessary to fund its tax account. The tax is levied on and measured by the employee's earnings but it is paid by the supermarket's customers through higher prices.

Fifth: If congress raises the income tax on wealthy supermarket owners who pays the tax? Obviously all consumers. The more you tax the "rich" the higher the cost of groceries become because of the free market tax recovery system. As you tax the rich, the poor suffer. For example if an affluent consumer comes into the supermarket to purchase $100.00 of groceries, she gets $77.00 worth of groceries and leaves $23.00 for the Federal Tax account of the vendor who then uses the $23.00 to feed his own tax account and to recoup the added cost paid to shippers and suppliers based on their higher prices occasioned by Federal Tax liability calculations. If an impoverished lady with a large family comes into the supermarket to spend $100.00 she receives $77.00 of groceries and leaves $23.00 for the Feds. She may have needed more groceries for her family but her tax contribution is the same as someone more affluent. It is a flat tax in this sense.

The Practical Effect

1. It is the total take of the Feds from all salary ranges that determine the amount of the imbedded tax. To lower the total take through rate reductions would be of great benefit to the economically challenged members of our society through lower consumer prices. It doesn't matter which economic quintile gets their taxes lowered. It is the total impact of all taxes that determine the size of the cost recovery tax, which all consumers must pay.

2. The Democrats will only fight when the total tax take of the Feds is reduced as President Bush has discovered. The Democrats know that the Bush proposal, when implemented will reduce the imbedded tax perhaps from 23% to about 21%.

3. Consider that during the early 90's the Fed's take was increased by raising the tax rate on the most affluent from 28% to 39.6%. During the 90's these top income earners never had such good times while the lowest quintile of income earners struggled to maintain their standard of living. Why? When you raise tax on the affluent it increases the total tax take of the Feds, adversely impacting the consumer prices the financially challenged must pay. The impact is disproportionately negative because of their smaller incomes.

WHY CHANGE THE CURRENT SYSTEM?

In addition to collecting revenue, the other purpose of the income Tax after World War II was to direct economic behavior. This proved problematical at best and led to unintended consequences when a system designed for an agrarian collectivist 19th century economy was grafted onto a free market system starting in the second decade of the 20th Century. Why not switch to the more efficient tax collection system. By the 60's even the most obtuse left wing professors and intellectuals had disavowed the most brutal aspects of communism. So why has this relic of 19th century socialism persisted? By mid century our politicians realized that by offering exemptions and exclusions, credits and deductions, threatening tax hikes and employing a massive I. R. S. intimidation bureaucracy they could punish foes while rewarding friends, Tax filers soon learned that by contributing staggering sums of campaign cash they could ameliorate some of the Congress' most outrageous behavior.

Some politicians love the current system. It allows the Democrats to pit one group of taxpayers against another. We now know that the Tax the rich rhetoric doesn't hurt the rich very much because most of their payment represents a recovery of the imbedded sales tax levied on the goods and services they purvey. Unfortunately, the benefits available from reductions in the reporting requirements on the poor are more apparent than real because their smaller incomes have already been subjected to the higher retail prices occasioned by the indirect, imbedded, cost recovery, sales tax and forwarded to the Feds on the vendor's returns.

DO YOU PAY YOUR INCOME TAX
AT THE SUPERMARKET?
(If your answer is no, this information will surprise you!)

By D. Sherman Cox J.D. L.L.M. Taxation

cj's dad
01-30-2009, 10:31 PM

Sent it back ,don't make the government turn into sinner,welfare,or a reperations recipient, fight back, turn down the money.

Whats that "no can do" you like everybody else will be checking your mailbox and worrying if "your" check is late.

Oh you are going to take the money and run so rather ,then all this welfare/reperations talk the topic should be "How I Plan To Spend My Share"

Several points if you are up to paying attention/listening:

#1 - how do you know that I am not a Democrat?? and ergo not in the majority ??
#2 - or that I am not a union member/ skilled craftsmen ??
#3 - I pay quite a bit in Federal Income taxes each and every year
#4 - If everyone paid 10% percent as Steve Forbes suggested this would not be an issue; i.e. who keeps and who does not; we would all be equal.
#5 - to answer your question- hell yes I will keep the money that I paid vs.those who will keep money that was never paid in - what a nefarious argument on your part.
BTW - Hope you know what nefarious means.:D

lamboguy
01-30-2009, 10:43 PM
i think steve forbes has the right idea make everyone an equal in paying their fare share.

it would basically get rid of the irs.

just wondering, with as big as the government is today, unemployment heading towards 10%. corporate earnings going way down, and the debt keeps going up every second. where is the government going to find the money to keep going?

i think i know that answer and its not a nice answer

Suff
01-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Gold I tells ya. Absolute gold! Keep up your patriotism Ralphy boy! They told us last year that criticizing your government and your President is one of the HIGHEST forms of PATRIOTISM! We're gonna roll with that!

Do you see anyone editing those posts? What you need to do is prepare for the price of dissent. Don't worry about dissenting, you'll get plenty of chances.

What your not ready for, and I suspect you will not be able to tolerate is the price of dissent.

What exactly should be the appropaite response to someone who advocates the failure of America's leaders? A parade? You could not tolerate it when people dissented with you, and you'll demonstrate a low tolerance to dissent as well.

People who advocate for America's failure are traitors and criminals.

That would be you, ralph and limbaugh.

Lefty
01-30-2009, 11:04 PM
suff, c'mon, don't twist words. Limbaugh did not advocate the failure of America and neither did Ralph. Rush said he wanted Obama to fail in implementing his liberal policies. Because he knows they WILL lead to America's failure.

The Judge
01-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Welfare/Reperation is what you say some Amerians will get but your welfare (your words not mine) check is magically turns into a tax rebate . Sorry if thats the fiction you believe. Again everybody pays taxes. Just ask D.Sherman Cox J.D L.L.M Taxation.

I don't who you are or what you do, but I have a pretty good idea what you stand for. Welfare/Reparation indeed code words that everybody on this board (with a brain) understands. Try it someplace else it ain't flying here.

