PDA

View Full Version : Dropping like flies at lunch?

Tom
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Local radio reporting possibility that Sen. Kennedy and Sen Byrd were both taken out of the luncheon on stretchers? Anyone heard anything?

Horsefan
01-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Too much of the Obama Kool Aid.

Grits
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Damn, you guys are tough. You'd laugh at anything. I swear to God some of you would.

Senator Kennedy, as you know has a brain tumor. He's had a seizure, and when taken from the dining room, he was STILL seizing, all the way down the hall to the doctor's office. He may not be long for this world, so maybe, just maybe, cut the man a little slack.

Senator Byrd, his longtime friend, and who as you know is very old, became distraught over Kennedy's problem at that moment, and was taken from the luncheon as well.

Some of you guys need to give it a rest. It'll be you one day.

Horsefan
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
My thoughts and prayers ARE with the liberal lion Ted Kennedy.
But when I look back on this inaguration I will remember that it was one of the most massive Kool Aid drinking ceremonies ever. And the biggest get together of Porta Potties as well . . . there must be some message there . . .

Kool Aid drinking, Porta Potties and Ted are separate issues.

ArlJim78
01-20-2009, 04:55 PM
i also felt ill listening to those speeches, and I didn't drink the kool-aid.

Marshall Bennett
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Noticed Obama had trouble repeating the words as he was sworn in . Perhaps they should have used cue cards . Btw , Michelle has to be the most bow-legged first lady in the nation's history . :lol:

Grits
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
MB, I believe you're incorrect here and you may wanna go back to the replay.

Your Chief Justice blew the oath. Justice Roberts didn't properly deliver the oath's lines, though it was obvious Mr.Obama, had memorized the oath. The mistake was the Chief Justice's, who, later, apologized at the luncheon.
Noticed Obama had trouble repeating the words as he was sworn in . Perhaps they should have used cue cards . Btw , Michelle has to be the most bow-legged first lady in the nation's history . :lol:

Tom
01-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Your Chief Justice blew the oath. Justice Roberts didn't properly deliver the oath's lines, though it was obvious Mr.Obama, had memorized the oath. The mistake was the Chief Justice's, who, later, apologized at the luncheon.

Grits, did you mean to say the "oaf's" lines? :lol:

cj's dad
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Local radio reporting possibility that Sen. Kennedy and Sen Byrd were both taken out of the luncheon on stretchers? Anyone heard anything?

Now there's a daily double !!

Grits
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
You are damn rotten to the core. LOLGrits, did you mean to say the "oaf's" lines? :lol:

slotterhaus
01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
What were they serving? Peanut butter.

Ted, I can understand but maybe Byrd just realized Obama was black.

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Damn, you guys are tough. You'd laugh at anything. I swear to God some of you would.I never laugh when I think about Mary Jo.

Grits
01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Nor do I. I'm not prone to laughter when anyone's dying.I never laugh when I think about Mary Jo.

JustRalph
01-20-2009, 08:07 PM
That seizure is a bad sign....for Teddy. ..... take my word for it.

From experience.............

Rookies
01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
What were they serving? Peanut butter.

Ted, I can understand but maybe Byrd just realized Obama was black.

Where's the "Fried Chicken, Watermelon & Grits ... or whatever THOSE people eat " line ?

When's that coming ?

Greyfox
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Where's the "Fried Chicken, Watermelon & Grits ... or whatever THOSE people eat " line ?

When's that coming ?

That's coming when Fuzzy Zoeller joins this forum.

Rookies
01-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Don't be too certain about that Grey Fox. Some here are right in the sewer trolling with the Fuzz-ster...

slotterhaus
01-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't be too certain about that Grey Fox. Some here are right in the sewer trolling with the Fuzz-ster...
Peanut butter=salmonella outbreak...maybe you've heard about it up there...Byrd comment=bit of a jab at the very Senior Senator from West Virginia and his previous stint as Exalted Cyclops in the KKK....Fuzzy allusion=your delusion....

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2009, 01:21 AM

When's that coming ?I guess you're not too familiar with the "distinguished" Democratic senator Byrd's storied past....:lol:

You folks will jump at any chance to use the race card, even when it backfires.

cj's dad
01-21-2009, 07:22 AM

When's that coming ?

I find it strange that you should be the one to initiate the line.

Create racism where none exists- related to Jesse, are you??

toetoe
01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
If ... ah say, ah say IF I thought I could get away with it, I would speculate that the culprit might be the Seizure Salad.

cj's dad
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
If ... ah say, ah say IF I thought I could get away with it, I would speculate that the culprit might be the Seizure Salad.

Or maybe Teddy was just trying to drown his sorrows.
:lol:

GaryG
01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
The headline if Teddy had passed on:

Obama's bash upstaged by a Dead Kennedy.

JustRalph
01-22-2009, 05:14 PM
The headline if Teddy had passed on:

Obama's bash upstaged by a Dead Kennedy.

Is that Band still around?

cj's dad
01-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Is that Band still around?

This stuff is just too funny - RIP Teddy boy :p

DJofSD
01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Damn, you guys are tough. You'd laugh at anything. I swear to God some of you would.

Senator Kennedy, as you know has a brain tumor. He's had a seizure, and when taken from the dining room, he was STILL seizing, all the way down the hall to the doctor's office. He may not be long for this world, so maybe, just maybe, cut the man a little slack.

Senator Byrd, his longtime friend, and who as you know is very old, became distraught over Kennedy's problem at that moment, and was taken from the luncheon as well.

Some of you guys need to give it a rest. It'll be you one day.What goes around comes around.

Marshall Bennett
01-22-2009, 08:40 PM
What goes around comes around.
... and thats what his secretary was saying as she was going down with his ship .

lsbets
01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I saw a headline:

First African American President Sworn In, Former Klan Leader Faints

:lol: :lol:

DJofSD
01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
... and thats what his secretary was saying as she was going down with his ship .Is that a nautical naughty?

JustRalph
01-22-2009, 09:52 PM
I saw a headline:

now that is good............ :ThmbUp: :lol:

Grits
01-22-2009, 10:44 PM
I saw a headline:

For a SERIOUS topic, or one that at the hour had great concerns. I swear, I'm rolling with laughs at this point.

Guys, think what if Strom had still been alive and been in the room. But then again, he'd be mummified by now standing in the corner. Lord, he was old! I didn't think he'd ever die.

They're propping Byrd up now. Gotta be.

And come to think of it, I haven't had a good Seizure Salad in several weeks. Anchovies and all.