PDA

View Full Version : The Real Imperial Presidency

Show Me the Wire
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
begins with the acquiensence of the press:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/01/12/sun-times-journalists-shut-out-obama.

This story continues to indicate, mainstream media outlets', bias in favor of Obama. As the story indicates how would these self-imprtant media types reacted towards President Bush if his administration tried this pile of B.S.?

The Peggys, of the world, posting on the Dem underground must embrace censorship as one of the traits of someone ready to lead.

Tom
01-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Travis Smiley says we all work for Obama and it is our job to make sure his presidency is a success. Screw that - our job to thwart this fool's agenda no matter what it takes. Obama' agenda is not one to help America.

Travis is a suck up. :lol:

ddog
01-13-2009, 02:15 PM
begins with the acquiensence of the press:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/01/12/sun-times-journalists-shut-out-obama.

This story continues to indicate, mainstream media outlets', bias in favor of Obama. As the story indicates how would these self-imprtant media types reacted towards President Bush if his administration tried this pile of B.S.?

The Peggys, of the world, posting on the Dem underground must embrace censorship as one of the traits of someone ready to lead.

If the point is the pre-qualification of the press in regards to Preznit media spins , they can hardly be called anything else,then that's silly and you should/do? know better.

Do you not see all of them looking down between questions for the list of who to call on?

It's been thus for many many years.

Show Me the Wire
01-13-2009, 02:41 PM
ddog:

It is not just pre-qualification as you stated. It is control of the press. Obama's staff selects who will ask the questions that specific day. Totally different from being pre-qualified to ask questions at a press conference, where the President calls on any pre-qulified reporter. I admit a nuance but a very important nuance.

BTW Carol Marin, if you are not familiar with the Chicago media market, is a long-time and well respected reporter experienced in t.v. and print. And this complaint about Obama's manipulation of the press corps originates through an experienced and respected reporter, whom I am sure is knowledgable about protocals of press conferences.

Tom
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
SMTW, you loose cannon, you!
That is the ONE you are posting about!!!!!
Or, is it A one? :lol:

Hey, what happened to our liberal friends who who all had cows because Bush had limited audience town hall meetings? Are they all asleep at the switch?

The Fairness Doctrine and this type of press manipulation are some of the signs that Germany ignored in the 1930's.......food for thought. When do we start burning books ( or thumb drives)?

Steve 'StatMan'
01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
SMTW, you loose cannon, you!
That is the ONE you are posting about!!!!!
Or, is it A one? :lol:

Hey, what happened to our liberal friends who who all had cows because Bush had limited audience town hall meetings? Are they all asleep at the switch?

The Fairness Doctrine and this type of press manipulation are some of the signs that Germany ignored in the 1930's.......food for thought. When do we start burning books ( or thumb drives)?

How soon comes the change from Bush=Hitler to Obama=Hitler?

GaryG
01-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Chris Mathews will really have something running down his leg at the coronation.....or is it the investiture? This "holiday weekend" will be a real freak show.

dutchboy
01-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Wonder when the dim witted Obama supporters will start complaining about the carbon footprint for the inauguration ceremonies. I would assume all of the democratic supporters will be car pooling or taking the bus.

I am hoping it will be about 10 degrees with 30 mile an hour winds and freezing rain. That might shut up Al Gore and his friends.

Marshall Bennett
01-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I am hoping it will be about 10 degrees with 30 mile an hour winds and freezing rain.
In that case they won't show up . :lol:

cj's dad
01-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Some tidbits regarding BO's coronation:

*The train from Baltimore to DC is sold out. There will be no parking available in DC to the "common" folk.

*Local TV stations in Balt.Md - 33 miles away - are telling people to ride a bike :lol: to the event, if not going by bus or train.

*There will be 10,000 portapots available for 3,000,000 people, which clearly indicates that the potties will be overflowing at some point (early on) and all the waste will go into the Potomac River and end up in the Chesapeake Bay. I'm swearing off of oysters and blue(yellow?) crabs.

*BO is stopping in Baltimore on Saturday (f---ing great) at a cost to the city of approx. $11 million.

Wonder when the dim witted Obama supporters will start complaining about the carbon footprint for the inauguration ceremonies. I would assume all of the democratic supporters will be car pooling or taking the bus.

I am hoping it will be about 10 degrees with 30 mile an hour winds and freezing rain. That might shut up Al Gore and his friends.

jballscalls
01-14-2009, 11:14 AM
random question, does anyone know who any of the musicians playing will be at the inauguration?

jballscalls
01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
*BO is stopping in Baltimore on Saturday (f---ing great) at a cost to the city of approx. $11 million.

You should have learned this during Obama's campaign, Hope and change cost a buttload of our money LOL

cj's dad
01-14-2009, 11:30 AM
random question, does anyone know who any of the musicians playing will be at the inauguration?