Lefty
01-31-2009, 12:31 AM
judge, I don't want blve you are this dense. i don't wanna blve it but...
One more try: judge we all pay sales tax and gas tax. But all of us do not pay federal income tax. And that's the subject. federal income tax. So stop the obfuscating.

JustRalph
01-31-2009, 03:21 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_013009/content/01125115.guest.html

Check out what Rush did for one of callers.............

sometimes I think these are staged, but who knows

lamboguy
01-31-2009, 04:31 AM
the media today is not based on telling its readers or viewer's the truth. its about getting you to watch them and the goods and services that they push on you. their is no such thing as fair and balanced in any thing these days.

i can tell you after spending the last 6 hours looking at the internal's of the world index's and stockmarkets that there are big problem's infront of us.

in my opinion the world leaders that are located throughout this planet are all clueless. entertainers like rush limbaugh, and the people that voice their opinion's from either side are nothing less than dangerous because it slants a person's thought process.

i have been watching our new president the last few days, all he is doing now is focusing on how bad a situation he inherited is. he is doing nothing but setting you up to vote for him again. he will tell you in due time how much better he made things after he lowered the bar.

from the very first day he took office it looks like he is laying the foundation for running for office again in another 4 years. that to me looks like all he is interested in doing right now.

The Judge
01-31-2009, 04:39 AM
do not all pay the same amount. At least you have left your other dead end position. How did I know this would be your next dead end arguement. I am glad that you now admit, if you are in the U.S you are paying taxes.

COX calls tax on "food" an "income tax" and he explains why. If thats the case then those people that pay more taxes than you might indeed say you are getting welfare or at least more then your fair share. This then makes you the same as those that work but don't pay taxes on income.

If its all taxes then your arguement is the amount each person is paying .Well someone is always paying more or less then the next person. I will leave it at that I know its hard for you.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 05:42 AM
Do you see anyone editing those posts? What you need to do is prepare for the price of dissent. Don't worry about dissenting, you'll get plenty of chances.

What your not ready for, and I suspect you will not be able to tolerate is the price of dissent.

What exactly should be the appropaite response to someone who advocates the failure of America's leaders? A parade? You could not tolerate it when people dissented with you, and you'll demonstrate a low tolerance to dissent as well.

That would be you, ralph and limbaugh.Yes, I know Suff. In Kos-world, when you root for failure while Bush is President, you're being a patriotic American, holding to the fine traditions our founding fathers set forth.

When you do the same with Obama, you're a traitor and a criminal.

How convenient.

Now for something completely different:

Hey, maybe someone (YOU) can online-stalk my ass and post the reasons why I am posting so early in the morning / late at night....could it be:

a) I'm a drug addict
b) I'm a drunk
c) I'm unemployed
d) I'm single and alone in my one bedroom apartment, sitting in my underwear and opening my welfare check
e) all of the above
f) none of the above

Hopefully, you can file a FOIA and find out the real truth. That's how they do it in Kos-land, right buddy?

lamboguy
01-31-2009, 06:52 AM
i look at internal's in the market,almost every sector i see except for gold is real weak.
i am doing this about 2 weeks into the obama presidency. i have done the same type of work with prior presidents starting with reagan. i can tell you that reagan and clinton had the best looking internals out of anyone that i have followed. both presdents argueably turned out to be great presidents and motivated the citizen's in their own way.

the worst set of internal's that i have seen is right now, this new guy. quite frankly i think we are all sick of blaming the guy before and want to see some leadership out of the new guy.
i am not in love with one thing that he has done so far. they keep telling us he has great people around him, i really don't see it, and for that matter neither does the markets.

ddog
01-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Gold I tells ya. Absolute gold! Keep up your patriotism Ralphy boy! They told us last year that criticizing your government and your President is one of the HIGHEST forms of PATRIOTISM! We're gonna roll with that!

damn straight, take it down,now!

Oh and just a litle advice on the "church" angle, from the support list,
softpedal that one , most people don't like to think they are rolling with a socialist supporting pedophile enabling "church".
talk about surrendering your moral authority....

smells a little.

Tom
01-31-2009, 11:15 AM
don't count as paying taxes even thou they windup in the exact same place,after its collect. If anyone person is getting welfare everyone is.

Sales taxes are NOT federal.

ddog
01-31-2009, 11:38 AM
under the system in place, it doesn't matter.

as to taxes, it doesn't matter who collects , you still pay.

you would be better off if fed rates were raised if sales taxes were abolished.

Lefty
01-31-2009, 11:45 AM
judge the argument is Federal income taxes. If you want to be like other libs and change the argument and obfuscate the argument so be it. It's pigsimple but if you can't grasp it then so be it. I pay federal income tax and I don't like my tax money beingh given to those that don't. Pigsimple, and you don't get it and would rather stick to obfuscating and making a spurious argument then thats it. I can't educate the uneducable.

The Judge
01-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Disagrees with you no matter what you call it the Feds end up with your money even when you buy food. He makes a good arguement and he seems to be no liberal as a matter of fact he seems to be your kind of guy. He says its an income tax disguised as something else. It's an income tax based on consumption.http://www.geocities.com/cmcofer/mkt.html

lsbets
01-31-2009, 11:52 AM

That would be you, ralph and limbaugh.

I don't want America to fail, but I sure as hell want this stimulus bill, the hallmark of Obama - to fail. To call it a stimulus is a joke. It has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with ramming every liberal program that has been held up since Reagan down everyone's throats with by using (if I can borrow a lib term) the "politics of fear". Pass this now or we're all doomed.

90% of that bill should have its own separate debate and vote. But, the Dems know that a lot of it would be very unpopular, so they aren't going to do that. They are going to hide it as "stimulus" and scare everyone into supporting it. Its a crock, and light needs to be shined on it.

