PDA

View Full Version : She stays in the family...

joanied
01-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Ya think maybe Paulson really just wants to keep her?

http://auctions.bloodhorse.com/article/48752.htm

supercap
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Ya think maybe Paulson really just wants to keep her?

http://auctions.bloodhorse.com/article/48752.htm
No, He just wants azillion dollars.

joanied
01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
No, He just wants azillion dollars.

Yeah....that too:D

Fingal
01-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Hypocrite.

He calls her a member of the family. So why did he try to sell her ? I can't put a price on my family members, but I guess he has a certain figure in mind for his.:rolleyes:

JustRalph
01-13-2009, 06:47 PM
can anybody explain to me how much it cost him to keep her? I don't know crap about these sale rules............

Btw, I got a cousin in Columbus I could put a price on in a minute.........I would give a few bucks for somebody to take him a way............ :lol:

onefast99
01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
can anybody explain to me how much it cost him to keep her? I don't know crap about these sale rules............

Btw, I got a cousin in Columbus I could put a price on in a minute.........I would give a few bucks for somebody to take him a way............ :lol:
To enter you pay a fee of $1000.00 that covers the sales companies fee up to $22,500.00 anything over that is about 5% commission. You then pay the consignor(Hill n dale etc)a fee of 5% with a minimum of $1500.00 These fees can be negotiated but the sales agencies fee(keeneland)is not. When you buy a horse back you set a reserve the horse doesnt meet the reserve and you pay on the final number. Here is an example, You have a horse in at a reserve of $60k you end up buying her back at 50k RNA(reserve not acheived)you paid a fee when you entered(1k)take the difference between $22,500 and $60,000.00 and multiply that difference(37,500)by approximately 5% so you end up owing about $1925.00. The sales company or consignor could care less if you RNA they still get paid, pretty fair right!

lilmegahertz
01-14-2009, 05:19 PM
I love Azeri. If I was blessed enough to have her, no amount of money could get me to part with her.

sandpit
01-15-2009, 12:32 PM
The moron turned down $7.7 mil for her foal last year. That's $12.1 million for two horses that he got nothing for yet paid Keeneland a huge commission. He either is stupid, very rich, or doesn't want to sell them. Probably all three.

joanied
01-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I love Azeri. If I was blessed enough to have her, no amount of money could get me to part with her.

I agree with that...and sandpit sure got it right...

"The moron turned down $7.7 mil for her foal last year. That's $12.1 million for two horses that he got nothing for yet paid Keeneland a huge commission. He either is stupid, very rich, or doesn't want to sell them. Probably all three."

lilmegahertz...Azeri was 'in love' with one of my horses...when she was at the training center, she had a gelding in the next stall that they said she was very fond of...he was out of one of my mares...and was brought out there by the friend of mine that has him...I had named him Blue when he was born, but they changed his name to Elvis...and he was used to pony horses there for a while.
I love Azeri...and I too would never part with her.