PDA

View Full Version : BO - going back on campaign promises

cj's dad
01-15-2009, 07:44 AM
One of BO's promises while stumping across the USA was that he would, within 16 months of taking office, bring home the American troops deployed in Iraq. That would be 2010.

Well..... Vice President select Joey Biden yesterday said that the administration is going to support (keep in place) the agreement w/ Iraq (Status of Troops Act) which will keep our soldiers there until 2012.

First, he reneges on the NCAA football playoffs, now this, what next BO ???

lsbets
01-15-2009, 08:20 AM
And he's been dining at the houses of neo-cons. Invites an evengelical minister to the inauguration.

Could he have been a Karl Rove plant? Is he the ultimate example of Rove's genius?

During the election we were told we might get a third Bush term, were they right? Out of control spending, record deficits, irresponsible tax cuts, endless wars, appointing cronies with no vetting.

Is Barry a neocon? :lol:

LottaKash
01-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Business as usual by the "Kingmakers"......they WILL have their way.....:eek:

best,

JustRalph
01-15-2009, 09:06 AM
The sad part is, Biden was supposedly "winging it " again. The statement he made is being denied privately by "transition" members.............

These guys better start talking to each other.

Btw, I read that Biden got a great deal on an Antique Televison at a flea market over the weekend.........

It was from 1920............and a color set

oddsmaven
01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, bring back the leadership style of holding to intransigent positions, regardless of current conditions.

Don't let me catch you right wingers sobbing with uplifted emotions after reading Obama's open letter to his daughters or when he takes the Lincoln choo-choo route to DC. ;)

GaryG
01-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Is Barry a neocon? :lol:No, he is a lying politician that promised anything to get elected. I read in the Frisco paper the other day that Barbara Boxer and the left wingers are "very disappointed" with some of Osama's positions. "Will we EVER get a liberal pres?" This one will be the weakest president ever. Mark it down. I have got to remember to order my coin and plate.

cj's dad
01-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, bring back the leadership style of holding to intransigent positions, regardless of current conditions.

Don't let me catch you right wingers sobbing with uplifted emotions after reading Obama's open letter to his daughters or when he takes the Lincoln choo-choo route to DC. ;)

Yours is a typical left wing liberal democratic spin of a legitimate post- i.e. not responding to the original post which clearly and simply states that BO is in fact not going to fulfill a rather important promise he made to the American people. This has absolutely nothing to do with GB, but rather is strictly an Obama issue.

How many voted for him because he PROMISED to bring home the troops??

Stay on point and respond accordingly if you can.

Tom
01-15-2009, 09:42 AM
It was from 1920............and a color set

It came with a box set of FDR speeches.

JustRalph
01-15-2009, 09:55 AM
It came with a box set of FDR speeches.

:lol: on 8 Track!!

ezrabrooks
01-15-2009, 10:01 AM
The business tax credit for companies hiring additional employees, that he touted at most of his campaign stops, has been pronounced dead, that pronouncement coming before he even took office. That might be a first...breaking a campaign promise before you even get in the door.

Ez

sammy the sage
01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
""fact not going to fulfill a rather important promise he made to the American people.""

PLEASE... :rolleyes:

Tell me ONE politician who NEVER DID THAT... :eek:

Once you get in office...(once you've WON AN ELECTION)...from county to national level...

a)you've been LIED to ABOUT the facts :faint: imagine that!!!
b)you lied to get ELECTED...^^^...ditto

ALL of the ABOVE... :bang:

jballscalls
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Sammy,

Bushy lowered the Inheritence tax rates in 2001 like he promised in his campaign and they gradually lower every year til this year or next. I'm sure obama will reverse that in a hurry though.

Thanks GWB for doing what you said you'd do!! My wallet appreciated it!

boxcar
01-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Too bad when they make those campaign "promises", they don't tell the public up front that they're all conditional -- they're all flex promises. (Of course, for those of us more sophisticated in the ways of politics, we already know that most promises never hold water.)

Boxcar

ArlJim78
01-15-2009, 11:51 AM

the conditions haven't changed, only Obama postions. what does it say about him that one by one Obama is falling in line with these intransigent positions, after talking a whole different game for years. Is it outright lying or incompetence? probably a little of both is my guess.

jballscalls
01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Just talked to a lib buddy of mine, and asked him about Obama changing the timeline in iraq, his response was "it takes a long time to clean up GWB's mess"

Tom
01-15-2009, 02:57 PM
So one could conclude that when he promised to get them out, he was talking through his hat? That he did not know enough about the situation to talk intelligently on it? That he was too inexperienced to make command-n-chief decisions???? So he pulled a "palin" on national security? A CNC who has already failed, and Treasury sec who can't do his own taxes.....oh boy, I guess we are in for change! :lol:

LottaKash
01-15-2009, 03:10 PM
I suspect the "Best" is yet to come......haha, poor us......:rolleyes:

I believe, he will put even more pieces of the puzzle together, and more than any other president in modern history....