Lefty
01-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Judge, it's pigsimple. I pay Federal Income tax. I don't want those that don't getting part of my money. I can't make you understand because you have chosen to carry on with your specios argument so this is it.
Maybe you don't pay federal income tax either. Don't know but your argument leads me to believe that. :bang:

Lefty
01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Here's another thought. Those that don't pay Federal Income tax prob have no jobs. So how do they buy food and other taxable goods. They can't so they're prob getting food stamps and other govt handouts. So they are screwing us taxpayers many ways and here you are condoning it.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't want America to fail, but I sure as hell want this stimulus bill, the hallmark of Obama - to fail. To call it a stimulus is a joke. It has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with ramming every liberal program that has been held up since Reagan down everyone's throats with by using (if I can borrow a lib term) the "politics of fear". Pass this now or we're all doomed.

90% of that bill should have its own separate debate and vote. But, the Dems know that a lot of it would be very unpopular, so they aren't going to do that. They are going to hide it as "stimulus" and scare everyone into supporting it. Its a crock, and light needs to be shined on it.The way I see it, Obama and Democrats are acting in the same exact way as Bush and the Republicans with their first "You must pass this bill!" TARP crapola.

The people didn't want that passed, but it was.

As always, the people don't matter, unless we're voting on gay marriage in California. In a matter so unimportant in the grand scheme of things, the people have full say in the matter. Sure makes one wonder.

lamboguy
01-31-2009, 12:19 PM
don't you know you got to have that gay mariage deal?

sector by sector this guy is alot worse than bush!

the sharp guys are gonna take this market apart, limb by limb, and blow it up to smithrines.

you better believe that goldman sachs and chase and whoever is left are gonna be on the right side of this deal. they are probably all in as i speak.

The Judge
01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
people work and unfortunately make so little money they are denied the privilege of paying taxes. Some work parttime,some seasonal,some have been laid-off midstream. They file a 1040 even though they don't woe money. You only get money if the feds have your address you must file. Those that don't file can't get a check.

The down and out buy beer,cheap wine,cigaretts,and yes I've seen them buy food with money at McDs. If you are in America you are paying taxes.

Tom
01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Sales taxes are not federal taxes.

jballscalls
01-31-2009, 03:54 PM
why is anyone opposed to a flat tax?? that way we all pay the same amount of tax % wise, from 4 bucks an hour to 20 million a year. seems fair isnt it?

JustRalph
01-31-2009, 04:57 PM
why is anyone opposed to a flat tax?? that way we all pay the same amount of tax % wise, from 4 bucks an hour to 20 million a year. seems fair isnt it?

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!

jballscalls
01-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!

Who was the dude from Arkansas, real religious guy that ran for prez for a while. he was a flat tax guy.

GaryG
01-31-2009, 05:06 PM
why is anyone opposed to a flat tax?? that way we all pay the same amount of tax % wise, from 4 bucks an hour to 20 million a year. seems fair isnt it?I have been in favor of the FT for years. I don't think it is widely supported among the liberals though. Anyone?

lamboguy
01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
personally i don't care for limbaugh, but this deal that they are trying to pass to get him of the air is bazzaar.

whether you like limbaugh or not he has the right to be on the air. he has lots of people that either likes what he has to say or enjoys him for entertainment value.

now because one political party took over they are going to pass a law to take him off the air. i will tell you this, the people trying to bounce him are a thousand times worse than limbaugh and are causing more damage here.

this 2 party system is breaking down right in front of your own eyes.

The Judge
01-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Give me flat tax or tax based on consumption ala Cox (the guy makes alot of sense) everybody pays no escape. Services can be provided but that is a seperate issue, it has nothing to do with the tax.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2009, 07:11 PM
personally i don't care for limbaugh, but this deal that they are trying to pass to get him of the air is bazzaar.

whether you like limbaugh or not he has the right to be on the air. he has lots of people that either likes what he has to say or enjoys him for entertainment value.

now because one political party took over they are going to pass a law to take him off the air. i will tell you this, the people trying to bounce him are a thousand times worse than limbaugh and are causing more damage here.

this 2 party system is breaking down right in front of your own eyes.This kind of thing should make every single red-blooded American throw up right now. Where's the outrage here?

If Bush and the Republicans had tried to do such a thing, how many posters of Hitler and Stalin would we be seeing in the streets?

Come on people. Wake the *F* up!

Tom
01-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Berlin, 1933..........Washington, 2009.......connect the dots.

ddog
01-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Judge, it's pigsimple. I pay Federal Income tax. I don't want those that don't getting part of my money. I can't make you understand because you have chosen to carry on with your specios argument so this is it.
Maybe you don't pay federal income tax either. Don't know but your argument leads me to believe that. :bang:

lefty, you are too simple to get it,

look up fungible for gosh sake.

how you can be so dense is beyond me.

the "services" you desire and use will be payed for from somewhere.
sales tax state tax fed tax , to seperate it into little piles is making no sense.
that's why nothing ever gets changed.

by the way , we are not paying now, even with your monstrous fed tax burden anywhere close to what we are using.
you could knock out foodstamps and most anything you want and you still are not close.

cj's dad
01-31-2009, 11:41 PM
I'd vote Rush off if Oprah goes also, or those whiny bitches from the view.

ArlJim78
01-31-2009, 11:55 PM

this 2 party system is breaking down right in front of your own eyes.
I agree. Frankly I think its already gone. It died last year when Bush allowed the raid on the treasury by Goldman Sachs. To this day nobody can account for that money.

JustRalph
02-01-2009, 05:05 AM
I have been in favor of the FT for years. I don't think it is widely supported among the liberals though. Anyone?

you think.............

check out this thread......you gotta love it.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4950392

The Judge
02-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I missed that personal attack by Lefty until you replied. Lefty, I do pay "income taxes " and property taxes, and buisness taxes, I pay for public schools even though my children are grown now and went to private schools most of their lives. When I make a score at the track Uncle Sam is there. If there's a tax I'm paying it.

