PDA

View Full Version : island fashion

lamboguy
01-13-2009, 08:31 AM
nielson, evererst stables, had the horse in a sale last year and bought her back for $2 million. he bred her to stormcat, his real estate business went bad, he sold her yesterday for $950,000 and a japeneese guy bought her.

azzeri got bought back too for $4 million.

big brown $50million????????????????

LottaKash
01-13-2009, 09:16 AM
nielson, evererst stables, had the horse in a sale last year and bought her back for $2 million. he bred her to stormcat, his real estate business went bad, he sold her yesterday for $950,000 and a japeneese guy bought her.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that sounds like a $1,050,000 stud fee.......:jump:

best,

jotb
01-13-2009, 11:05 AM

azzeri got bought back too for $4 million.

big brown $50million????????????????

Hey, didn't the pathetic jockey "Iggy Puglisi" win on Island Fashion twice in her career. As a matter of fact, I think he win on her in the Winstar/Sunland Park Oak Stake and the Delaware Oaks Grade 3 when Nick Canani had her.

I think Pope Mclean of Crestwood Farm was the consignor for Everest Stables. The person who purchased Island Fashion was Katsumi Yoshida. Jeff Nielsen has been downsizing because he wants to focus on his real estate business. He wants to keep a small number of horses and Petionville, (sire of Island Fashion) is one of them. I think Azeri was RNA.

Joe

joanied
01-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Does this mean she's going to live in Japan:(

Fingal
01-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I wonder if there was an auction reserve on her ? :confused:

lamboguy
01-13-2009, 01:46 PM
i rember betting on island fashion first time out in so. cal, she busted me. she came back in her next race to win in northern california and pay something like $50.00 for nick canani.

my partner broke and trained island fashion in ocala.

that was a big hit to take in a year. the stud fee was something like $300,000, and he got less than half, plus he had to pay for his reserve in the first sale and the auction and consigner fee in the one yesterday. he is lucky if he winds up with $400k when its all said and done.

its just a rough market for now.

plainolebill
01-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Wasn't Polanco Island Fashion's trainer? She ran 2nd in the SA Hcp and ran big in a GR1 turf, I think the Yellow Ribbon, at Hollywood. Game mare.

joanied
01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Fingal....guess not...and lamboguy has explained her sale....thanks, lamboguy...one more thing...is she staying here or moving to Japan...and it's a shame your partner didn't get all she is worth...

lamboguy
01-13-2009, 04:42 PM
i know that polanco took over for nick canani. i thought that when she broke her maiden it was with nick.

i just wanted to point out how things have changed in this game over night. the last 4 or 5 sales have been pitiful.

i have a good one that we bred, we took her out of 2 sales, and now we are going to run her this summer. she goes back in training in middle of february.

when i say good, it just means that she is doing everything right so far, and she looks good. but its a long way to a race. i just named her, not sure if the jockey club accepted the name yet though. SANTORINI MOON. and don't trust my spelling! if you can guess her sire is MALIBU MOON. and i love that sire.

joanied
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
lamboguy...GOOD LUCK with Santorini Moon:jump:

onefast99
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
i know that polanco took over for nick canani. i thought that when she broke her maiden it was with nick.

i just wanted to point out how things have changed in this game over night. the last 4 or 5 sales have been pitiful.

i have a good one that we bred, we took her out of 2 sales, and now we are going to run her this summer. she goes back in training in middle of february.

when i say good, it just means that she is doing everything right so far, and she looks good. but its a long way to a race. i just named her, not sure if the jockey club accepted the name yet though. SANTORINI MOON. and don't trust my spelling! if you can guess her sire is MALIBU MOON. and i love that sire.
Unfortuneately the consignors and the sales agency, in this case Keeneland have not yet woke up and lowered their fees. These sales will continue to see less and less horse flesh. Most farms have cut their stallion fees Keeneland has no option but to lower their fees.

lamboguy
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
if you like paying $1000 to enter your horse for the sale. pay the consigner $125 a day, then pay the house 5% of the sale or reserve, and 5% to the consigner, you should support your friendly horse auctions. the nice guys that work for fasig tipton wear nice blue blazers and walk around in penny loafers and of course the color coded ties. they give out free pens and print out catalogues.

supercap
01-13-2009, 06:48 PM
if you like paying $1000 to enter your horse for the sale. pay the consigner $125 a day, then pay the house 5% of the sale or reserve, and 5% to the consigner, you should support your friendly horse auctions. the nice guys that work for fasig tipton wear nice blue blazers and walk around in penny loafers and of course the color coded ties. they give out free pens and print out catalogues.

How do you think they pay for that shiny new three story office at keeneland!