PDA

View Full Version : Youbet website enhancements

NoCal Boy
01-14-2009, 09:12 AM
January, 2009

WagerQueuePro

WagerQueuePro is our new bet file uploading feature which allows you to build your wagers through your favorite handicapping tool, spreadsheet or text editing program, then save them as a comma-delimited text file and upload the file to be submitted in a batch of up to 200 wagers. Try this new feature today by visiting Wagering/WagerQueuePro via the top menu.

Video Enhancements

We’re always looking for ways to improve your online experience, and that commitment comes into sharp focus with our newly enhanced video streaming. Higher resolution and increased bandwidth let you watch each race, each horse in superb detail—details that add to your handicapping skills (acutal quality may depend on the bandwidth of your connection, your computer's processing speed, and the performance of your computer's graphics card).

Some of the improvements you’ll now notice include:

New Standard window size for an optimal viewing experience. Choose between Standard, Small, and Full Screen sizing options. Note that the new Standard size option is the default window size once you launch the video window.
Configure a user preference to set your desired default resolution by visiting My Youbet/My Preferences and then selecting the Audio/Video tab.
Not only will you see more of the action, you can see it on Mac, as video is now fully Mac compatible (note that you may be asked to update your flash plugin). So Mac users, be sure to fire up your Firefox browser and enjoy!
We’d love to hear about your experience—share your comments and suggestions with us at Beta@youbet.com (Beta@youbet.com)

scgmhawk
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi NoCal,

I enjoy YouBet. The only issue I have is that the Wager Queue and Video are not compatible with Firefox. Any plans for it to be compatible in the future?

candystripes
01-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Steve,

Note that Youbet is now fully compatible on the Firefox browser - both PC and Mac.

Ruben

[Should have mentioned, Mac compatability is currently in beta testing and will be available to all soon:)]

NoCal Boy
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Ruben-

I think we have heard the beta testing for Mac for a long time. Any realistic estimate?

The video seems noticeably better from my office PC. Nice job.

Hi Steve,

Note that Youbet is now fully compatible on the Firefox browser - both PC and Mac.

Ruben

[Should have mentioned, Mac compatability is currently in beta testing and will be available to all soon:)]

2low
01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
No conditional wagering yet?

candystripes
01-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Based on early returns, Mac/Firefox should be workable and available to all before the end of the month. For clarification purposes, Youbet works fine right now on a PC w/Firefox.

candystripes
01-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Somewhat late to the game as PTC and Twin Spires beat Youbet to the punch, but there are plans to launch conditional wagering for the WagerPadPro platform this month.

2low
01-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Somewhat late to the game as PTC and Twin Spires beat Youbet to the punch, but there are plans to launch conditional wagering for the WagerPadPro platform this month.

Excellent!

NoCal Boy
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
excellent. say hello to Lucky.

Based on early returns, Mac/Firefox should be workable and available to all before the end of the month. For clarification purposes, Youbet works fine right now on a PC w/Firefox.

NoCal Boy
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
beautiful

Ray2000
01-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I've been using WagerQueuePro since it has been available. Works great, really saves me time, as I make 30-40 wagers all at noon.

Now if you could only get YONKERS back:)

LottaKash
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I've been using WagerQueuePro since it has been available. Works great, really saves me time, as I make 30-40 wagers all at noon.

Hey Ray, haven't tested the waters on the queue thing, but will give it a test drive soon.....Most of my wagers are made live as the races come up....

Thx for the vote of confidence on this......

best,

NoCal Boy
01-14-2009, 06:10 PM
I understand Yonkers will be back once TVG gets approval from the NYS Racing and Wagering Board. Yonkers is one of the few remaining exclusive tracks for TVG and Youbet gets its rights to Yonkers through TVG.

sjk
01-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reminder that I needed to take a few minutes to gear up to use your new tool.

Looks like it will save a lot of wear and tear on the brain. I have no doubt that it will result in me playing more races than I have recently done.

plainolebill
01-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Does Youbet have wagering reports other than a log that tells you how much was bet and won?

scgmhawk
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
The video doesn't work yet on my Firefox but I'll look forward to it working by the end of the month. Thanks for the update.

candystripes
01-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Does Youbet have wagering reports other than a log that tells you how much was bet and won?