I started paying "income tax" when I got my first minimum wage job at age 17 making $1.33 an hour, I retired at age 56 making over $120,000 a year at a salaried job, all taxed (nothing left in the way of deductions for a salaried employee). I have paid taxes for 47 straight years never had the pleasure of missing a year. One of the main reasons I retired at 56 was because even after withhodings we still had to write a check at the end of the year between a low of $9,000 - a high of $22,000. It made no sense for both me and my wife to keep working. She has her own business, she wouldn't retire so I did. At age 64 I now have the pleasure of paying taxes on my social security and retriement , which by the way have already been taxed once.

So Lefty I know a thing or two about paying "income taxes" just one of many taxes me and my entire family have the pleasure of paying. Unlike you I know that people on welfare aren't the problem. When a minimum wage job opens up 200 people show up to apply for one position.

When Wall Street got there $800,000,000,000 welfare check the little guy was blamed not so much by Wallstreet, all they cared about was getting the check. The Lefty crowd always picks the weakling out of the bunch and punches him in the nose(foreclosure,no more credit fo you), the muscle bound guy (Wall Street) isn't touched. Heres your money in 10 days, no bebate, pay if and when you can,yes it can be used to pay bonuses,yes it can be used to buy jets, by yes you spend the pension fund, yes you can fire workers,no you don't have to make loans as promised. If you need more money come back.

Thats my story Lefty,what's yours ; are you qualified to talk about "income taxes"? Your constant "income tax theme" makes me think you protest too much.

Lefty
02-01-2009, 11:26 AM
judge, no personal attack. I was just wondering. Through the years i've been called lots and lots of names, so I try my darndest not to respond in kind. I asked a qustion, you answered it. It's a long long way from a personal attack. But i do find that most of you liberal minded gents can dish it out but are very thin skinned. Oops, thin skinned, you and the dog will prob take that as a personal attack also.

Lefty
02-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Judge, earlier in this thread you said wefare/reparations. Code words. I have an idea of what you stand for and it ain't flyin here. That was the gist of your comment. Judge, do you want to tell me what you meant by that? Sounded like a personal attack.

The Judge
02-01-2009, 01:09 PM
you are no longer even trying , here are your quotes " Maybe you don't pay federal income tax either. Don't know but your argument leads me to believe that. " (post#105 )judge, if you think sales taxes end up the same place as federal income taxes we can't have a debate until you get better educated on the subject (post #86) judge, I don't want blve you are this dense. i don't want to blve but ...(post #93) Pigsimple, and you don't get it and would rather stick to obfuscating and making a spurious argument then thats it. I can't educate the uneducable (post#102).

Pesonal attack is your stock and trade. This is my last reply on this topic.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2009, 01:18 PM
You don't have to worry about personal attacks anymore. As of today, any posts containing personal attacks will be deleted in their entirety.

lamboguy
02-01-2009, 02:44 PM
i don't mind when i get ambushed here, but please don't let them attack my race horses, they kick real hard!

Lefty
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
judge, et al, It wasn't a personal attack but given your position on the matter I though it was fair.I don't thik you did either till dog put a burr under your saddle. I'm not crazy about you inferring i'm a racist either. My invite to suff includes you. If you think i'm a racist, just come and look at my neighbors.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
If you think i'm a racist, just come and look at my neighbors.What does that mean? It could mean anything, including that you can't afford to move.

Can't we get past all of this nonsense?

Lefty
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Not when people call me a racist. I can't afford to move? The neighborhood was minority when I moved in.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Not when people call me a racist. I can't afford to move? The neighborhood was minority when I moved in.I didn't say you couldn't afford to move. But, when you assert that you live in a mixed neighborhood, it could mean many things. It could mean you are enlightened and not a narrow-minded racist, or it could also mean you are a racist but can't afford to move out of the neighborhood, so bringing it up in the first place is pretty meaningless.

That's all I was trying to say. It's like the old "I have black friends" argument. It just sounds so hollow and silly as some sort of comeback against being called a racist.

If someone thinks you are a racist, there isn't much you are able to do to change their mind, especially in this kind of medium. So it's best to just ignore such nonsense.

Lefty
02-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe you think I should ignore it, But i won't. I'll challenge it everytime. And I don't think my statement was as obtuse as you think it is. I chose to move into a black neighborhood, and i think most got that meaning.

wes
02-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Lefty

I Moved to a gay neighborhood. They broke in and re-arrange my furniture.

wes

bigmack
02-02-2009, 10:39 AM
i don't mind when i get ambushed here
Sounds like you're really taking a beating around here. Could you show us one example of your being 'ambushed'?

lamboguy
02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
i don't mind when i get ambushed here, but please don't let them attack my race horses, they kick real hard!

hey bigmack, i don't think you read the whole post, i tried to be a little humerous. i guess i am not that good at that either.

ddog
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
judge, et al, It wasn't a personal attack but given your position on the matter I though it was fair.I don't thik you did either till dog put a burr under your saddle. I'm not crazy about you inferring i'm a racist either. My invite to suff includes you. If you think i'm a racist, just come and look at my neighbors.

lefty,

I don't get under a mans saddle. that's fighting words where I come from , so keep your insults to yourself.

hcap
02-12-2009, 09:37 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18564.html
Read the whole letter. :cool:

A Dear Rush Letter

"Dear Rush,

Congratulations! You have been selected by the Obama administration, the mainstream media and 20 million of your most passionate followers to be the new head of the Republican Party.

As such, you are given all the rights and responsibilities that come with being a true political leader.

Your mission is simple: Restore the Republican Party to its former greatness by single-handedly helping Republicans to regain control of Congress and to offer a reasonable and viable alternative to President Barack Obama.

.....We would also like to see your plan to help Republicans compete in the Northeast, the Upper Midwest, the West Coast and Florida, in the big cities and in the suburbs. Republicans have been pretty much wiped out in all of those areas in the past two elections.

....Sincerely,

The Republican Party

Tom
02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Had they listened to Rush, many would have been elected.
They tried to be moderates, tried to be more like dems, and it got them killed.
His message to the repubs has been correct all along.
They chose to deviate from the conservative principles that use dto win election for them.

hcap
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Delusional. There are very few conservatives left in congress. Many have quit or decided not to seek re-election.