What Bush started with the Patriot Act, was only the beginning....

I think more harm to our constitution is forthcoming with "PaPa oSama" at the controls......*(the Kingmakers controls).....Another preposterous election....

God help us.....

best,

oddsmaven
01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Yours is a typical left wing liberal democratic spin of a legitimate post- i.e. not responding to the original post which clearly and simply states that BO is in fact not going to fulfill a rather important promise he made to the American people. This has absolutely nothing to do with GB, but rather is strictly an Obama issue.

How many voted for him because he PROMISED to bring home the troops??

Stay on point and respond accordingly if you can.
First let me say I enjoy your posts...I wrote what I did because that is what came to mind for me upon reading that one...- that is I'm grateful he's going to be flexible...in my case, I didn't vote for Obama because of his "bring the troops home" so I'm not too worked up about that...if he ends up governing poorly and often at odds with what he campaigned on, he'll be tossed after one term...your entitled to your opinion but overall I'm happy with what I see, albeit it's too early, but it's good to have a sharp guy as president again.

riskman
01-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Is it outright lying or incompetence? probably a little of both is my guess.

No, it is reality. The number one issue is the economy. All else takes a back seat.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff257.html
"Obama, the candidate of hope, comes across as a clueless in this financial fiasco. If he understands any economics at all, he surely does not show it, not yet.These financial wizards surrounding Obama have no idea what the capital pricing should be or where capital should be shifted or what enterprises should receive new capital. They are politicians, economists, lobbyists, and lawyers. Directing a "financial system" to a condition of stability and progress with $350 billion is a task beyond the scope of Mr. Obama and Mr. Summers or all the king’s horses and men. They need only look at the actions of their predecessors and the directives of past administrations who brought Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into being, who encouraged subprime lending, who allowed insurance companies to endanger policyholders by writing credit insurance, and who recently have fallen into a $150 billion black hole with AIG. It is obvious to all but those in government that the markets are attempting to mark prices down to realistic values and that this will facilitate recovery. The markets are attempting to weed out inefficient firms. It is obvious that there is overcapacity in some lines of production and some asset classes, and this capital must be priced out at market and brought into uses that are economic at the new and lower prices. It is obvious that the capital structures supporting many of these investments likewise have to be marked down in price and a good deal of it must disappear altogether. This is what deleveraging means. It is evident that there are losses to be borne by those who invested in these assets and those who hold this capital."

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2009, 05:55 PM
but it's good to have a sharp guy as president again.I'm curious. What to you makes him a "sharp guy?"

Is good public speaking your only criteria? If not, what else influenced you to label him a "sharp guy?"

jballscalls
01-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Hard to imagine someone getting elected President without being of decent intelligence. Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law would lead me to believe Obama's sharper than the average knife.

Bushy went to Yale, he's probably quite smart as well.

delayjf
01-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law would lead me to believe Obama's sharper than the average knife.
I'm not saying it applies to Obama - but you can educate a fool.

jballscalls
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM

I realize education and where someone went to school doesnt necessarily prove their intelligence. I guess I just can't believe that a president wouldnt be an intelligent person.

JustRalph
01-16-2009, 09:37 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/John_Kerry_headshot_with_US_flag.jpg/387px-John_Kerry_headshot_with_US_flag.jpg

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Hard to imagine someone getting elected President without being of decent intelligence. Magna Cum Laude at Harvard Law would lead me to believe Obama's sharper than the average knife.

Bushy went to Yale, he's probably quite smart as well.You see, the reason I ask is that we have so LITTLE to go by in terms of labeling Obama a "sharp guy" other than his obvious ability to give speeches.

As we have seen in the past, an Ivy League education does not necessarily mean someone is going to be labeled "sharp" by the masses at large.

Just ask GWB.

lamboguy
01-16-2009, 11:03 PM
you can't get nothing by pace, he sure as hell picked that one right up!!

as far as public speaking goes, you go from a dopeaholic to a shear bs artist!

take your pick, not good either way!!!!!!!!!!

ElKabong
01-17-2009, 12:04 AM
"A long time" for 0bama = never. He's the biggest liar I've seen in politics, and that is quite an accomplishment. In 15 months you'll be on your knees licking a microphone begging for W to get back to DC.

Tom
01-17-2009, 01:30 AM

Oh?