Yes. A "My ROI" feature also in beta test. Frankly, will blow away anything currently available out there. The tool will allow you to analyze your wagers based on distinct handicapping factors such as track, bet type, race class, race distance, race surface, horse breed, trainer, and jockey --- provided the wagers are placed on the Youbet system.

Part of a suite of "advanced tools" soon to be released.

Cheers,

Ruben

JimG
01-15-2009, 05:39 PM
I have not noticed anything different on the Youbet betting website. Sorta feel like I am in the twilight zone after reading this thread. Can someone please guide me to these new features? Thanks.

Jim

sjk
01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Look under the wagering menu. It is the second item on my screen.

Used it today and it is really going to be a big plus.

There was one race I entirely forgot to look at until I heard the announcer say the horses were going into the gate (delayed) and I got down a list of plays.

I played a pic3 for the first time in probably 5 years because making the bets manually is such a pain and I cashed a nice winner.

Thanks to Youbet for such a useful thing. I must be really lazy to not jump on it when it first came out.

candystripes
01-15-2009, 06:38 PM
I have not noticed anything different on the Youbet betting website. Sorta feel like I am in the twilight zone after reading this thread. Can someone please guide me to these new features? Thanks.

Jim

Jim, sorry. It's a Beta product not available to everyone just yet. Will be released very shortly.

JimG
01-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I see the queue now. As far as the video enhancement, I have not noticed any difference. How bout you or anyone else?

Jim

sjk
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Jim,

Except for the occasional day when the video is a mess my video is excellent. I am sure it is delayed but it flows at race speed as though I was watching on a monitor at the track.

My biggest gripe is that Turfway puts a big TP right on top of the lead horses down the backside. Why do they do that? Don't they watch their own races?

plainolebill
01-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm looking forward to the wagering reports. I really like the Youbet interface much better than any that I've used. Bookmaker.com is just GD horrible rebate or no rebate just I can't use it.

2low
01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Batch processing with conditional orders will get me back on youbet for sure:)

Now, first out with if/than conditional wagering, or whatever you'd call it, wins forever:

Bet horse 1 if odds 3/1 or better, or bet horse 2 if odds 7/2 or better, etc.

Ray2000
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Nice to see Youbet stock recovering... +44% this past month

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Youbetcom-Gains-New-Racing-bw-14069795.html

Anyone know when (or if) the "Rank your ROI vs all other account holders" service will be available?

showbet
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Yonkers is back on Youbet tonight.

JustRalph
01-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice to see Youbet stock recovering... +44% this past month

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Youbetcom-Gains-New-Racing-bw-14069795.html

Anyone know when (or if) the "Rank your ROI vs all other account holders" service will be available?

44% of a buck ain't much............ no matter how you slice it. Although I guess if I was getting 44% on all my wagers I might not think that way

DanG
01-23-2009, 11:12 PM
A few Youbet observations…

• The buffer time on the replays is too much; especially when multiple viewings are needed. Time is of the essence and watching a route replay multiple times and then the head on shouldn’t eat up 15+ minutes. Full screen option would also be helpful.

• Knock off the phony “rebates” :rolleyes: already. The 6 million point waffle iron is frankly an insult and put the loose change back into your infrastructure.

• Video quality / tote information and real time changes are your key to viability. You would be amazed how many people use your sight for video only and bet where the get a fair shake.

• BTW: Much improved track lineup the winter to say the least. :ThmbUp:

pktruckdriver
01-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Yes. A "My ROI" feature also in beta test. Frankly, will blow away anything currently available out there. The tool will allow you to analyze your wagers based on distinct handicapping factors such as track, bet type, race class, race distance, race surface, horse breed, trainer, and jockey --- provided the wagers are placed on the Youbet system.

Part of a suite of "advanced tools" soon to be released.

Cheers,

Ruben

IS this true or fantasy?

Can you go back and evaluate last years bets.

Almost all my bets, and they were not that many , were made on youbet, and to be able to go back and study them , would be worth its weight in gold, to me.

Please elaborate on this feature, and where to find it, Now I gotta have it.

Does any other ADW do this, analyze your wagers, anyone know of any??