Oh wait, there's always Joe the Plumber!

Bubba X
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
They chose to deviate from the conservative principles that use dto win election for them.
Hard for them to:
1. Claim they're the party of fiscal responsibility. They no longer are. None of them are.
2. Claim they're the party of family values. They lost that voice. How, I don't know.
3. Seems no one cares about guns any more. Or everybody's got a couple of weapons by now?

All that is left is that they are the party of lower taxes and the party against social engineering.

If Obama turns around the economy, the Repubs are ruined for the next 20 years. If Obama fails, we are all ruined.

(and, don't blame me. I volunteer-worked for Romney until he imploded)

Tom
02-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Not if, when.
It is this week, btw.

JustRalph
02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
“God bless these people. What has this government done to them? What has the media in this country done to these people, depriving them of the very essence of humanity? No sense of self, no pride. This is what Democrats and the left do to people. They rob people of their humanity, of their goodness and their decency. They rob them of confidence. We are going to restore this. We are going to use the power of the government to tell people how good they can be, how important they are, and how much happier they will be if they’re not looking to our president for the next kitchen or the car or a job. We’re going to become activists. We’ll take back our government.

It’s going to be a bigger, more powerful, stronger government — and we’re going to turn it against the left in ways they could have never imagined. So, Sue in Virginia Beach, we can’t do any of this if we panic. I know some of you saying, ‘Rush, it all sounds great, but who’s going to do this?’ Well, folks, I admit that you look out on the horizon right now and you don’t see a single person in the political class willing to do this. But before these people on the left get through, there is going to be so much anger and outrage among the people who made this country work, who are now being targeted as the enemies. You who have jobs, you who have played by the rules, you who are not asking anybody for your next kitchen, you’re the enemy — and it isn’t going to be long before the people of this country get fed up enough that they’re going to want to turn the tables on the people who are trying to destroy America as we have always known it…

Let me answer Carol from Spring, Texas, and her question again. She said, ‘You know, I loved that monologue you did, but then I thought, where are the Republicans that are going to engage in this kind of payback?’ Carol, the simple answer is by the time we get to that point, those are the only kind of Republicans that have a chance of getting elected. That is how bad it is going to get. The only Republicans that are going to have a chance of getting elected or reelected are those that are outraged over what has been done to their country, and not only want to fix it, but they want to name names, they want people to know exactly who it was that destroyed the capitalist system for their own personal political gain.”

ddog
02-12-2009, 12:50 PM
"It’s going to be a bigger, more powerful, stronger government — and we’re going to turn it against the left in ways they could have never imagined."

I don't have any words to describe this sentiment being spewed from a "conservative?".

Yes, bama has a much bigger ,more powerful gvt thanks to Clinton/Bush and their ilk to turn on the right now.

So, unless the whole deal collapses , sadly not in the cards for the next 4 years, then the next guy , if a "conservative" can run against the bigger gvt and then once in office as Bush did turn it against the enemy.

Well, if this is the goal then you guys and bama and whoever can fight over it until the last Turn comes and then you wake up (maybe) and find out there isn't anything of the country left worth turning to or against.

it's a very dangerous and wholly un american idea to seed but that's Oberführer Rushy now i guess .

Heil Rushbo Heil Ditto Heil True Amerikans .

hcap
02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Utter bullshit. Ralph do yourself a favor and follow your wise policy ignoring WorldNutDaily. Apply it to this man.
This is what Democrats and the left do to people. They rob people of their humanity, of their goodness and their decency. They rob them of confidence. We are going to restore this. We are going to use the power of the government to tell people how good they can be, how important they are, and how much happier they will be if they’re not looking to our president for the next kitchen or the car or a job. We’re going to become activists. We’ll take back our government.The day the repugs use the "power of the the government" to do anything, is the day they learn to govern. The last repug to have any personality was Reagan. I think you guys will have to learn re-animation. Sarah Palin or JTP won't do it for you. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, get Limpbag to run for prez. Now that will be a real gift that should last till the end of the century :lol: :lol:

Lefty
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
wow, you libs really "sweat" Rush Don'tcha? From Obama down you little pipples.
dog, less than 2 yrs, not 4. We'll retake the House just like we did from Clinton. Clinton rolled with the punches and took credit for the things that the repubCongress enacted. I don't think Obama is as pliable.

PaceAdvantage
02-13-2009, 03:37 AM
"It’s going to be a bigger, more powerful, stronger government — and we’re going to turn it against the left in ways they could have never imagined."

I don't have any words to describe this sentiment being spewed from a "conservative?".I'm no big Rush fan, but I have to think you're reading his comment incorrectly. Rush isn't saying conservatives or Republicans are going to build a bigger, more powerful and stronger government to turn against the left. I believe he is saying Republicans are going to turn the LEFT-MADE bigger, more powerful, stronger government against its creator.

Of course, I could be wrong, and according to ddog, always am...so...whatever.

ddog
02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm no big Rush fan, but I have to think you're reading his comment incorrectly. Rush isn't saying conservatives or Republicans are going to build a bigger, more powerful and stronger government to turn against the left. I believe he is saying Republicans are going to turn the LEFT-MADE bigger, more powerful, stronger government against its creator.

Of course, I could be wrong, and according to ddog, always am...so...whatever.

Yes that is exactly how i read it.

AND, where I was comng from is that the last several admis plus congress have all done nothing but increase the size and scope and control of the gvt.

I am saying that a "conservative" as I define it , would not wish to have or USE a bigger gvt against another citizen even if he hates that citizen or their ideas.

Instead he would want to decrease the size and thus the cost knowing that a "conservative" set of ideals will win out if the gvt is kept to the smallest size and scope.

