PDA

View Full Version : Good Intentions fail....Schools close, Bio diesel in MN?

JustRalph
01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
http://www.startribune.com/local/south/37689189.html?elr=KArksD:aDyaEP:kD:aUbP:P:Q_V_MPQL a7PYDUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Government regs require bio-diesel.... in MN. Biofuel freezes under 10 degrees.......... :lol: :lol:

sometimes you can't make up a better story.......... :lol:

And some want to turn healthcare over to the Government :bang:

Steve 'StatMan'
01-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow. Dumbasses. Obviously Minnesota gets under 10 degrees quite anywhere near wintertime. Bet they feel real smart now for having listened and agreeing to the people who pushed for this to become a law. I know some use electrtic dipsticks up north, guess they've become the dipsticks.

This from the people who brought this great nation Al Franken as their new U.S. Senator.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
My original response was too angry, and I didn't get the more thoughtful edit in on time. I'll just laugh at the damn fools and hope they learn from this mistake. Or enjoy wasting their fuel and time keeping their engines running all night when it's a mere 10 degrees out - I'm used to doing that when it gets -10 or worse, but not at +10.

Suff
01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you knuckleheads have a life? A job? A brain?

All diesel fuels gel at zero fahrenheit. That is why trucks run continuously in cold weather. Look around a bit before you run your pie holes about shit you know nothing about.

This was a mechanical issue on 50 out of 5000 buses that had the fuel filter fitted to far from the engine.

can you put some more ridiculous :lol::lol: after more of your asinine :16::6:posts?:14::mad::blush::1::2b::bang:

My God man! get away from your computer for a couple of weeks. You a full fledged whack job nit wit.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
So much for my thoughtful rethinking and telling everyone.

Suff
01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
So much for my thoughtful rethinking and telling everyone.

Sorry Steve you were caught in the crossfire so to speak. I apologize I was only intending on insulting the jackass who started this thread.

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Do you knuckleheads have a life? A job? A brain?Yes, yes and yes. Imagine that!

You come off quite questionable though, in all three categories, with this latest post.

What's the matter? Pissed you didn't get the 60?

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry Steve you were caught in the crossfire so to speak. I apologize I was only intending on insulting the jackass who started this thread.You really must stop insulting people who actually contribute to the site. You decided to go away...either stay or go. This hit and run garbage is getting tiresome.

lsbets
01-19-2009, 08:36 PM
You really must stop insulting people who actually contribute to the site. You decided to go away...either stay or go. This hit and run garbage is getting tiresome.

Suff has a habit of running away.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry Steve you were caught in the crossfire so to speak. I apologize I was only intending on insulting the jackass who started this thread.

Thanks Suff.

Admittedly, I've never had a vehicle that has failed to start at Zero degrees because of frozen fuel. Dead battery, yes. Condensation due to tank being too low on fuel, only once. Hopefully no crutial public or private vehichles fail that wouldn't normally fail - but there will be more 10's than 0's.

Enjoy the inaugural. Me, I'm not overly intererested, nor was I when Bush or Clinton nor any past president was sworn in, but that's just me.

dutchboy
01-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Electric dipsticks are to keep the oil warm. They have nothing to do with the fuel. Keeping the buses running has no effect on the biodiesel.

If the biodiesel is mixed wrong for the current temperature the fat separates and clogs the fuel lines or filters. If biodiesel is blended correctly it is not a problem. Problem is that when it gets below a certain temperature you have to mix two different grades of diesel along with a certain amount of fat or bio products.