Patrick K

startngate
01-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Does any other ADW do this, analyze your wagers, anyone know of any??
TwinSpires allows you to analyze based on Track and Bet Types, also over a period of days. It was developed a long time ago on the old AmericaTab system which they purchased in 2007. It's a great feature I have been using for years.

If YouBet has expanded it to include race types, distance, trainer/jockey, et al, then it is a big step forward.

Once the processes are set up, I see no reason why you couldn't go back as far as YouBet keeps the data.

NoCal Boy
01-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Not sure what you mean by this comment. If one put $10K into Youbet stock when it was toling at .80, it is now worth over $16K. If you put $10K in almost all other stocks during this time, it is worth far less than $16K. The actual price only affects how many shares you can buy, not the dollar gain.

44% of a buck ain't much............ no matter how you slice it. Although I guess if I was getting 44% on all my wagers I might not think that way

showbet
01-24-2009, 10:32 AM
IS this true or fantasy?
It's true. I have the "My ROI" feature activated on my account. I received an email from Youbet in September of last year inviting me to try this new feature.

Can you go back and evaluate last years bets.
Yes.

Please elaborate on this feature
From the September email:

What My ROI does for you:
• Provides a snapshot view of your profitable betting patterns.
• Displays your ROI based on distinct handicapping factors such as track, bet type, race class, race distance, race surface, horse breed, trainer, and jockey.
• Lets you run prior betting performance across a total of eight betting factors and thousands of combinations through advanced filtering capabilities.
• Downloads to Excel.

where to find it
It's on the "My Youbet" menu, but you probably will have to wait until it's out of beta before you see it. You might try emailing them to ask if they can activate the feature for you. It really does provide valuable insight into the profitable and not-so-profitable wagers you've made.

pktruckdriver
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Showbet
Thank you for the reply, I will email them and ask, just to make sure they don't forget to put it out there.

This would save me lots of double entry of data, especially if we can download to excell and print it out, now if I only knew how to use excell, I am taking a course, don't worry, I will learn it.

Starngate

You state Twinspires has this feature already but no where near the capabilites of the ROI, from Youbet. And you stated only days of analyzing, not going back to last year, or year before, or even last few months, is thi correct?

Again thank you guys for quick responses.

This would be 1 of the most valuable tools i could find this year if it worked they way Youbet claims, all my bets would be analyzed automatically, thus saving me hours upon hours of data input, this is awesome, isn't it.

Let's keep this on the downlow guys, just kidding.

Patrick

startngate
01-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Starngate

You state Twinspires has this feature already but no where near the capabilites of the ROI, from Youbet. And you stated only days of analyzing, not going back to last year, or year before, or even last few months, is thi correct?
I meant you can select a date range. It's really helpful in conjunction with a track filter, so you can look at your performance by race meet (for example look at Keeneland Spring Meet vs Keeneland Fall Meet), or if a meet spans a New Year's Day like Tampa, etc.

I opened my WinTicket account on AmericaTab on one of the first days it was available, and can run my reports all the way back to June 29, 2001, which is when they moved to Oregon.

Assuming YouBet keeps all their data archived as well, you should be able to run these reports back to your 'Day 1' also.

JustRalph
01-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Not sure what you mean by this comment. If one put $10K into Youbet stock when it was toling at .80, it is now worth over $16K. If you put $10K in almost all other stocks during this time, it is worth far less than $16K. The actual price only affects how many shares you can buy, not the dollar gain.

I understand........ I wasn't trying to make some cerebral point about the value of the stock.....just a point about how low some of these stocks are trading nowadays..........

I will try to be more clear in the future...........

pktruckdriver
01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Anyone know why youbet does not answer their emails?

I sent them 2 emails , nothing came back undelievered, so I believe they got them, but no responses from them.

Anyone have a better way to reach them, concerning the Beta thing?

Thanks

Patrick

LottaKash
01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Yesterday YOUBET kicked in their New Video Formatting....Now it uses Adobe Flash Player instead of the Media Players (windows in my case)...

The Small screen seems to be a wee bit smaller than the older one (could be just an illusion, tho)...and the standared screen is somewhat smaller than the old 2X screen...Of course the Full Screen is just that.......

