PDA

View Full Version : The absolute lock of the century

cees with dees
01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
In Wednesday's first at Aqueduct, Ballado Alert did all the work chasing as a one way speed ball and lived to tell about it.
Several with perfect trips have come back to win out of that race and now Ballado draws the rail and will control this wire to window.
If we get $9 on this horse, it's a bigger gift than the statue of liberty.
Bet against at your own risk.
Ben

LottaKash
01-12-2009, 10:41 PM
In Wednesday's first at Aqueduct, Ballado Alert did all the work chasing as a one way speed ball and lived to tell about it.
Several with perfect trips have come back to win out of that race and now Ballado draws the rail and will control this wire to window.
Ben

CWD's, I believe you are on to a good thing tom'w, and to that, I say Very Good Luck....Get Em !!!...:jump:

But, why do I always grin, whenver I hear the word "Lock" ?.........

best,

lamboguy
01-13-2009, 06:39 AM
not only do i love the horse, i love the trainer. scott volk is as good as it gets!

if this horse wins i will try to complete the parlay on another race that day. i am just waiting to see how the horse comes out on the track!

JustRalph
01-13-2009, 08:06 AM
he is in decent form.......... and I do kind of like him, if it goes the way you say. I just don't think he gets the lead without some work. It appears to me that he has tossed in the towel before when being softened up at the same level here in NY.

I kind of like the 6-7 Maker bringing one in from CDX and the Lake Horse.

If Midnight Slammer #1 or Lakes #7 softens up your horse, it might get interesting............ The Levine Horse #3 is a wild card....what the hell does he do? Coming out of that 1 5/8's race where he went off 2-1 and folded up at the 2n call.......... where does he run in this one?

My software likes the 1 on the drop....... can he get the distance? ....... maybe I am making too much out of this one. Sometimes they look harder than they are.......

Robert Fischer
01-14-2009, 05:06 AM
can't believe i missed Hard Iron coming back off that race. :bang:

exactaplayer
01-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Personally I have always had a problem with a horse wiring the field in a route. I would play #6 Rovic's Wealth here except he needs a freshener. I am looking for either Lonely Highway (#3) or Eltish Star (#8) to pass this "lock" in the stretch.
Of course I am wrong more then I am right. ;)
May come back with another opinion after the post parade.

cees with dees
01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
If anyone thinks there's a horse able to run with Ballado early, you're in for a surprise.
The Levine dropper has for sale written all over him and the Lake horse had juice speed out of town.
I think Ballado will be clear around the track.
Whether he holds on or not is another story but this is about as nice a $25 claimer as you'll find and only because he was taken over by Scott Volk.
I'll be rooting.

cj's dad
01-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Cees-
I don't have a dog in this fight but I believe he will be hooked or pressed early with the #3 Lovely Hwy. and the #7 Jack on the Rocks and will be passed late by either the #6 Rovics Wealth or the #8 Eltish Star

Hope I'm wrong for your sake - good luck

cees with dees
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
If we all agreed, all winners would be 1-9.
If I fall apart, will give a yell for you.
Good luck
Ben

exactaplayer
01-14-2009, 12:28 PM
R1
:7::6:
R2
:2::5::6:
DD
:7::6:/:2::5::6:

pic6vic
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Ben

Ben

I love when someone steps out on a selection. Win or lose you had an angle that works for you and you shared with the rest of us. I do not pay attention to those who have 4 selections in a race.

Robert Fischer
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
that was bullshit
morales can't get him out of the gate??

big late money on the 3

the 6 would have been tough to beat after the way Maker improved him regardless, but that was a crappy way to ruin ballado alerts race before it even started

cees with dees
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
In my humble defense, he blew the start and I thought he needed the lead to win but he showed no run at all at any part of the race, so just another loser and now it's time to bail out for the day.
Thanks to everyone for their positive responses and input.
Makes it a pleasure not only to post but to step out on a limb.
This one unfortunately broke/
Best of luck to all.
Ben
P/S- The guy that liked the winner. Good pick. That one is the type I rarely use as I prefer speed to dead rock closers unless the scenario calls for one/

LottaKash
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey C w D's it's only race,:cool: of many more to come......:cool: ....I think when an early type doesn't fire, mostly it's physical...sore maybe? :(

best,

judd
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
just dont ever use the word lock again

cees with dees
01-15-2009, 09:29 AM
LOL.
Good idea.
I really thought he was though.
Looks like they may cancel today.
Snowing really hard.
Good luck to all at the other tracks.