PDA

View Full Version : do pols know what they are doing?

acorn54
01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
i read where the 700 billion dollars bailout to the financial industry was not monitored too closely by the government and they don't know where most of the money went.
personally it is no skin off my nose as i don't pay any taxes since i make less than 8950 a year in income and recieve social security disability.
but does anyone get the feeling that the politicians don't know what they doing as far as trying to fix the economy?
personally i would be pretty pissed off if i was a taxpayer seeing what the politicians are doing with the taxpayer's money.

LottaKash
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM
i
personally i would be pretty pissed off if i was a taxpayer seeing what the politicians are doing with the taxpayer's money.

Not me, I love to pay, and if and when they ever lower the takeout at the track, I will just win it all back.....:jump:......

Go Leaders GO.....!!!!!!!

best,

ArlJim78
01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
some of them don't know what they're doing, the rest are crooks.

many of us knew that bailout was a big boondoggle. remember that with straight faces they told us before that big vote, that it was likely not going to cost the taxpayer anything, because when they sold the securities they would make a profit! what a load of crap because we find out later that they scrapped the idea of buying up the securities even before the vote took place.

vote 'em all out I say.

PaceAdvantage
01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, considering the timing of everything, perhaps some indictments are in order. After all, those currently in power in big-business land feared a less business-friendly Obama admin coming to town, so they did all they could to get the big payoff while they could...

Now they want more...and Obama is leading the way in calling for the release of more funds.

And people keep electing these clowns, all the while telling me Palin is the idiot....:lol:

sandpit
01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe we should have elected Ross Perot???