PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought!

Snag
01-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Maybe, just maybe, there needs to be an official review of the tape to be sure BO was really sworn in based on the official words required. The Chief Justice messed it up and BO tried to correct the mistake, but did he?

I've already heard that some folks are saying the swearing in was not official. Congress needs to act quickly!

What say you? ;)

Marshall Bennett
01-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I think he ought to be stripped of his title !! :lol:

Rookies
01-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I think he ought to be stripped of his title !! :lol:

He does... THE CHIEF JUSTICE ! :lol:

Greyfox
01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Obama was officially the President at 12 noon EST, eventhough the oath had not been administered yet. He was empowered at that time to make major decisions had any been required.

hcap
01-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Maybe we can see if the birth certificate is real.
That is Chief Justice Roberts'. How do we know. Did he produce it. Post it?
Who knows fer sure? Maybe WorldNutDaily can check it out :cool:

Tom
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
He is not a citizen and he is not the president.

hcap
01-21-2009, 07:19 AM
The Obama BC issue is done with.
I was asking about the Chief Justice's Birth certificate.
Maybe you should let Rockey read posts and advise you.
You evidently do not read beyond 4th grade level comprehension.

Anyway, have you seen the long form BC of the Chief Justice?

cj's dad
01-21-2009, 07:25 AM
There was a news report this AM that the oath "should" be re-administered for the sake of legality.

Appears the old chap is not such a great orator without a teleprompter in front of him.

hcap
01-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Appears the old chap is not such a great orator without a teleprompter in front of him.Yeah maybe bush can give him some pointers
Now there was a great orator!!!:cool:

delayjf
01-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Now there was a great orator!!!
Indeed the true and only measure of a man or a leader is his abilility to speak and give their listeners a warm and fuzzy. The Demwits will take style over substance everytime.

hcap
01-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Indeed the true and only measure of a man or a leader is his abilility to speak and give their listeners a warm and fuzzy. The Demwits will take style over substance everytime.The Last 8 years was at best substance challenged. Good to see the Dickster in a cool black wheelchair. He finally came out of the closet.

A true James Bond super villain.

Overlay
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM
I heard on the news this afternoon that a number of Constitutional scholars are saying that Obama and the Chief Justice need to have a do-over on the oath, just to make sure that Obama's status as President is fully compliant with the Constitution. (I assume that it could be done in private with witnesses, as opposed to having another public ceremony.)

If the oath needs to be re-done, I suppose that would also call into question the legality of any official actions (executive orders, and so forth) that Obama takes prior to that, or would require him to do them again after the oath is re-administered.

Sailwolf
01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
He is not a citizen and he is not the president.

Based on what?

Sailwolf
01-21-2009, 08:09 PM
additional information.http://www.electoral-vote.com/icon.html?

Tom
01-21-2009, 09:46 PM
He is not a citizen and he is not president. :lol:

hcap
01-21-2009, 09:53 PM
He is not a citizen and he is not president. :lol:
31.000 posts of which 5,000 are the above.
What happens when you hit 50,000?
Next week some time?
Or 500,000,000 during Obamas' second term?:lol:

Tom
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM
You are in denial.
And leave my sister alone.

hcap
01-21-2009, 10:26 PM
You are in denial.
And leave my sister alone.

Tom just because you crudely painted peace signs on yourself and poor soul of a derelict friend, you are still not qualified as full fledged hippies.
Maybe if you say nice things about Barack and sing a couple bars of "Kumbaya", we will let you and your pall march-next time :lol: :cool:

Overlay
01-22-2009, 06:30 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28780417/

Obama retook the oath from the Chief Justice in a private do-over in the White House, so that issue appears to be settled.

JustRalph
01-22-2009, 05:27 PM

Obama retook the oath from the Chief Justice in a private do-over in the White House, so that issue appears to be settled.

funny they didn't use a bible..........how do you swear an oath without a Bible? I guess he "affirmed" the oath

Overlay
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
I was thinking about that, too, but then I recalled multiple occasions when I've participated in group administrations of the oath that is required of all civilian employees of the Department of Defense (and, I believe, other departments of the Executive branch as well), which contains the words "I swear" and "so help me God", and where it would have been impractical for each person to be holding or swearing on a Bible. It's a nice ceremonial touch, but I don't think it has a bearing on the legality or the binding nature of the oath.

This link contains the various oaths that different government officials/employees and new naturalized citizens take:

http://www.conservativeusa.org/oathsofoffice.htm

Overlay
01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
As side notes (from the web):

Theodore Roosevelt did not use a Bible when taking the oath in 1901. John Quincy Adams swore on a book of law. Lyndon B. Johnson was sworn in on a Roman Catholic missal on Air Force One.

Snag
01-22-2009, 07:26 PM

Does anyone but me wish for a "vote" do-over?

Tom
01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
funny they didn't use a bible..........how do you swear an oath without a Bible? I guess he "affirmed" the oath

It's like Air Force One...whatever plane the Prez is on is AF1. With Osama, uh, Obama, anything the Messiah touches is a bible.

Boris
01-22-2009, 10:46 PM
It's like Air Force One...whatever plane the Prez is on is AF1. With Osama, uh, Obama, anything the Messiah touches is a bible.

Give the guy a break. This is the first time he has ever been in charge of anything.

Tom
01-22-2009, 11:32 PM
I guess there is a learning curve for Imams.