In viewing the new screens, I DO notice a change in the resolution quality, and it is more pleasing to the eye... Head-on shots are amazingly good, but lateral shots still leave some ghosting artifacts, but still much better than before... And Not so murky as before, especially at the nite-tracks with dim lighting with many shadows......Also, it not as pixelated as before.... Saddle cloth colors are better produced, tho not in every light...Overall a step up in quality I think.......Still, I suspect even given the broadband of a decent T-1 connection, the quality will always be somewhat lacking streaming over the Internet........I like it much better....A nice step in the right direction, Youbet.....:jump:

best,

pktruckdriver
02-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Still waiting for Youbet to answer me.

4 emails and 2 phone calls and nothing back from them, kinda sucks.

Who else does this, anyone know?

Thanks

Patrick

DanG
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
On the subject of replays…

There needs to be more lead time when it first runs. By the time the window size is changed the start can be missed.

Also; the need to pause / rewind / fast-forward is huge for note takers and without knowing how much control over content / duration etc…at least a portion of the gallop out would be helpful.

The new real-time video formatting btw is fantastic; thanks very much. :ThmbUp:

Tom
02-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey Patrick, take it from me, even when they do answer, they don't! :mad:

rrbauer
02-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Patrick, take it from me, even when they do answer, they don't! :mad:

No sh*t! Back in the pre-PTC days when YB was the only decent alternative to PhoneBet, I was interested in the "batch" feature. Sent them email after email as to how it worked, what bets I could use it on, yada, yada. I'm talking ten or more emails here. Never a peep from them.

They show up with features, years after the competition, and they're on this board crowing as if it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

:ThmbDown:

dutchboy
02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
It is possible that if they created something after it was suggested the person who suggested it may have a legal right to be compensated. There are companies who policy is to return all suggestions or to ignore them for legal reasons. They probably read and listen but would never admit it.

Blackberry might be an example where someone created and copyrighted a procedure that Blackberry uses. Believe they just collected about 500 million as part of a copyright issue in the recent past.

No sh*t! Back in the pre-PTC days when YB was the only decent alternative to PhoneBet, I was interested in the "batch" feature. Sent them email after email as to how it worked, what bets I could use it on, yada, yada. I'm talking ten or more emails here. Never a peep from them.

They show up with features, years after the competition, and they're on this board crowing as if it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

:ThmbDown:

JustRalph
02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
ever heard of "inevitable discovery" (http://definitions.uslegal.com/i/inevitable-discovery-exception/) it's a criminal concept that says evidence can be used because it would have been discovered eventually. Even after a bad act committed by police, that would normally have kept all follow on evidence out of court. This is one thing that is being used as a defense in cases such as you mention. The concept is moving into civil law especially in the field of software litigation.

If through the normal course of development, a feature such as batch betting would have been considered an "inevitable" evolution of the product i.e. the Youbet platform, they would argue no benefit to anybody who suggested it. It only served to move the feature up........not be the genesis of the want and need for the feature. Let alone the original idea.

This is the kind of crap lawyers get paid to convince people of. Some good, some bad.

RR is right, they are pretty damn late to the party...........and to stand around announcing their own grand arrival is kind of off putting

rrbauer
02-05-2009, 07:18 AM
The feature that I'm referring to was listed as a feature on one of their menus and it was something that had a page for it when you clicked that link but that was it. No utility and no documentation as to its use. You would think that if there were legal considerations that they would take the page down.

There was a time when so little was happening with the YB web site and the betting interface that I was wondering if they had the source code for what they were using.

bitter
02-05-2009, 09:11 AM
i'm a long time youbet user, and all and all enjoy their product. But, they need to get rid of the free Equibase PP's, don't get me wrong, free PP's are awesome, but equibase is the bottom of the barrell (IMO). Twinspires uses the much better brisnet PP's with tons options as to which PP's the user can choose from.
If Youbet could some how partner up with drf to exlusively sell or promote drf's PP's i think it would attract a lot more people. I see that they do offer DRF PP's for purchase, but they're not luring anyone with any discount prices

just a thought

Tom
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Diners got the idea decades ago - don't charge for the menus and you get more orders.