PDA

View Full Version : NEURAX

ClockerQ
01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
I took advantage of BRISNET'S free promotion and downloaded the program for Sunday's Gulfstream card. Here's the results:

4 winners with their first choice, 4 with their second and 2 with their 3rd. 10 for 10. included were an 18-1 shot with a second choice and a 27-1 and 8-1 with their third choices. if you had boxed their top 4 selections in the tri, you would have hit 4.

Their new Race Analyzer feature didn't fare so well. It only gave me 2 chalk winners.

I tried All_ways and it was information overload. I never felt comfortable sifting thru the multitude of data. All-Ways manual is huge, and there's no tutorial to help you. NUERAX on the other hand is pretty simplistic. They list every horse in the race, with a score and ml and win odds. The simplicity of it made me skeptical. i used it as a reference, didn't bet any horse because of anything it said. I hit the first race exacta for $238,, I liked the 27-1 shot winner anyway, but nothing else the rest of the day. I didn't particuliarly like the card so I only bet 5 races. I'll never do it, but I just should have bet NUERAX and counted my money,,lol. I'm going to run it again tomorrow for Santa Anita. Lets see how it does on the left coast.

Has anybody else here used this or the All-Ways program?

plainolebill
01-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I tried AllWays years ago but the costs of the files were prohibative. Fransden (the originator) has a site where you could get boatloads of info on the program.

Allways (http://www.frandsen.com/)

ClockerQ
01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes, I agree, the cost of All-Ways and NUERAX is high. But in All-Ways defense, they promote the product for the serious/professional handicapper and if you fit that mode, the cost is minimal compared to your wagers. NUERAX promotes it for everybody, with the lean towards the serious players, but their cost is equal to All-Ways.

I've been to their website and yes you can get boatloads of info, like the 600 page manual, but putting it all together for what I want requires, at least for me, some hands on training. A cd taking un thru the steps would be OK. I'm just having trouble pawing thru the manual to find answers to ?'s i'm having as i learn.

fight
01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
any chance of seeing you sa work?

dutchboy
01-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Was it Neurax or Neurax Pro that you tried?

scgmhawk
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Out of curiosity, I downloaded 1 card the other night since it was free as well. I'm not really sure I get it. The write up about the new "Race Analyzer" talks about handicapping but I really don't get the program, other than to give you 1 figure per horse and an odds line. I don't see where the handicapping comes in. And for $7 a card, I'm sure there must be some who use the program but I don't see the value.

ClockerQ
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
It was Nuerax Pro and I'll get back later with the SA results.
Hawk, its pretty simplistic. They just give you a horses score and you're expected to run with it i guess. for its value, just read my first post. that was pretty impressive. it didn't do so well yesterday at SA, but Cal racing now is a joke. I'm done with it until they can fill their races with more than 5-7. Hard to find value there. What I do with Nuerax is group the horses together according to their score. theres always a dropoff between the contenders and the losers. That helps pinpoint the horses to play. There's no actual handicapping involved with the program as far as i can see. You just use their scores in conjunction with your own handicapping. I'm doing the free trial, but I don't think I will be buying it on a regular basis. I'm going to use my 3rd free download back at Gulfstream. If it can come close to duplicating its first results, I'll have to reconsider.

ClockerQ
01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Nuerax had 2 winners with their first selection, 1 with their 2nd and 2 with their 3rd at Santa Anita wednesday. thats 5 out of 8 in very short fields. not very good but neither was the racing. if you would have boxed their first 3 selections in a $1 exacta you would have hit 3 races. race 1,,4.50,,,,race 4,,28.00,,race 7,,7.30. I'm discounting this day and regret using a free download on this type of card. Sunday at Gulfstream looks like my next attempt with this program. Please don't ask me for their picks. Even though they are available free, it would infringe on their copyright privileges.