PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Jan 16

Sea Biscuit
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
A few picks for tonite.

Race 1 #6 Andovers Son with #5 Balanced Spur.

Race 2 #6 Kwik Dial with #7 Gentle Artist with #2 Signal.

Race 3 #6 Canaco Runner. He is 9/2 Ml but should be a hot favorite with that big 154:3 mile

Race 4 #5 Bouncing Hanover fits in here from the 5 hole but I will take a chance with the #10 Angel Of The Ocean at long odds with #7 Hammers Taylors Toy. 10-5-7.

Race 6 #9 Carrot Hanover. Made a big effort on the even paced race by Mighty Me at very long odds. Should win this final with #3 with #4 with #5.

Race 7 #2 Wonderous Grace. Mighty generous of the ML man to give him 6-1 when is dropping in conditoned ranks.If you get 8/5 you should consider yourself lucky with #5 Belka Hanover.

Race 10 #4 Taylor Lane Action with Jodieson aboard. That move up in FM open in last was just to knock off some money to get back in this class.
Best of the night.

Race 11 #7 Fysia. Moves up the conditioned ranks. Went wire to wire in his last in some pretty fast fractions with #6 Western Seduction.

Good Luck all.

Sea Biscuit.

Ray2000
01-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Good start out of the gate, with that first cold exacta. I was watching hockey so I don't know what happened to Kwik Dial. My choice also.

The leaderboard is at
http://meadowlandswinter.123racing.com/Default.htm

but it's not operating right now, don't know why

Good Luck with the rest of your picks

Sea Biscuit
01-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Good start out of the gate, with that first cold exacta. I was watching hockey so I don't know what happened to Kwik Dial. My choice also.

The leaderboard is at
http://meadowlandswinter.123racing.com/Default.htm

but it's not operating right now, don't know why

Good Luck with the rest of your picks

Kwik dial made a break and Gentle Artist won the race as the favourite.

I guess some horses can't take the extreme cold like some of us.

It was -17 deg C tonite i think

Thanks for the above link

SB

LottaKash
01-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I guess some horses can't take the extreme cold like some of us.

SB

It DOES explain a few things Biscuit, some horses will not take in any cold air and produce anything near a good try or win.......It is so hard to remember who's who in that regard...I mark them down and can never find them when I need to know...happens every year, and this year is no exception....I am always meaning to make a spreadsheet or some kind of electronic file on these things, and it still hasn't happened as of yet....Perhaps they were correct when someone coined the phrase "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"....:lol:

best,

Sea Biscuit
01-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Race 1 #6 Andovers Son with #5 Balanced Spur.

Race 1 #6 Won and Paid $4.90 and 6-5 exacta paid a healthy $24.40

Race 2 #6 Kwik Dial with #7 Gentle Artist with #2 Signal.

race 2 #6 Broke and the #7 Gentle Artist won as the favorite

Race 3 #6 Canaco Runner. He is 9/2 Ml but should be a hot favorite with that big 154:3 mile

Race 3 #6 Canaco Runner Was a nose short and came 2nd beaten by a 20-1 London horse. Of all the five neighboring tracks like Windsor, Kawartha Downs, Flamboro Downs, Georgian Downs and Western Fair (Lon), I am beginning to respect horses from London a little bit more than before.

Race 4 #5 Bouncing Hanover fits in here from the 5 hole but I will take a chance with the #10 Angel Of The Ocean at long odds with #7 Hammers Taylors Toy. 10-5-7.

Race 4 Was not even close on this one.

Race 6 #9 Carrot Hanover. Made a big effort on the even paced race by Mighty Me at very long odds. Should win this final with #3 with #4 with #5.

Race 6 #9 Carrot Hanover came 2nd by 1/2 length

Race 7 #2 Wonderous Grace. Mighty generous of the ML man to give him 6-1 when is dropping in conditoned ranks.If you get 8/5 you should consider yourself lucky with #5 Belka Hanover.

Race 7 #2 Wonderous Grace came 2nd beaten by another London longie.

Race 10 #4 Taylor Lane Action with Jodieson aboard. That move up in FM open in last was just to knock off some money to get back in this class.
Best of the night.

Race 10 #4 was 4th

Race 11 #7 Fysia. Moves up the conditioned ranks. Went wire to wire in his last in some pretty fast fractions with #6 Western Seduction.

Race 11 #7 Fysia was 4th and #6 Western Seduction won the race.

Canadian
01-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Shiny Mach should not have been 40-1 in last nights 6th. He's been getting better and racing less green every start.

Sea Biscuit
01-18-2009, 02:48 AM
Shiny Mach should not have been 40-1 in last nights 6th. He's been getting better and racing less green every start.

After all he is son of Mach Three same as SBSW

Sea Biscuit