PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs Selections - Fri. 1/16

JohnnyBatTBD
01-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Prime Wager Results.7-21(33%) -$11.20 (7-3-4) (66% ITM)
Soft Wager Results....8-25(32%) -$4.20 (8-6-0) (56% ITM)

On Thursday, my prime wager, Repenter disappointed as the 3-5 favorite after dueling throughout. My soft wager in the 4th, Brooks Star had to settle for second, but my $2 saver exacta in that race returned $29.80. Among my contenders only selections, there were some near misses with Madame Bling beating 14-1 shot Awesome Play by a nose and foiling my reverse exacta wheel in the 5th and then in the 9th, I had Wekiva Wachee who paid $25.20 on top in my exacta but my two underneath choices finished 3rd and 4th. So it goes...

On Tuesday, Charles Fontana engineered a beauty in the 1st when Tigerglider went to the post as the odds on favorite and was beaten by African Angel (his other entry) at 5-1 and resulting in a $22.80 exacta. Paco Lopez and Daniel Centeno were up. All the signs were there and I missed them, focusing instead on the superiority of Tigerglider. Congratulations Charlie! You never cease to amaze me.

Friday's Selections:

1st - Contenders Only - Jean the Queen (5). Above par in both starts at TAM. Shortens up today. Centeno jumps off the Ness starter to ride the Queen. Wilson is overdue. Aliens Last Strike (7) was flying early at CRC on the grass and demonstrated that early speed on the dirt in November. Could get loose. Trifectas 5,7/5,7/All and DD's 5/7,8,10

2nd - Contenders Only - Sub-par performances from those that have been trying at the distance leaves this one wide open to those who haven't. Scace/RoHo firster tough to leave out, but works do nothing for me. Exacta Box 7,8,10.

3rd - Contenders Only - Princess BG (6). Ziadie wins 56% with layoffs at TAM and works indicate readiness. With exception of last two, always at or near par (64). RoHo is up. Waiting for Tonight (3) four out of last five were above par, but Ness's achilles heel is the long layoff. He only wins 11% of these at TAM. Then again he has been in virtually half the exactas he's had a starter in for the last two seasons. 1,2 & 4 have high ITM% at Tam. A tough call. Exacta Key Box 6/1,2,4 and Trifectas 3,6/3,6/1,2,4,10

4th - Contenders Only - Trifectas 4,8/4,8/2,3,9,10

5th - A prime wager, Lite Legacy (2) ML 15-1. First of the season was in very tough company. Two that were out of the money in that race, Bo's Secret Storm, won next time out and Mr. Easy E ran second to Right Flanker. Lightning fast work on 1/9. The Allen's will be right there today. Win and Exacta Key Box 2/7,8,11,12.

6th - Contenders Only - Trifectas 9,11/9,11/5,6,7,10 or Exacta Key 9/5,6,7,10 if the 11 does not draw in.

7th - Contenders Only - Dashing Pirate (5) looks great but Fontana is only 1-6 with 1st 3 OC and only 27% ITM with same. Sir Tyler T (4) usually races above par (74) and has won going Sprint to Route in the past and has a lightning fast bullet work on 1/13, but jockey S Lazo is 0-17 and Carvajal is 0-23 going Sprint to Route. Fire Striker (8) loves the Downs and Gerry Bennett wins 33% with Turf to Dirt types. Florida Jack Pot (9) won powerfully on 1/3 but with a fig about six lengths slower than par. Touch Em All's (10) attributes are obvious but the old timer hasn't raced for 33 days. I'm gonna go with Exacta Box 4,10 and Trifectas 4,10/5,8,9/4,10

8th - Contenders Only - Exacta Key Box 10/1,2,9

9th - Contenders Only - Exacta Key 7/All

10th - A soft wager, Mystamy (4). If he can repeat early pace effort of last today, this one is over. Hungarian Gent (3) will be there late after tightener on 12/31. Win and Trifecta Double Key 4/3/All.

Good luck and good racing!

Johnny B.