So, I don't know that you are wrong , but that's what I was trying to say and I don't get that from a threat to use a big gvt as opposed to doing away with same?

ddog
02-13-2009, 09:51 AM
wow, you libs really "sweat" Rush Don'tcha? From Obama down you little pipples.
dog, less than 2 yrs, not 4. We'll retake the House just like we did from Clinton. Clinton rolled with the punches and took credit for the things that the repubCongress enacted. I don't think Obama is as pliable.

lefty - when i say "the whole thing won't collapse in the next 4 years sadly"

it's got nothing to do with which of the morally corrupt traitors manage to buy your vote next time.

I am working/hoping for far bigger games than that.

for starters : think Operation Wetback on steroids, just for starters!

rushy , is just pablum for the gullible.kinda like a stress relief valve.
He can't/won't say what me and some others are after on the air.
the sheep couldn't take it yet.

JustRalph
02-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Inside Rush's jet

http://download.premiereradio.net/guest/rushlimb/gallery/EIB1/RushG550.html

Ned Locke
02-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Here you have it.

This perfectly illustrates what has gone wrong with the Republicon Party.

Here, you have reference, As Authority, to an admitted hypocrite on drug abuse and racism. This man couldn't last two weeks on the National Airwaves where standards of decency and truthfullness apply. (The McNabb/ESPN incident) Only in the vacuum of clandestine hate radio can opinions like his be harboured and be voiced without challenge.

He indeed may be the spokesman for a political "theory" that is in the early stages of being repudiated. But if he is, all the better, all the quicker we'll be done with it.

he nails down exactly what is wrong with the Republican party today and why it lost the 2008 election. I don't listen to Limbaugh at all on the radio, but I do watch Fox from time to time and caught his interview with Hannity....

If you're so inclined, fast-forward to the 2:00 mark of the following video:

y-RVRcumIUA

Tom
02-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Ned, suppose you take the entire quotes from Rush back then and specifically point out any racist remarks in it. Try real hard, because you obviously have no clue what he said or what context it said in. You are just another parrot.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaak! Ned want a cracker? Waaaaaaaaak!!!

JustRalph
02-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Here you have it.

Here, you have reference, As Authority, to an admitted hypocrite on drug abuse and racism. This man couldn't last two weeks on the National Airwaves where standards of decency and truthfullness apply. (The McNabb/ESPN incident) Only in the vacuum of clandestine hate radio can opinions like his be harboured and be voiced without challenge.

He indeed may be the spokesman for a political "theory" that is in the early stages of being repudiated. But if he is, all the better, all the quicker we'll be done with it.

Rush has 400 million reasons why you are full of it.............

ArlJim78
02-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Here you have it.

speaking of the vacuum of clandestine hate radio, what ever happened to Air America?

Steve 'StatMan'
02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
speaking of the vacuum of clandestine hate radio, what ever happened to Air America?

Mission Accomplished.

ArlJim78
02-14-2009, 06:32 PM
my favorite liberal democrat Camille Paglia, absolutely blasts the move towards a fairness doctrine in this audio clip. i wish all the folks who claim that there is no media bias, that they've never seen any bias in the media, would take a listen to this big time liberal who is frankly always quite honest. I like her because she is never afraid to speak the truth, even when it means that her side is bonkers.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=279483

Ned Locke
02-14-2009, 06:49 PM
400 million what? Dollars? Maybe. As P.T. Barnum stated: "Theres a sucker born every minute...we call them Republicons."

But as someone else said: "You can't fool all of the people all of the time." But even our Republicons "is" learnin because there are substantially fewer of them.

And giving Dubya Bush his due, in his most memorable statement he told us:
"Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice......Don't get fooled again." And we haven't. We don't elect Republicons no more.

If you were thinking Drugs Limpbaugh (oxycontin and viagra are his cup runneth over medications of choice) has that many zealot listeners. My responses are:

1.) You're not in tune with U.S. demographics, which matter little for this silly exchange, but matter lots for the next general election in places like Texas and Georgia;

2.) The Republicons sabotaged the economy so badly that too many folks are home listening to hate radio because they don't have meaningful jobs; or

3.) Theres far too great a monopolization of the Public Radio Franchise and decent programming has been intentionally omitted. (This is something that will shortly change however.)

Its altogether fitting and proper that Drugs Limpbaugh is the leader of what remains of the Republicon Party. Reasonable people chuckle at it.

Rush has 400 million reasons why you are full of it.............

JustRalph
02-14-2009, 06:52 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121504302144124805.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

http://online.wsj.com/img/wsj_print.gif

Clear Channel, Limbaugh Ink $400 Million New Contract

Clear Channel, Limbaugh Ink $400 Million New Contract
By SARAH MCBRIDE

Conservative radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh Wednesday inked an eight-year contract for around $400 million, underscoring how radio is spending big sums on bankable talent to compete in the crowded entertainment field.

Mr. Limbaugh's compensation of $38 million a year, plus a signing bonus of about $100 million is less in absolute terms than the five-year, $500 million contract Howard Stern cut in 2004 with Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. But Mr. Limbaugh's contract could net him more, as Mr. Stern must pay costs for his cast and production.

more at the link

jballscalls
02-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Congrats to Rush, thats a sweet deal!!

Lefty
02-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Ned, Rush got it cause he's worth it. He brings in millions of listeners and that attracts sponsers. It capitalism at its best. Rush is everything that's right with the party and the so called moderates in the party is what's wrong. We'll have a strong conservative candidate in '12. By then most of you should be sick of the Socialist Party by then.

Lefty
02-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Btw, why do you think it was Bush and the R's that sunk the economy. Point out your reasons for thinking that.

lamboguy
02-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Btw, why do you think it was Bush and the R's that sunk the economy. Point out your reasons for thinking that.

if you don't mind i can easily explain that one. bush allowed the bankers to turn this country into a raked poker game, where the guy that was dealing the cards got all the money.

in short, he didn't cause the problem, he just allowed it to happen.

