PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know why CT and MNR have separate HBPA's??

Nmytwenties
01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
With all the others it is a state deal. Does anyone know why Charles Town and Mountaineer have their own separate HBPA's and aren't unified under a West Virginia org??? Just something I always wondered about.

Figman
01-15-2009, 08:13 PM
How about New York?
NYRA and Finger Lakes have separate horsemens' groups.
And the seven harness track have six separate horsemens groups. Only Buffalo Raceway and Batavia Downs have the same group.

ralph_the_cat
01-16-2009, 04:44 PM
all I can say is the tracks are hours apart and both have had their share of "corruption"... CT horseman and MNR horsemen are different horsemen, unlike a NY or PA racing circuit, MNR horsemen are either exclusively from MNR, or they are from Ohio/KY, while CT racing has a big influence from PA(Penn) and MD areas... they both have different agendas and different horsemen, where as everyone in PA usually races both at Philly and Penn, same goes for NY(AQU/Bel), Ky etc... you really dont see too many WV trainers, if any, that race at both CT and MNR, worlds apart to some degree... WV bred races have united them to some degree... but MNR to CT, will never be what Penn is to Philly..... thats just the way its always been for some reason... they are both small tracks that have worked their way up thru slot revenue... I dont think they want to be as united as one would think, to each his own...

JCB
01-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Not all of them. Many states have more than one HBPA.

Charlestown and Mountaineer could be on two different continents, as different as the areas are, tracks are, horsemen are. They're two different worlds imo.

Thomas Roulston
01-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Charles Town and Mountaineer Park don't even observe the same purse-distribution format: CT pays six places, while Mnr pays eight, although 7th and 8th both get the same share - which seems pretty lame to me, but ...