PDA

View Full Version : Old voucher

ryesteve
01-16-2009, 09:41 AM
So, I was just going through the pockets of a coat I obviously haven't worn in a very long time, and I found a NYRA voucher that's 18 years old. Is there any chance in hell that this could still be redeemed? I can't even make out the amount. Could be 20 cents or it could be $120. Probably 20 cents, considering, but it got me wondering what would happen if I brought this thing in and asked for my money... :D

strapper
01-16-2009, 09:45 AM
I doubt seriously if they would honor that...unless they wanted to get some good PR. Bro, I think the statute of limitations ran out on you on that one.

LottaKash
01-16-2009, 10:37 AM
I doubt seriously if they would honor that...unless they wanted to get some good PR. Bro, I think the statute of limitations ran out on you on that one.

Unless the times have changed, most racing jurisdictions pay up to the end of the racing or calendar year, and that is it......After that, found money for the track and state.....

best,

ryesteve
01-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Unless the times have changed, most racing jurisdictions pay up to the end of the racing or calendar year, and that is it......After that, found money for the track and state....That's for uncashed tickets, not vouchers.

speldedo
01-16-2009, 11:48 AM
That's for uncashed tickets, not vouchers.

I believe they would be treated the same and have to be escheated to the state. ( I don't really know if that is true, but I wanted to use that word in a post!)

startngate
01-16-2009, 11:53 AM
NYSRWB's rule is the ticket must be submitted before March 31st of the year following it's issuance.

http://www.racing.state.ny.us/about/thbred/sec4005.1-4009.27.html#4009.5

Although they don't specify vouchers in this, a voucher is a 'ticket' so I'm sure that's how the State will interpret it.

I think you are a little late .... :)

Tom
01-16-2009, 11:56 AM
If they can trace the serial number on the voucher, you should be able to cash. I cashed a 5 yer old one at FL a few years back, even after they changed systems, but they had hard copy records of all cash instruments and were able to look it up and pay me. Took a week, but hey.

Talk to the mutuals supervisor. Worth a shot.

LottaKash
01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
That's for uncashed tickets, not vouchers.

No one told me that was a trick question........:jump:

best

Tom
01-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Old Voucher.....that's the house scotch at the Finger Lakes bar.

ryesteve
01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Although they don't specify vouchers in this, a voucher is a 'ticket'
No, a voucher is not a "winning parimutuel ticket". Two totally different things. And yes, I've cashed old vouchers before... not quite this old though.

As for serial numbers, if there's one on it, it's not legible. I can make out a 4 digit code, but that's probably an identifier of the mutuel window I used.

But no, I wouldn't really go hunt down a mutuel supervisor over what's probably 20 cents, unless maybe I had a hidden cam and thought it'd make for a funny web video.

HUSKER55
01-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Just a wild thought, is there any chance it has collectors value? Might be wroth more that way than the ticket.

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

ryesteve
01-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Just a wild thought, is there any chance it has collectors value? Might be wroth more that way than the ticket.

Wouldn't that be a hoot.
Maybe if it didn't look like it'd been run through a washing machine :D

But on the off chance you're right, I'm hereby excepting bids...

And if this is a TOS violation, I'll give PA half of whatever it brings in :lol:

Zman179
01-16-2009, 10:10 PM
If I'm not mistaken, vouchers in New York do not have an expiration date. As long as the serial numbers can still be read, you should be able to get your money...but don't expect any interest. :lol:

BTW, was your ticket one of the Autotote tickets with a red arrow on the back?

ryesteve
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
BTW, was your ticket one of the Autotote tickets with a red arrow on the back?Yes, it's one of the old-style red and white autotote tickets... didn't look at the back though (and I'm not home right now)

gillenr
01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Just got my $9.90(voucher, not wager) from a defunct OTB. I first tried in 11/08. The major problem was terminal ignorance by all invoved except HAW. They handled it very well. But Intertrack Partners wrote the check 12/31/08 & I got it 01/15/09.
A good rule is - refresh your vouchers.