PDA

View Full Version : The Tarheel Impact

dvlander
01-14-2009, 11:15 AM
When ACC teams play against North Carolina and play well, especially if they happen to win, I love the idea of going against them on the point spread the next time out. A recent example was Boston College upsetting NC a week or so ago. BC came out of that emotional game thinking they were world-beaters. What happens next? They lose decisively outright at home as a substantial favorite against Harvard!

Wake Forest knocked off NC last Sunday night in a very competitive and emotional game. This is a bit of a different scenario since WF is unbeaten and a very highly regarded team in their own right (unlike BC). Nonetheless WF plays at BC tonight as a 4-pt. road favorite and I'd be willing to take BC and the points and we'll see if the Tarheel Impact can hold for another game.

The risk is that WF is very, very good but 18-22 year-olds typically don't hold their form through all the ups and downs of a tough conference schedule and BC has shown they can beat anyone on a given night. Unfortunately, they have also shown that they can lose to anyone at the drop of a hat. I have to think they'll be highly motivated in this one.

Dale