PDA

View Full Version : Third term for Obama??

jballscalls
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/01/14/three-terms-for-barack-obama/?icid=200100397x1217182314x1201144246

this is goofy, some guy from NY is trying to abolish the 22nd amendment so that BHO can get a third term. Shouldn't wait and see if he does anything during his first term to warrant a second term, not a third??

these people are goofy over this guy.

Marshall Bennett
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/01/14/three-terms-for-barack-obama/?icid=200100397x1217182314x1201144246

this is goofy, some guy from NY is trying to abolish the 22nd amendment so that BHO can get a third term. Shouldn't wait and see if he does anything during his first term to warrant a second term, not a third??

these people are goofy over this guy.
I expect to see many attempted " rule " changes in the next few years . Why not a lifetime membership ?

Tom
01-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Never get 75% of the states to ratify it.

JustRalph
01-15-2009, 03:35 PM

After last November, nothing would surprise me

Nmytwenties
01-15-2009, 05:42 PM
This doesn't surprise me in the least, although I had predicted a call for Obama being President for life wouldn't come until after his first term. I don't know how anyone could predict that he won't get a second term, if things don't get better it will be termed by the media "all because of Bush" and if things do get better than well he was "the Messiah" and should be worshipped by the sheep even more than before.

Democracy in this country, because of the bastardized system of one featherless biped - one vote, will assure Obama two terms as the thoughts of the masses are controlled by the media masters and I haven't seen anything to make me believe that they will not continue being his head cheerleaders.

It's 50/50 on whether this third term stuff will get any play, with a government controled and manipulated by media bosses your a fool to rule it out.

riskman
01-15-2009, 06:04 PM

Agree- there is a good reason for this rule. Makes it extremely difficult to amend the Constitution--then again the judiciary seem to find ways to get around this.

jonnielu
01-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Never say never, a review of the passage of the 14th amendment might be in order, if you'd like to consider who's hands the Constitutional process is in.

jdl

Marshall Bennett
01-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Make the plan retroactive , eight more years with Bush !! :ThmbUp:

LottaKash
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Make the plan retroactive , eight more years with Bush !! :ThmbUp:

Calling Dr. Kavorkian, Calling Dr. Kavorkian.....:eek:

best,

NJ Stinks
01-16-2009, 12:56 AM
After last November, nothing would surprise me

Hey, that's I felt in 2004! :(

rastajenk
01-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Then there's the ever-eternal meme of a contrived catastrophe, martial law, suspension of elections, and all that jazz that circulates toward the end of every administration. Especially with The Chosen One, I'm sure that will get some traction on the lunatic fringes.

Lefty
01-16-2009, 11:51 AM
He can't blame things on Bush forever. If the economy remains bad, and it will if he carries through his campaign rhetoric, or if we're attacked again, he won't get a 2nd term. Can you say President Palin?

LottaKash
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
. Can you say President Palin?

Wouldn't do much for the country, but we'll have some "good lookin' clothes" & some "nice bridges".........:jump:

GaryG
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Only a horseplayer would make this analogy, but I see him as the human equivalent of The Green Monkey. Lots of hype and high hopes but.....nothing. He will be running in nickel claimers in 4 years. And he has no stud value.

JustRalph
01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
He can't blame things on Bush forever. If the economy remains bad, and it will if he carries through his campaign rhetoric, or if we're attacked again, he won't get a 2nd term. Can you say President Palin?

Bite your tongue Lefty. Palin was ruined by McCain exposing her and then not taking up for her. He led her to the wolves and walked away............instead of taking on the lies he allowed them to be perpetuated over and over.

I think the ship has sailed. Leno Letterman Olbermann John Stewart and their ilk were allowed to set the tone and reputation of Palin..............without a word from McCain or the RNC............damn shame............

ddog
01-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Then there's the ever-eternal meme of a contrived catastrophe, martial law, suspension of elections, and all that jazz that circulates toward the end of every administration. Especially with The Chosen One, I'm sure that will get some traction on the lunatic fringes.

You must be joking, we are already in a contrived catastrophe!

They started it after it become clear bama was going to win, obviously!

Run the place into the ground, pay off some of your buddies and head for Texas!

:lol:

rightie say
"they dumped it all on the black guy."

p.s.

Lefty , you comedian, you guys are still blaming FDR much less Clinton for stuff.
I think your statue of limitations knows no bounds there.

Tom
01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Uh, ddog, it was DEMOCRATS that caused this. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Pelosi, Reid. Bush dug us out of Clinton's recession and gave us ALL a tax break, not just the rich.

jognlope
01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
I thought they were working on an amendment so Schwartzeneger , can't spell it, could be president.

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Run the place into the ground, pay off some of your buddies and head for Texas!Amazing. The President and the Executive branch has total control over the economy. They can steer the ship any which way they want, eh ddog? I had no idea...

I suppose this means that ANY President who presides over bad economic times should be immediately arrested and put on trial for high crimes and whatever other junk you want to think up.

Paging Jimmy Carter...

(I thought ddog would be the last poster in off-topic who would believe everything he reads....but apparently, this isn't true...)

Lefty
01-16-2009, 10:24 PM
dog, can you show me one post where i've said anything bad about FDR? I could, but I don't think I have.
How long will you libs excoriate Bush? A bullshit thing to do since he kept our butts safe. If Obama gets rid of Bush policies and we have another attack, will you libs blame Obama?
I bet not.

NJ Stinks
01-17-2009, 01:22 AM
How long will you libs excoriate Bush?

At least until noon on Tuesady if you don't mind, Lefty. :p :)

gopony
01-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Uh, ddog, it was DEMOCRATS that caused this. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Pelosi, Reid. Bush dug us out of Clinton's recession and gave us ALL a tax break, not just the rich.

Please explain.

Tom
01-17-2009, 10:53 AM
You need to catch up. Do a search - it's all here.

JustRalph
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Please explain.

here is a jump start for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&feature=PlayList&p=19F3D8B8C28FEDD8&playnext=1&index=3

*The above video gets real good at about 4:40

http://ibdeditorial.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=306370789279709

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51221

gopony
01-17-2009, 03:13 PM
From the second link

<I>

But it was the Clinton administration, obsessed with multiculturalism, that dictated where mortgage lenders could lend, and originally helped create the market for the high-risk subprime loans now infecting like a retrovirus the balance sheets of many of Wall Street's most revered institutions.

Tough new regulations forced lenders into high-risk areas where they had no choice but to lower lending standards to make the loans that sound business practices had previously guarded against making. It was either that or face stiff government penalties.

The untold story in this whole national crisis is that President Clinton put on steroids the Community Reinvestment Act*, a well-intended Carter-era law designed to encourage minority homeownership. And in so doing, he helped create the market for the risky subprime loans that he and Democrats now decry as not only greedy but "predatory."

Yes, the market was fueled by greed and overleveraging in the secondary market for subprimes, vis-a-vis mortgaged-backed securities traded on Wall Street. But the seed was planted in the '90s by Clinton and his social engineers. They were the political catalyst behind this slow-motion financial train wreck.

</I>

Why didn't Bush put a stop to this?

JustRalph
01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Why didn't Bush put a stop to this?

try this thread

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53857&highlight=bush

then watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A18zTHSxGHY&eurl=http://www.redstate.com/

enough said............