Marshall Bennett
02-14-2009, 09:20 PM
if you don't mind i can easily explain that one. bush allowed the bankers to turn this country into a raked poker game, where the guy that was dealing the cards got all the money.

in short, he didn't cause the problem, he just allowed it to happen.
What was Bush suppose to do , put restrictions on the banking system ? Let the government decide who gets a loan and who doesn't ? Allow the government to be the financial institution ? Thats exactly what this current administration is striving for . Thats bullshit and it doesn't work .

lamboguy
02-14-2009, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=Marshall Bennett]What was Bush suppose to do , put restrictions on the banking system ? Let the government decide who gets a loan and who doesn't ? Allow the government to be the financial institution ? Thats exactly what this current administration is striving for . Thats bullshit and it doesn't work .[/QUOTE

this all happened during his watch. do you mean to tell me he was to stupid to see this coming? you don't think his people warned him of the potentials of what these banks were doing? he was warned, he watched, and if anything he gave them all the help to ruin this place.

i am not saying the guy we have running the show now is any better, a matter of fact in my opinion he is 10 times worse after less than 3 weeks. i honestly never thought that was possible, but then again i thought that mccain was a led pipe cinch.

Tom
02-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Riddle me this: who is getting more stuff wrong that OBama this month?
Why, Ringmaster Ned, of course......a three ring circus of ignorance, complete with Chuckles the Clown. :lol::lol::lol:

Lefty
02-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Sean Hannity played the clips. It was the dims that didn't want the Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac rules changed. They argued that Bush was simply against poor people getting homes. Franklin Raines was head of one of the enities and one dim said this was the political lynching of Raines. Dodd, Frank and Obama got big contributions from these enities. Bush had a razor thin majority and though he tried several times, couldn't get the rules changed.
The same dims that caused the mess now propose to fix it with a big spending plan. They don't care about fixing the problem. They only care about advancing thei socialist agenda. This so called stimulus plan does just that.

lamboguy
02-14-2009, 10:21 PM
there is no arguement here that the current regime is hazardous to everyone's health. but make no mistake about it, just because they are bad news doesn't give bush a gold star because he was less bad news.

boxcar
02-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Sean Hannity played the clips. It was the dims that didn't want the Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac rules changed. They argued that Bush was simply against poor people getting homes. Franklin Raines was head of one of the enities and one dim said this was the political lynching of Raines. Dodd, Frank and Obama got big contributions from these enities. Bush had a razor thin majority and though he tried several times, couldn't get the rules changed.
The same dims that caused the mess now propose to fix it with a big spending plan. They don't care about fixing the problem. They only care about advancing thei socialist agenda. This so called stimulus plan does just that.

Exactly right! The only thing the stimulus bill is going to stimulate is Big Gov. It's not going to do a thing for the private sector.

Boxcar

lamboguy
02-14-2009, 11:31 PM
who was the geneous to come up with this plan to bail out the financial institutions?

i recently responded to a mailing from the chase bank for a balance transfer for 0% interest as long as i agree to pay $199 servivice fee. i agreed and there was no mention of an annual fee. so i went along with the program. today i got my bill and it included a $120 annual fee in it, of which i am getting charged interest. i called the customer service they told me things change!

just wonder why we have to bail these guys out to begin with, they will steal the fillings out of your teeth while you are in bed sleeping.

lamboguy
02-15-2009, 12:23 AM
you know now that i think about it this whole mess started during the clinton administration. right when they started "the contract with america" there was a senator his name was phil graham, i am not sure whether he was a democrat or a republican, it really doesn't matter because by now we know they are both just as bad as each other. mr. graham fought long and hard for bank deregulation. he told the united states senate and i quote "some people look at sub-prime lending and see evil. i see sub-prime lending and i see the american dream in action."

between 1989 and 2002 mr. graham was the top recipeint of campagn contributions from the top 5 comercial banks and financial institutions on wall street.

he got paid off after he got booted out of washington by becoming an investment banker for UBS

we finally found out where that fine mans heart was at!!

thanks mr. phil graham for the mess we are now in

Lefty
02-15-2009, 02:38 AM
lamby, you keep blaming the wrong guys. It was Carter's mess, then Clinton doubled it. And for a long time dims in charge of finance committees and Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac. They got big bucks from these 2 enities. So did Obama.

lamboguy
02-15-2009, 05:14 AM
lamby, you keep blaming the wrong guys. It was Carter's mess, then Clinton doubled it. And for a long time dims in charge of finance committees and Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac. They got big bucks from these 2 enities. So did Obama.

mmm, thanks for the enlighting! i must be missing the whole concept. its always the democrat's fault when the repubicans decide to steal your money and ruin this nation.

to tell you the truth i alway's thought they were both bad, i must have been sleeping for a long long time.

jballscalls
02-15-2009, 10:57 AM
\ its always the democrat's fault

You've encapsulated 90% of the posts here in off topic in just this little tiny phrase!!

The Judge
02-15-2009, 11:13 AM
have control of Congress and the White House (not to mention the Supreme Court,Attorney General,the Army,Navy,Air Force,and Marines.) Left us broke and in more debt. Came in with a surplus and left with us holding the bag for the mega-rich.

How do still lose with a deck stacked so much in your favor.

Oh yeah Rush says next time let him deal. To get the cards he should run for office,after all the public loves him.

Lefty
02-15-2009, 11:42 AM
judge, R's had a tiny majority for 6 yrs. The last 2 the dims held the congress. You guys should hear all those audio clips where the dims defended the Fannie Mae Freddy Mac mess. Problem with you guys. you refuse to blame your old eyes and ears. Raines took 90 mil out of one of these over 6 yrs. Then he shows up as an Obama advisor, but when it was brght to light, all of a sudden he isn't an advisor anymore.
Dodd, Frank and obama got big big contributions from these enities.
You better face facts. In the so called stimulas bill ACORN(remember them) gets 4 billion. Unions get several Billiion. Some stimulas, eh what?

Floyd
02-15-2009, 12:17 PM
You better face facts. In the so called stimulas bill ACORN(remember them) gets 4 billion. Some stimulas, eh what?
Face facts? That's not a "fact" by any definition of the term. ACORN has stated that they aren't eligible for funding under the Stimulus Bill, and there is no mention of ACORN anywhere in the bill. Now you're just making this stuff up.

