PDA

View Full Version : Bo can't dance.

Grits
01-20-2009, 10:11 PM
On the lighter side.

Guys, an hour or so ago, I watched he and the first lady step onto the dance floor. First dance of the night at one of the many balls around the city this evening.

He can't dance. Your new President cannot dance a lick.

Miserable slow dancer. No style, no moves. I mean zip. I'd be embarrassed.

I felt ok about all this up to now. But if you can't move, and lead, one woman on a dance floor--how in the hell are you gonna do a good job leading the rest of us, the free world and all that. How am I gonna trust you on everything else?

And of all things, one of my favorite songs, a decades old blues ballad, At Last by Etta James. A drop dead fantastic song.

He needs to skip the other balls, go on back to the house, go on to bed. That way, he'll be rested for the first day on his new job.

Lord, what a hoot. Black guy, and he can't dance.:faint::lol: :faint:

JustRalph
01-20-2009, 11:16 PM
you're kidding right? I been watching him Tap dance around Jerimiah Wright for the last year

HUSKER55
01-21-2009, 12:09 AM
MAYbe he can't dance but he knows how to skate:lol:

dav4463
01-22-2009, 12:25 AM
It's his white half that can't dance!

Tom
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
You be the judge, can this wild Irishman dance?
idjRgmLllls

toetoe
01-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Dav,

Oh no you DINNIT. :faint: .

At Last was composed by Mr. Harry Warren circa 1940 (?), maybe in tandem with a lyricist. I much prefer Etta James on Tell Mama. :jump: .

Grits
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Dav,

Oh no you DINNIT. :faint: .

At Last was composed by Mr. Harry Warren circa 1940 (?), maybe in tandem with a lyricist. I much prefer Etta James on Tell Mama. :jump: .

Oh but Toe, Etta's the one who really nailed it in the early 60s. This woman's career spans 50+ years and she's got more blues in her little finger than you or I would find in an entire classroom full of students at Julliard. And in Beyonce Knowles too, I might add, though, she did a fine job with the song Tuesday night.

Etta's done others that I love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahob4g7Aw58&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxrIk16svQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOXf3ixnVy4&feature=related

And more than likely I'd love these regardless who was doing them. As my longtime jazz, swing, blues, pop, and country musician/pianist friend whose been playing gigs in bars and saloons, etc, since before he was old enough to walk in the front door has always stated, "material is material. And the good--lasts many lifetimes.

It always will. I guess that's why they're called standards and classics.

Don't get me started on music, I'd be here for days on end--music being my next best friend.;)

toetoe
01-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I did not know that that was the number performed by Bed, Bath & Beyonce at the function (at the Junction ? ... :p ). I managed to miss that installment of America's Got Mediocrity Down Pat. Well, it couldn't be worse than anything by Bruce Springscreak, Boner & U-2, Tom Hanks (:Scratching head.), Cheryl Crow, Garth Brooks, Usher or ... say, where was Sinbad when he was really needed ? :D .

Regards,

Short E. Long

DJofSD
01-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Where's Kenny when you need him?

Valuist
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Can any guy dance without looking foolish? Any straight one?

DJofSD
01-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Fred Astaire? Gene Kelly? Michael Jackson? John Tavolta?

Valuist
01-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Fred Astaire? Gene Kelly? Michael Jackson? John Tavolta?

I don't think I'd include Michael Jackson in the category of straight males

Rookies
01-22-2009, 09:14 PM
you're kidding right? I been watching him Tap dance around Jerimiah Wright for the last year:lol:

Now, THAT was funny !

Actually, talk shows commented that at least one of the balls, quite a sexy performance ! ( NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW !! ;) )

Other comment...

Did they the first night ? YOU BETCHA ! :D

JustRalph
01-22-2009, 09:39 PM
:lol:

Now, THAT was funny !

I'm glad somebody liked it............... :ThmbUp:

Tom
01-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Oh but Toe, Etta's the one who really nailed it in the early 60s.
;)

Hey Grits, what are the only three things on Earth that can be seen from outer space?

Grand Canyon
Great Wall of China
Ella's hat

:lol:

Grits
01-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Damn Tom, Ella (as in Fitzgerald) has been dead for decades, honey, she wasn't on the platform singing on Tuesday, I know you mean ARETHA'S HAT?

If you do, that was the ugliest damn hat I've ever seen on a woman in my life.

And on another note, we may need another do over, as a friend reminded me:

"Somebody needs to tell Diane Feinstein that the song's title AIN'T, "My Country Tis Of Thee."

The song's title is . . . . America

Tom
01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Dead, huh?
Guess that means it was Memorex! :lol:

JustRalph
01-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Why would anybody want to sing it again after this one

ghz4_kikLkE

JustRalph
02-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Etta James is not happy............with Beyonce or Obama

http://bunnywithfangs.com/2009/02/etta-james-wants-to-kill-beyonce/

Etta told the audience, “You know, YOUR President, the one with the big ears-he ain’t my President�?”had that woman singing for him at his Inauguration. She’s going to get her ass whooped. How dare Beyonce sing MY song that I been singing forever. Now I’m going to sing it for y’all….�??

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2009, 12:13 AM
What goes around comes around I guess...all those musicians who bitched and moaned when McCain would play one of their songs at one of his functions...