PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Payoffs Data

bigbrown
01-13-2009, 05:17 AM
I would appreciate any help with information about where one can obtain (purchase) data with exotic payoffs (e.g., payoffs and/or probables for exacta) for past races. I am interested not only in the payoffs for the winning combination, but rather in the payoffs for all combinations.

Thank you very much.

dartman51
01-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Bris and TSN both have the xrd files archived that you can purchase. Are you looking for a large quantity, or a few specific dates?

plainolebill
01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
TSN and Bris don't have the probables, only the actual payoffs. This has been brought up before and I don't think anyone even records this data.

bigbrown
01-13-2009, 02:38 PM
yes, I was looking for the payoffs of all possible entries, not only the actual payoff that was paid to the winning entry.

For example, for exacta, say that the pairs of horses 1-3 and 1-2 both have odds and corresponding pools displayed on the toteboard with 0 MTP. This means that if I bet on the pair 1-3 I know how much I win if the horse 1 comes first and 3 comes second. Assume now that the pair 1-2 wins. Is it then the case the the only payoff data recorded (by any vendor) is the data coresponding to 1-2?

This is not the case for win for example where historical data contains the final odds for all horses (winners or not). I was expected the situation to be similar for exacta, i.e., to find a vendor out there who has this data recorded...

Jeff P
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
The only way to get exa probables to my knowledge would be to create an app or bot designed to read them right from the tote stream as it refreshes and write them to a database so you can study them afterwards.

-jp

bigbrown
01-13-2009, 09:03 PM
"The only way to get exa probables to my knowledge would be to create an app or bot designed to read them right from the tote stream as it refreshes and write them to a database so you can study them afterwards."

Thank you Jeff!

Is there anybody on this board who has assembled this type of collection? If yes, is (a part of) this data sharable (perhaps for a cost)?

bigbrown
01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
"This has been brought up before and I don't think anyone even records this data."

Plainolebill: I would appreciate you posting a link to the previous discussion if it's not too hard for you.

plainolebill
01-13-2009, 09:53 PM
BB, I'm old and slow, my memory isn't so good either. If I remembered where the thread was I'd post it for you. But my recollection is that the info is unobtanium.

Best of luck

ryesteve
01-14-2009, 09:30 AM
This has been brought up before and I don't think anyone even records this data.There are enough of us that I'm sure somebody does. Heck, I was recording DD and pk3 probables for 8 or 9 months, but it's not as if I was broadcasting it (on the off chance I found something usable)

plainolebill
01-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Fair enough, but we were talking about data providers. Point him to a source if you know of one.

bigbrown
01-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the posted replies.

I am new here and I would also like to thank all the posters on this board for the altruistic content posted over the years: very impressive, it is great to be around (online) such people.

Glancing for a bit through the archives I realized that this board contains true pros, many of you building historical databases assembling data from various sources.

If any of you have historical data about exotic probables (especially exacta) and would like to share a sample (of course, if needed, for a price) I would truly appreciate if you can send me an email: bigbrowndwarf@gmail.com

I could not find any source (site, organization etc) that provide this type of data.

bb