The Judge
02-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Excuses,excuses here is what was said at the time by Republican leaders not liberal Democrats. They had enough votes according to themselves,to move the Repuplican agenda and they did just that.

Bigger Republican Majority Plans to Push Bush Agenda
By CARL HULSE

Published: January 2, 2005

WASHINGTON, Jan. 1 - A more Republican and more conservative Congress convenes on Tuesday, with Republicans intending to use their greater strength in the House and Senate to help President Bush pursue a second-term agenda of major changes in bedrock programs like Social Security and income taxes.

"This is going to probably be the most productive two years of our Republican majority," said Tom DeLay of Texas, the House majority leader. "It's not just Social Security and tax reform, it's tort reform, regulatory reform, restraining spending, redesigning the House, redesigning the government."

Karl Rove,Dick Cheney and Delay took no prisoners,they were firmly in control of the nation and the votes. If you didn't bow-down you were Un-American. So the spineless Democracts voted with them. They got whatever they wanted and what they wanted was no rules for the mega-rich and thats what they got.

You have been handed the bill by George Bush who you say is now a Democract or Democrats made the Repubicans do it. It's hard to keep track all I know is its always someone elses fault. Razor thin indeed.

Tom
02-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Face facts? That's not a "fact" by any definition of the term. ACORN has stated that they aren't eligible for funding under the Stimulus Bill, and there is no mention of ACORN anywhere in the bill. Now you're just making this stuff up.

How do you know?
Have you read it?
Oh, wait, NO ONE has read it.
Largest pork bill in history and NO ONE has read it.

And you guys are proud it was passed! :lol:

http://www.phoenixvillenews.com/articles/2009/02/14/opinion/srv0000004700959.txt

jballscalls
02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
How do you know?
Have you read it?

http://www.phoenixvillenews.com/articles/2009/02/14/opinion/srv0000004700959.txt

what's longer War and Peace or Porkapalooza?? By the way, both are available in the barns and noble discount section.

Secretariat
02-15-2009, 03:22 PM
How do you know?
Have you read it?

I have to laugh. We now have Republican Congressman who voted against the bill now boasting about things that it brings to their state.

“… Don Young, R-Alaska, also had nice things to say in a press release. Young boasted that he “won a victory for the Alaska Native contracting program and other Alaska small business owners last night in H.R. 1, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.” …

It;'s also quite interesting that most Repulbican Governors highly favor the stimulus bill. Looks like Palin's already in line waiting for her payout.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i7-R1kzxgbD531An5glFlllGZVvAD962B5480

GOP governors press Congress to pass stimulus bill
By BETH FOUHY – Jan 31, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) — Most Republican governors have broken with their GOP colleagues in Congress and are pushing for passage of President Barack Obama's economic aid plan that would send billions to states for education, public works and health care.

Their state treasuries drained by the financial crisis, governors would welcome the money from Capitol Hill, where GOP lawmakers are more skeptical of Obama's spending priorities.

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, planned to meet in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state's share of the package."

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Show Me the Wire
02-15-2009, 03:30 PM
there is no arguement here that the current regime is hazardous to everyone's health. but make no mistake about it, just because they are bad news doesn't give bush a gold star because he was less bad news.

The complaint is about the duplicity of the liberal/progressive left's treatment of President Bush.

To them everything Bush -bad and everything Obama = good, when factually Obama does the exact or similar actions as President Bush.

It is the duplicity, we are, at least I am, we find tiring. President Bush may not have been a genious, and the current occupant of the Oval office is not one either.

Tom
02-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Some people never let a fact get in the way.

lamboguy
02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
The complaint is about the duplicity of the liberal/progressive left's treatment of President Bush.

To them everything Bush -bad and everything Obama = good, when factually Obama does the exact or similar actions as President Bush.

It is the duplicity, we are, at least I am, we find tiring. President Bush may not have been a genious, and the current occupant of the Oval office is not one either.

actually you will find most republicans love obama, he is a spitting image of bush, but more far out.

Tom
02-15-2009, 05:03 PM
See what I mean?

lamboguy
02-15-2009, 05:06 PM
See what I mean?

i can see it tom

Lefty
02-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Bush invoked policies that kept us safe for all these yrs since 9-11. Obama will destroy those very same policies. That's a big difference don'tcha think?

lamboguy
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
my dream in life has alway's been $2 and tomorrow's newspaper today!

seems like i have now found my dream

witchdoctor
02-15-2009, 09:17 PM
my dream in life has alway's been $2 and tomorrow's newspaper today!

I have the same dream. :ThmbUp:

Lefty
02-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Be careful what you wish for. There was such a story. In the story things were going swimmingly until the protagonist found his name in the obituaries.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2009, 12:59 AM
You've encapsulated 90% of the posts here in off topic in just this little tiny phrase!!Oh brother...not again...

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Are people actually so delusional that they believe America will elect nothing but Democrats for the next 500 years? :lol:

I mean, seriously guys...this is all shtick, right?

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Oh, and it finally hit me that Ned Locke is one of Suff's claimed many aliases on this board.

If not, it's a damn good impersonation at any rate.

JustRalph
02-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Oh, and it finally hit me that Ned Locke is one of Suff's claimed many aliases on this board.

Perfect name. One of Bozo's assistant Clowns

lsbets
02-16-2009, 11:28 AM

Did you get that through a FOIA request?

delayjf
02-16-2009, 11:38 AM
this all happened during his watch. do you mean to tell me he was to stupid to see this coming? you don't think his people warned him of the potentials of what these banks were doing? he was warned, he watched, and if anything he gave them all the help to ruin this place.

they warned him??? WHO warned him?? Even Allen Greenspan said he didn't see it coming - Did Woodward right another book?? What did I miss??

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2009, 02:24 AM
Perfect name. One of Bozo's assistant ClownsThat was dumb of me...to think it was Suff...it's not Suff...I should have known from the IP...it must be Chuckles reincarnated...and this time he's graduated from dial-up....:lol:

Tom
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I had him pegged Post #2........with that name it had to be. :D