PDA

View Full Version : TAM 9th, 1/17/09

gillenr
01-17-2009, 09:08 PM
The super paid $51 for $1. Saw that on TV, BRIS & Equibase. Isnt that way low?

TampaJim
01-17-2009, 09:31 PM
The 2nd and 3rd horses were the 2-horse Entry which was the favorite. With a favored entry, there's extra money in the Tri/Super in the 1st and 2nd positions even above what would normally be there just because it's the favorite (the theory being that at least ONE of the two horses is likely to place or win).

Tons of people use ALL in the 4th position especially with the top-3 favorites in 1st-3rd.

2nd-Favorite(2.6/1), Favorite(Entry- 2.2/1), 3rd Fav(4.5/1), ALL has got to be the 2nd most bet combination with ALL in 4th (only beat by Fav/2nd/3rd/ALL)

With that result, $51 actually seems high for a $1 super. Probably quite a few people has (Fav,2nd),(Fav,2nd),(3rd,4th),(ALL) if their handicapping was anything like the publics.... though you could argue that passing the race would be wiser.

slewis
01-18-2009, 12:33 AM
The 2nd and 3rd horses were the 2-horse Entry which was the favorite. With a favored entry, there's extra money in the Tri/Super in the 1st and 2nd positions even above what would normally be there just because it's the favorite (the theory being that at least ONE of the two horses is likely to place or win).

Tons of people use ALL in the 4th position especially with the top-3 favorites in 1st-3rd.

2nd-Favorite(2.6/1), Favorite(Entry- 2.2/1), 3rd Fav(4.5/1), ALL has got to be the 2nd most bet combination with ALL in 4th (only beat by Fav/2nd/3rd/ALL)

With that result, $51 actually seems high for a $1 super. Probably quite a few people has (Fav,2nd),(Fav,2nd),(3rd,4th),(ALL) if their handicapping was anything like the publics.... though you could argue that passing the race would be wiser.

Out of curiousity..... what did you think of the horse that won the 8th race??

TampaJim
01-18-2009, 02:56 AM
I didn't actually play Tampa Saturday, but reviewed the charts when I saw this thread.

As to the 8th, the 3/2 Favorite wouldn't have been my first pick, but he looked to be a reasonable late-pace horse, so at 3/2 I'd have had to have included him, or passed the race since I couldn't exclude him.

Super-wise, this race came in Fav,2nd,4th,Long paying $163 for a $1. A bit over 3 times the other example, but no entry in this case. I'd think that the first example super would have been closer to this amount if the entry was a singleton.

JustRalph
01-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Out of curiousity..... what did you think of the horse that won the 8th race??

i was wondering why no lasix in the 1st two races..........

But I think he looked like a "nice one" especially the way he came back to win............ but then again, you didn't ask me......... :lol:

slewis
01-18-2009, 08:32 AM
TO Tampa Jim and Ralph,

I was actually referring to the time of the 8th race, not the race from a handicaping perspective.

I'd be surprised if the Beyer for the race comes up less than 94.