I'm kinda ruling out Country and Western - hope that helps.

jballscalls
01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm kinda ruling out Country and Western - hope that helps.

i dont know, there are usually weird musical pairings at these things. Remember Bush dancing around to Ricky Martin, now that was an unusual combo LOL

GaryG
01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm kinda ruling out Country and Western - hope that helps.I was expecting Hank Jr and Charlie Daniels.....maybe not.

JustRalph
01-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Ludacris is playing

You know him? The one who released a song during the Campaign calling Hillary a bitch and many other things?

jballscalls
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Ludacris is playing

You know him? The one who released a song during the Campaign calling Hillary a bitch and many other things?

I"m assuming if Ludacris is there, then Bill O. probably wont be in attendance??

ddog
01-14-2009, 12:48 PM
ddog:

It is not just pre-qualification as you stated. It is control of the press. Obama's staff selects who will ask the questions that specific day. Totally different from being pre-qualified to ask questions at a press conference, where the President calls on any pre-qulified reporter. I admit a nuance but a very important nuance.

BTW Carol Marin, if you are not familiar with the Chicago media market, is a long-time and well respected reporter experienced in t.v. and print. And this complaint about Obama's manipulation of the press corps originates through an experienced and respected reporter, whom I am sure is knowledgable about protocals of press conferences.

I am not sticking up for any of them , but it's all(the press conf) a SHOW a CIRCUS a distraction. Bush had a list of slimeballs to call on , just as bama does and Clinton did, the questions, they don't want to give a straight reply to (almost all of them) they just tap dance around.

There has not been one of these clowns in the last 30-40 years that would last 10 minutes under real questions from someone that had no skin in the media circus game.

Far as I am concerned they should hold them under a cicrus tent with the bearded lady as the press officer, they are frauds and criminals , that's all.

As far as real imperial stuff goes, HOw's about Timmay Giether , the f***kin tax dodgeing douche bag that is up for Treasury Sec?

How a fool like that could be nominated is one thing, but how bama the "change meister" could not withdraw him in shame just goes to re-enforce the "ethics" of this country.

It's all ok until you get called on it, then pay up and all is well.

After all , why would one expect a Treasury Sec to know anything about that complicated tax code?

Indeed!

Scum.

boxcar
01-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Travis Smiley says we all work for Obama and it is our job to make sure his presidency is a success. Screw that - our job to thwart this fool's agenda no matter what it takes. Obama' agenda is not one to help America.

Travis is a suck up. :lol:

Goes to show just how backwards the liberal mindset is. Our thought our job was to make darn sure that our elected public servants were working for us -- for the good of the country. But I suppose this isn't PC thinking today, is it?

Boxcar

Tom
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
How soon comes the change from Bush=Hitler to Obama=Hitler?

Calling someone a nazi is moronic.
Recognizing historical similarities is different.

Cutting off debate and restricting information is dangerous. Especially now, with what will likely prove to to be the weakest government our history. Obama, Pelosi, Reid.....what better crop of fools to have the reins of power taken from them, and us sitting here with no leaders in power or on the horizon.

jballscalls
01-14-2009, 01:44 PM
so who is going to step forward and be a leader?? is there anyone on the distant horizon??

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2009, 05:30 PM
random question, does anyone know who any of the musicians playing will be at the inauguration?I'm sure only the biggest acts going and biggest names in showbiz will be in attendance. After all, wouldn't want to sully Obama's good name with any "second string" entertainers.

I think I even heard U2 will be there....

jballscalls
01-16-2009, 06:28 PM
I think I even heard U2 will be there....

that would be cool........if it was 1988 and George H's inauguration. LOL

Marshall Bennett
01-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I thought a few mega-liberals such as Bruce Springsteen would perform .

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2009, 10:22 PM
that would be cool........if it was 1988 and George H's inauguration. LOLYeah, as if U2 couldn't sell out ANY arena in the US this very moment.

Lefty
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
jbballs, I understand they will be all libs, save one.
Garth Brooks. And he is not outspoken about his politics like the libs are.
BTW, besides the carbon footprint that every house in the U.S. couldn't match in thousands of yrs, Obama's shindig will cost 4 times that of Bush's.

Off we go.

Tom
01-17-2009, 12:47 AM
He is wasting about $100 million - taxpayer money, and creating a monstrous carbon footprint.

The man is totally irresponsible and a fraud.

hcap, where is your outrage over the financial and environmental rape planned for this weekend??????

jballscalls
01-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, as if U2 couldn't sell out ANY arena in the US this very moment.

Oh i know they are still very popular. just haven't liked any of their songs since "one" and i think that was in 1991 or 2 or something.

jballscalls
01-17-2009, 10:13 AM
jbballs, I understand they will be all libs, save one.
Garth Brooks. And he is not outspoken about his politics like the libs are.
BTW, besides the carbon footprint that every house in the U.S. couldn't match in thousands of yrs, Obama's shindig will cost 4 times that of Bush's.

Off we go.

Should be an interesting 4 years. :(

Tom
01-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Funny how many music artist think that good albums makes us give a hot what they have to say about anything.

Bono, if you don't have your band behind you, shut up.:rolleyes: