PDA

View Full Version : Sycophants, Messiah syndrome, which is it?

JustRalph
01-10-2009, 08:36 PM
From the Dem Underground............These people actually exist......Good God! Where do these people come from? :bang:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8076204

CaliforniaPeggy (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-10-09 06:11 AM
Original message

He isn't running the country...yet...
But you can see it in his eyes...

And in the way he holds his shoulders...

The way he strides down the halls of power...

The way he answers the questions of reporters who aren't used to having them answered seriously...

The way he watches those around him, never missing a thing, never seeming to be off-guard...

The People's Business awaits him, and he knows it...

He is ready.

Welcome home, Mr. President-elect Obama...

Your people await you.

Thanks to everyone who has responded!
I woke up in the middle of the night, and these words were banging around inside me, demanding to be let out...

So I got up and here they are!

I am really honored that they touched so many of you...

Boris
01-10-2009, 09:52 PM
The American government is a reality show to these knuckleheads.

mostpost
01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Sometimes they even scare ME. I mean, I think he will do well. Probably very well. And I much prefer his ideas and philosophy, but that was just scary.:eek:

HUSKER55
01-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Just you watch. They will all sing a different tune when they get the bill. Even the great mesiah BO hasn't a clue. If he did, it would have been done by now. CITI corp needs more money and so does Stanly Morgan. The bailout failed and so will BO. Until people understand that these corps must go under and then let them go under the common man is just going to get squeezed some more.

If those auto companies are not making money now then how will they make money later? If the banks are not profitable then what makes you think they will be later?

The correct answer is that they will not. BO can not fix that.

boxcar
01-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Just you watch. They will all sing a different tune when they get the bill. Even the great mesiah BO hasn't a clue. If he did, it would have been done by now. CITI corp needs more money and so does Stanly Morgan. The bailout failed and so will BO. Until people understand that these corps must go under and then let them go under the common man is just going to get squeezed some more.

If those auto companies are not making money now then how will they make money later? If the banks are not profitable then what makes you think they will be later?

The correct answer is that they will not. BO can not fix that.

And I believe deep down, BO knows this. This would explain his marked tentative mood, which is reflected in just about everything he says. He's very unsure of himself.

Boxcar

dav4463
01-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Anybody ordered their Obama coin yet?

Marshall Bennett
01-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Anybody ordered their Obama coin yet?
No thanks , I'm waiting on the Delux commemorative stamp set !! :cool:

jballscalls
01-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Poetry is weird enough, let alone about a politician......gag

LottaKash
01-11-2009, 01:00 PM
With a little free time this am, I went to that url and perused it a wee bit.....Why is it that I suddenly feel the urge to start knitting a sweater or something ???.....With Dear Sweet Peggy that is.....:lol:

best,

toetoe
01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Jesus, I'm so sick of ants !!! (:Jumping up and coming back down.)

richrosa
01-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I expect that Obama does the same at his agenda as the ballyhooed "First 100 Days" of Nancy Pelosi. Too bad the media doesn't keep a checklist. I don't think she scored very well, even if we give her the first two years.

The only problem, since the Obama agenda was filled with platitudes, and not much else, how do we measure its success?

Tom
01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
If he does nothing for the first 100 days, he will have done exactly what he has said he will do. ;)

richrosa
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
If he does nothing for the first 100 days, he will have done exactly what he has said he will do. ;)

Republican or Democrat, politics are at their best, when they do NOTHING. I pray for this every day.

Marshall Bennett
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
A puppet president , he'll do whatever Pelosi and Reid tell him to do .

HUSKER55
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Did you hear him this am with Stephenopolis. He said things were not going to work as he thought during the campaign. :D

Do ya think????

BO wouldn't have told whoppers during a campaign would he? :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Why not? He's had time to learn from some of the best!

boxcar
01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Did you hear him this am with Stephenopolis. He said things were not going to work as he thought during the campaign. :D

Do ya think????

BO wouldn't have told whoppers during a campaign would he? :rolleyes:

Stpehen' must be one of BO's favorite reporters, especially since the guy was so quick on the draw to correct BO's little "freudian slip" about his "Muslim faith" during a pre-election interview. I guess The Obamanation doesn't forget little CMYA favors like that. :rolleyes:

The MM will do all it can to give BO cover during all these crises. I'm prayin' that BO will over-reach soon after WH occupation so as to create massive buyers' remorse and strong backlash. The sooner it happens, the better.

Boxcar

hcap
01-12-2009, 05:48 AM
"Muslim faith"
CMYA favors
create massive buyers' remorse and strong backlash. The sooner it happens, the better.
What idiocy! How are delusional things in lala land?
BTW, what ever happened to the big earth shattering birth certificate investigation?

If Obama fails, it will be due to what he inherits. Thanks to the loonies who supported our present fearless leader (soon to be gone!!!!!!!-8 more agonizing days.)

Tom
01-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Already with the excuses......:lol:

cj's dad
01-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Just wait until he starts touring the 57 statesWhat idiocy! How are delusional things in lala land?
BTW, what ever happened to the big earth shattering birth certificate investigation?

If Obama fails, it will be due to what he inherits. Thanks to the loonies who supported our present fearless leader (soon to be gone!!!!!!!-8 more agonizing days.)

boxcar
01-12-2009, 09:00 AM

Ahh...you mean just like how Bush inherited a crappy economy from your boy Clinton? But wait...back THEN, everything turned on a dime, remember? Bush was blamed for everything from his first day in office. Surely, you remember this? But it doesn't and won't work the same way for prez-elect stinkbomb BO?

Boxcar
P.S. Oh, yeah...that birth certificate issue -- no judge or court had the courage to look into it. After all, it would have been the racist thing to have done. :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
If Obama fails, it will be due to what he inherits.
Well , there ya go . The man hasn't even been sworn in and you're already giving him an excuse for failing . Liberals take no responsibility what so ever for their failures . They look for excuses and point fingers even before they fail . Why don't you be a man and admit it , you have your doubts about BHO just as many of us do . Hcap , you'll still be blaming Bush when your 90 and the wheel falls off your wheel chair .

cj's dad
01-13-2009, 01:13 PM

Let me ask you this: You are running for office and your opponents followers are (rightly or wrongly) questioning you place of birth. You can make absolute asses of them and once and for all put this (in your opinion) non-issue to rest by producing your birth certificate. As a matter of fact, you could make quite a production of it by holding a news conference and offering it as proof of your citizenship. Why would YOU not do that? Not some lackey of yours on a web site, but YOU?

I guarantee that you will not have a reasonable answer but rather will go into some convuleted tirade about the repugs and Bush.

Tom
01-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Yes, hcap is the Charles Rocket of Paceadvantage.

LottaKash
01-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Well , there ya go . The man hasn't even been sworn in and you're already giving him an excuse for failing .

I don't have any problem when he Swears.....My question is how to address him, when in his presence: Majesty, Excellency, Magnifcence or something ?...Do you suppose that will be good enough for him ?.....:jump:

best,

Tom
01-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't have any problem when he Swears.....My question is how to address him, when in his presence: Majesty, Excellency, Magnifcence or something ?...Do you suppose that will be good enough for him ?.....:jump:

best,

How about.....

LottaKash
01-13-2009, 04:02 PM
How about.....

Tom, that's about the best one I've seen yet.....I'm still laughing....:lol: ...Thx for the lift up.....:jump:

That's it, we shall call him "PaPa" (Pope)......."PaPa oSama"......and the first-lady shall be called "MaMa oSama"

best,

hcap
01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Let me ask you this: You are running for office and your opponents followers are (rightly or wrongly) questioning you place of birth. You can make absolute asses of them and once and for all put this (in your opinion) non-issue to rest by producing your birth certificate. As a matter of fact, you could make quite a production of it by holding a news conference and offering it as proof of your citizenship. Why would YOU not do that? Not some lackey of yours on a web site, but YOU?

I guarantee that you will not have a reasonable answer but rather will go into some convuleted tirade about the repugs and Bush.
We have had 2 or 3 threads on Obamas' birth certificate. Debunked. The birth certificate has been produced. Lawsuits have been dismissed The Supreme Court has determined it is not a viable case.

However extreme right-wing asses continue to make this a central point in their universe. Their Raison d'etre.

Question: If it has any merit why haven't any republican members of congress backed this nonsense and gone public? Held a news conference? Only washed up ex-congress member Alan Keyes has said anything.

As far as a tirade against bush? As he fades away I find him less annoying.
Of course he has had PLENTY of time to weigh in on the birth certificate issue.

Duh!

cj's dad
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
We have had 2 or 3 threads on Obamas' birth certificate. Debunked. The birth certificate has been produced. Lawsuits have been dismissed The Supreme Court has determined it is not a viable case.

However extreme right-wing asses continue to make this a central point in their universe. Their Raison d'etre.

Question: If it has any merit why haven't any republican members of congress backed this nonsense and gone public? Held a news conference? Only washed up ex-congress member Alan Keyes has said anything.

Of course he has had PLENTY of time to weigh in on the birth certificate issue.Duh!

I guarantee that you will not have a reasonable answer but rather will go into some convaluted tirade about the repugs and Bush.

I rest my case!!!

hcap
01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I thought I responded in a reasonable fashion. All lawsuit are bye-bye.
Not one judicial venue is actively pursuing this.
But you are correct.....
I rest my case!!!
Your case certainly NEEDS a long, long rest. :lol:

Marshall Bennett
01-13-2009, 07:15 PM

Thats BS , You'll always be annoyed with Bush .

hcap
01-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah the worst Preznit in my lifetime. A war criminal and a shredder of the constitution. Will I forget that? No way

However the few days left until he starts on his memoirs, and goes into oblivion-unless they indict him-brings some relief. So therefore I do find him less annoying.

In fact you are more annoying :lol:

Marshall Bennett
01-13-2009, 10:46 PM
In fact you are more annoying :lol:
You made my day !!

sandpit
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
If President Bush had conducted himself the previous eight years the way he did in his final press conference, I bet that some in the press would have been kinder to him. For the most part, he was candid, relaxed and friendly, which is probably much more what he is really like than the aloof sort that the Party personality shapers wanted him to be. Whether one likes or dislikes him, he was pretty direct in admitting to mistakes he made during his watch. I actually found it pretty refreshing, considering that I've never heard that out of any Congressman, even when they are convicted in a court of law (i.e., Ted Stevens).

I hope our next president can be that candid when he screws something up, which is inevitable.

JustRalph
01-14-2009, 07:20 AM
If President Bush had conducted himself the previous eight years the way he did in his final press conference, I bet that some in the press would have been kinder to him. For the most part, he was candid, relaxed and friendly, which is probably much more what he is really like than the aloof sort that the Party personality shapers wanted him to be. Whether one likes or dislikes him, he was pretty direct in admitting to mistakes he made during his watch. I actually found it pretty refreshing, considering that I've never heard that out of any Congressman, even when they are convicted in a court of law (i.e., Ted Stevens).

I hope our next president can be that candid when he screws something up, which is inevitable.

You are kidding right?

They can't hurt him now. They were never going to give him the benefit of the doubt, no matter what. Now that he has a week to go he can relax some. They can't hurt him much now. It didn't matter one bit how he acted during his tenure, after the Supreme Court had to hear the Al Gore fiasco and give Bush the win, it was all over before it started.

He is going to have to issue a pardon of his entire administration to avoid the shit stream that is going to follow him by the Crooks in Congress and other idiots who are calling for "War Crimes" prosecutions.

The only way he could make it worse would be by launching a missile strike on the Capital Building while Congress was in session.

Tom
01-14-2009, 07:38 AM
The only way he could make it worse would be by launching a missile strike on the Capital Building while Congress was in session.

:eek: I read that and I got a tingle in my leg!:eek:

JustRalph
01-18-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_vid_1847.shtml

nothing matters except Obama is President..........

Boris
01-18-2009, 07:58 AM
http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wbff_vid_1847.shtml

nothing matters except Obama is President..........

Too bad those passengers only had Capt. Sully instead of Obama. No one would have gotten wet.

dav4463
01-19-2009, 02:09 AM
I like Bush. I miss him. I'm glad he doesn't have to put up with all the crap anymore that he's endured for the past few years. History will be a lot kinder to him than the current media. They hated Lincoln more. They hated Jesus more.

richrosa
01-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I like Bush. I miss him. I'm glad he doesn't have to put up with all the crap anymore that he's endured for the past few years. History will be a lot kinder to him than the current media. They hated Lincoln more. They hated Jesus more.

Its today's media that history over the long view will not look kindly on. In twenty years media will be completely different, partly because of the irresponsibility of this group.

HUSKER55
01-19-2009, 09:22 AM
I heard on the talk shows that Pelosi wants to file crimnal charges against the Bush Adm. Wouldn't it be great. Seriously. Because they would have to open their books as well. Counter suits would be obvious result.

That gal might be a blessing in disguise. She stirs up the kettle and then slices her own throat with her own knife.

I could live with that.

jognlope
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
The African Americans of this country deserved this and needed this, not to mention the whole nation. Obama is a great man, a breath of fresh air, understands the incremental nature of government. I am relieved beyond relief that he is our president. I am willing to bet that crime lessens in the cities.

There will be disappointment. But until the free market gets behind small business and gets credit back in full swing, the bail out seems necessary. Greedy holders of money in this nation are the problem, not Obama -- banks withholding money, stock market fraud. So Obama has to do what he has to do. Other government waste can be cut. He needs to talk about the shifting of costs in government, not just that he's adding a huge bill.

witchdoctor
01-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Its today's media that history over the long view will not look kindly on. In twenty years media will be completely different, partly because of the irresponsibility of this group.

I doubt it. The media in 20 years will have been mentored by the Bozos(no offense to Bozo meant) that are running the show today. If you are not inlock step with the mainstream, will be banished to the morning news in West Texas.

Tom
01-19-2009, 11:00 AM
The African Americans of this country deserved this and needed this, not to mention the whole nation. Obama is a great man, a breath of fresh air, understands the incremental nature of government. I am relieved beyond relief that he is our president. I am willing to bet that crime lessens in the cities.

There will be disappointment. But until the free market gets behind small business and gets credit back in full swing, the bail out seems necessary. Greedy holders of money in this nation are the problem, not Obama -- banks withholding money, stock market fraud. So Obama has to do what he has to do. Other government waste can be cut. He needs to talk about the shifting of costs in government, not just that he's adding a huge bill.

Uh.......

JustRalph
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM

Wow.......you know, I don't know what to say? that doesn't happen often on this board............genuinely flabbergasted :bang: :bang:

JustRalph
01-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Rich, I hope you are right. 2008 was an interesting year.

In a short time Television news, Print Media, Wall Street Workers and anybody connected to Real Estate fell below Prostitutes on the list of those who should be trusted or considered professionals.

Of course they are still just above Congressmen and IRS agents......... I hope your prediction comes true........

prospector
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Rich, I hope you are right. 2008 was an interesting year.

In a short time Television news, Print Media, Wall Street Workers and anybody connected to Real Estate fell below Prostitutes on the list of those who should be trusted or considered professionals.

Of course they are still just above Congressmen and IRS agents......... I hope your prediction comes true........
at least the prostitutes take their money upfront...and provide a service for funds rendered..

ddog
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
different worlds for sure, i can't recall a day I ever considered "pros" below the groups you mentioned.

strange.

as they say, you wanted honesty go to a whore house you want to get screwed go to a lawyer-banker-pol-real-estate agent.

:lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Obama is a great man, a breath of fresh air, understands the incremental nature of government. I am relieved beyond relief that he is our president. I am willing to bet that crime lessens in the cities.Hasn't crime been going down in most big cities over the past 10 years or so?

In any event, I wonder how in the world you're able to formulate such a grand opinion of a man whose record is as thin as his body type.

jognlope
01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
There are many in Congress who have long records who I would feel less about. It's just a feeling about him and also based on what he says. That he has such a beleif in himself without a long record is a great sign, too.

Tom
01-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Many in congress have records all right......:D

boxcar
01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
There are many in Congress who have long records who I would feel less about. It's just a feeling about him and also based on what he says. That he has such a beleif in himself without a long record is a great sign, too.

Oh boy...and this is why he's been sounding so many tentative notes of late in just about everything he's been saying, right? Or do we have a situation whereby we must ask, "Will the real stinker (BO) please stand up? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

HUSKER55
01-19-2009, 11:13 PM
A phrase comes to mind, "cheap speed". I want to see how he does in the backstretch.

jognlope
01-20-2009, 07:16 AM
And yes, there will be no health insurance for the 47 mil, again.

And no, there was no health insurance for the 37 mil, again.

The people don't want it. Have you heard anybody say lately "OMG, when are we going to have national health insurance?"

They aren't clamoring for it out there; they're not clamoring for "planning against illness."

jognlope
01-20-2009, 07:25 AM
What do people do without insurance if they get cancer? Do they still get radiation and chemo?

dav4463
01-21-2009, 02:01 AM

I think you are right. Perhaps someday, real journalism will make a comeback!

HUSKER55
01-21-2009, 05:01 AM
dav

you're joking right? The last election proved everything is for sale and that includes journalism.

Horsefan
01-21-2009, 06:10 AM
I have a co worker in his 50's, a Democrat. Himself, and his 90 year old father, voted Republican for the first time ever this election. His explanation? "Obama scares me." This inaguration SCARED ME. Terrifying that in the age of super information via Internet, that no one wised up to how manipulative President Obama has been. How under the banner of "unity" he used class warfare non-stop, sexism, racism, age discrimination, AND SOUGHT TO SILENCE DISSENT THROUGH THE COURTS. Anyone who would have looked up "Saul Alinsky" could have put two and two together, seeing the method behind the madness of constantly stirring the pot- constantly convincing the public how miserable their existence is. Those Americans who did no research got their info via the press- who provided all the positive advertising Obama needed. Scary that we may never be able to trust the press again. When I move from FOX to CNN it is like watching the news for two different countries, and still neither of them could provide enough unbiased info on Obama. Now CNN has a slogan on the screen "No Bias, No Bull"- Sorry! Too little, too late.

Watching the uninformed fawn over this new President was scary. Mindless, emotional passion and special interests are a great threat to liberty. Yes We Can!!!! Yes we can do what? How's this for your first mission of "remaking" the United States- educate yourselves in History (great civilizations, war, freedom, FAILURE OF SOCIALISM WORLDWIDE), government, our Constitution and your freedom to be free of government. intervention in your life. Then teach your children well. In absence of education at home they get Hollywood 101, public schools and liberal leaning universities. I find it amazing that our country still strives to be conservative in the face of all of the early childhood indoctrination. Despite the media bias, if the economy had not tanked, I believe that McCain would have won. He performed well considering the conservatives who stayed away from the polls alltogether and him being so tremendously outspent. And running a shoddy campaign compared to Obama's smooth machine. A few things done differently, more education of our people, more organization and next time Yes WE Can.

Until then, whatever your political stripes- educate yourselves to keep this nation great and our people free. Be wary of those who use the "hate" and "race" cards anytime you disagree with them. The "victim" activist often cannot win on their own merits, and must resort to these attacks.
This is the part where I have to add the HOPE slogan. Without lying. Okay- I HOPE that President Obama limits government, keeps a strong military and embraces conservative principles. AND openly and often references the only real messiah there ever was- Jesus. With his cult leader powers Obama could become the greatest evangelist we have seen in awhile. Call it the Dreaming President Obama Will Change Hope. Because conservatives has EQUAL rights to liberals to dream, hope and even resist the changes planned by the uninformed masses.

JustRalph
01-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I've always hated what she has become in America, but this kind of thing has changed where she falls in the greater scheme of things.

My wife DVR's her show everyday, and I watch it sometimes with her, and with a crooked eye towards the Oprah agenda.

If you are a Conservative or just one of those 45% who voted against Obama........... this women has become a huge enemy of the Conservative nation. Remember this is the most watched women on Television. She has incredible influence in households every day. See this newsbusters report

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/01/24/oprah-show-glows-obama-light-new-age-here

Boris
01-24-2009, 05:09 PM
See this newsbusters report

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2009/01/24/oprah-show-glows-obama-light-new-age-here

When I read this line in the link:
Ali Wentworth, the wife of George Stephanopoulos
I threw up in my mouth a little. I've always been comfortable thinking he was gay.

toetoe
01-24-2009, 06:38 PM
More terrifying words were never heard than:

"Obama is a great man ..."

"It's just a feeling about him ..."

"The African Americans of this country deserved this ..." (Gawd, what did they do to you to rate this treatment ? I understand the statement was made in the heat of post-electoral ejaculation, but it's over the top --- NOT that I would EVER constrain your right to say it.)

I pessimistically rate your opinion as quite prevalent, and for this I am very afraid. :eek: ... :( .

Lefty
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
"it's just a feeling about him"
Proof that libs and the uninformed are about emotions and not logic.
Obama stirred up an emotional response in these two groups.
The schools are working: They are churning out uninformed liberals at a pretty good clip.

jognlope
01-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Okay since you know it all, back up your feeling that he's not so great with some objective data why he's not.

ddog
01-26-2009, 04:34 PM
"it's just a feeling about him"
Proof that libs and the uninformed are about emotions and not logic.
Obama stirred up an emotional response in these two groups.
The schools are working: They are churning out uninformed liberals at a pretty good clip.

I looked into his soul , he's a good man , we can deal with him.

that kinda feeling?

????

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Obama "We cannot have distractions (EDUCATION-DISSENT VIA LIMBAUGH), we cannot delay (GIVE THE MASSES TIME TO THINK)

Push that "stimulate the Democrat party package" through!

Hitler even brought those AGAINST him into his crowds at his speeches- knowing that the sheer numbers of people was what counted most. He said "You gotta get big crowds. In big crowds people stop thinking and start feeling." In big crowds "people don't listen they just react."

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Back up the feeling with info about why Obama is an unaccomplished man? Not enough time- the info is easy to find on the Internet.

Not stellar grades, mid east gentleman got him into Harvard.

Least accomplished Harvard Law Review president, produced volume least referred to. Nothing penned under his name. No thesis?

Did NOTHING as a lawyer (legal writer)

Crime not improved, situations not improved by his community organizer work.

Avoided votes- voted present. Hillary Clinton " . . . and Barack Obama gave a speech in 2005."- summed up accomplishments. His books? Failures until he ran for office.

How do translate lack of accomplishments? Oh yeah, he accomplished running for and being elected president. Someone tell me what he did?
NOTHING. Hillary said it many times. Bill Clinton gave the best quote of the campaign "he's the biggest fairytale I've ever seen."
Too bad America likes fairytales over substance.

Lefty
01-26-2009, 04:51 PM
jogn, what's he done? In he signed legislation that would prevent medical care to a baby that survived an abortion. that while a senator. He voted "present" 152 times while Senator. Some decisive guy, eh what?
Hew just signed an order to close Gitmo. This order STOPPED military tribunals against terrorists that have killed American citizens.
He just signed an order to federally fund abortions all over the world.
He sat in a church 20 yrs and declared he had never heard any of Rev Wrights
racist statements. Those statements were also displayed in the Church Gift Shop.
He started his political career in the home of a Terrorist. Bill Ayres who bombed police stations and the Pentagon.
He made deals with Tony Resko a Chicago gangster that put millions in Reskos pocket. Resko helped Obama get a lower price on his home.
That's just for starters...

Now, what do YOU think is great about Obama.

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:10 PM
bush got elected(bought) gvrnr , nothing outside of that other than what was handed to him on a silver platter in order to dress him up as someone with an accomplishment.

then he got elected(bought) president, so bama(bought) senator/prez bush/business failure/(bought) gvrn/preznt , if possible worse scholastic than bama.

seems a wash to me.

Lefty
01-26-2009, 05:16 PM
dog, What's the difference if Bush came from a rich family? Do you think anyone who comes from rich families should be disqualified from being President?
BTW, your post does not answer the q, what do you think is great about Obama?

ddog
01-26-2009, 05:55 PM
dog, What's the difference if Bush came from a rich family? Do you think anyone who comes from rich families should be disqualified from being President?
BTW, your post does not answer the q, what do you think is great about Obama?

it's fine bush came from a rich family. no sweat off my nuts at all.
I am glad for the guy.

to think that his accomplishments outside of that had little to do with him getting where he was , since you guys seem to gloss over that in your bama comparisions is the point.

as to what's so great about bama, i would say the fact that he appears to have gotten where he has WITHOUT the benefit , directly, of a rich family start would at least put him on a par starting out with bush.

I can't name anything great about either of them in regards to this.

I know if you were picking which shoes to be born into which one you would pick.

that's all.

jognlope
01-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I cannot tell you how infuriated I am over umpteen million in the stimulus plan going to landscaping the Washington mall. that's some loony democrat sticking bad money after bad people into a stellar president's plan. It stinks and I bet you 20 to 1 with Pat Day aboard, Obama hates that the plan contains these stinky porks. What the hell is $70 or is it $700 million to landscape the Washington Mall? I don't even mind the $200 mil to Planned Parenthood, because I think these poor young teens need it.

Anyway, we will never know what's Obama and what's the loony, stinky greedy Democrat who has had power for years....

I will tell you one thing. Bogavovitch or whatever his name is who is being impeachd in Illinois. It's bogus. He did nothing wrong. He talked off the cuff on a couple phone conversations. You'll see. He will reap much harvest from what the media syncophants are reaping... JUST WATCH!!!!!

Lefty
01-26-2009, 06:15 PM
dog, your post read as if your nuts were plenty wet.

Horsefan
01-26-2009, 06:27 PM
WITHOUT the help of a rich family? Not true. Incorrect information. I knew this already but it took me a couple of minutes to bring it up. Maybe others can do the same, instead of putting out incorrect info for all to take as the truth.

From "Who Paid For Obama's Harvard Law Education?" by Rick Honcho.-

Dr. Khalid Abdullah Tariq al Mansour- Legal rep for the Saudi royal family in the US, investment advisor to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal- who's $10 million 9/11 donation was rejected by Rudy Guiani when the Prince later blamed American policies for 9/11 (Obama also hinted at this in the Oct. 2001 Chicago Defender). Khalid is an influential lawyer, orthodox Muslim, black nationalist, author, international deal maker, educator and outspoken enemy of Israel. Khalid mentored Black Panther Party founders Huey Newton and Bobby Seale. His latest videos have anti Semitic theories and anti Israel vitriol. He authored the 1995 book "The Lost Books Of Africa Rediscovered", in which he alleged the United States was/had plotted genocide against black Americans.

Handouts from the inner circle of the Saudi royal family for the last 25 years? But that's not what it's about is it? Just a desire to argue endlessly and one up others? Always ending up back at Bush. Bush is history. Obama is now. Let's live in reality, REAL facts and the present. So many Americans don't know any of this stuff. Shouldn't they? Doesn't anyone care about dropping the name calling and teaching others?

PS- Whatever Khalid didn't pay for/raise funds for, Harvard took over for by being an affirmative action college. Obama's grades were not stellar but the same skin color helped him here that got him a free pass to become president (in my opinion)

toetoe
01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Okay, disprove jognlope's assertion that B. Khomeini Obama is not a regular old fraud/thief/politician ? I can not disprove that negative; it's just that the Great Leap (backward) of Faith, the mad rush to osculate his scrotum sweeps away all obstacles in its path, such as the fact that he has done NOTHING. Forget the backroom dealing and backstabbing that HAD to occur in Chicago. I didn't see it and I don't care. I'm talking about service on the federal level, with a possible exception for serving as a governor.

Nor do I "just get a feeling about him," and if I did, I would not trust it enough to vociferate either way. That's no way to start a honeymoon --- with a perfect stranger. Michelle should be ashamed of her countrymen. I just want to know what happened to proving oneself through service ? This business about good feelings and smooth orators is creepy as he!!. :eek:

toetoe
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I forgot to mention my documentary about the campaign:

The Mendacity of Hype. It's just incredible, ya know ? :jump:

jognlope
01-26-2009, 08:02 PM
ToeToe, you probably are a more practical person who relies on data. But the data is pretty darn good from our president just in the last 2 days. Past record doesn't mean much to me, just priorities for the future, determination, goodness, a working knowledge of being the working poor!! and passion.

And now I'm drinking warm water with maple syrup, because I heard gastroenteritis is going around in town this winter like last, and I'm trying to avoid ...... upchucking. (not because of posts here).

Lefty
01-26-2009, 08:39 PM
jognlope, past record doesn't mean much? You kiddin? You're a horseplayer, presumebly, but past records don't mean much? How do we judge anyone, except from past records?

Tom
01-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I'd say his first two days have been a horror story.
The man is the Anti-Christ for sure.

JustRalph
01-27-2009, 01:27 AM
400 Mil for abortions overseas............ nice! :bang:

ddog
01-27-2009, 02:01 AM
dog, your post read as if your nuts were plenty wet.
that you can't comprehend written words is not at issue.
you have proven that over and over.

ddog
01-27-2009, 02:02 AM
400 Mil for abortions overseas............ nice! :bang:

cheaper to let them abort than to spend a couple million bucks to kill 'em later.

send more pills.

Lefty
01-27-2009, 02:06 AM
dog, I have made more money writing articles and short stories than you, i'll bet. The Problem with you, just like zilly and lbj(what happened to them) is that you're short on argument and long on putdowns.

ddog
01-27-2009, 02:18 AM
WITHOUT the help of a rich family? Not true. Incorrect information. I knew this already but it took me a couple of minutes to bring it up. Maybe others can do the same, instead of putting out incorrect info for all to take as the truth.

From "Who Paid For Obama's Harvard Law Education?" by Rick Honcho.-

Dr. Khalid Abdullah Tariq al Mansour- Legal rep for the Saudi royal family in the US, investment advisor to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal- who's $10 million 9/11 donation was rejected by Rudy Guiani when the Prince later blamed American policies for 9/11 (Obama also hinted at this in the Oct. 2001 Chicago Defender). Khalid is an influential lawyer, orthodox Muslim, black nationalist, author, international deal maker, educator and outspoken enemy of Israel. Khalid mentored Black Panther Party founders Huey Newton and Bobby Seale. His latest videos have anti Semitic theories and anti Israel vitriol. He authored the 1995 book "The Lost Books Of Africa Rediscovered", in which he alleged the United States was/had plotted genocide against black Americans.

Handouts from the inner circle of the Saudi royal family for the last 25 years? But that's not what it's about is it? Just a desire to argue endlessly and one up others? Always ending up back at Bush. Bush is history. Obama is now. Let's live in reality, REAL facts and the present. So many Americans don't know any of this stuff. Shouldn't they? Doesn't anyone care about dropping the name calling and teaching others?

PS- Whatever Khalid didn't pay for/raise funds for, Harvard took over for by being an affirmative action college. Obama's grades were not stellar but the same skin color helped him here that got him a free pass to become president (in my opinion)

I like your last ps, i am to take the funding was minimal, perhaps you know and can post this.

while you're at it lookup bushes grades since you bring up the affirmative action deal.
only way he got in was becuase his old man was an alum.

you want teaching , lookup the following Talat Othman - Muslim Brotherhood - Rove/norquist's Islamic Institute - Harken Energy - Willam Cellini and his development corp in illinois - a noted republican and donor to bush also rezcos 3.8 million fundraiser for bush.

rezco is tied at the hip to muslim goofballs as are the bushes.

if you can add you will see the whole deal you are ranting about is senseless, they are both bama and the bushes bought/influenced by others.

good luck.

ddog
01-27-2009, 02:25 AM
dog, I have made more money writing articles and short stories than you, i'll bet. The Problem with you, just like zilly and lbj(what happened to them) is that you're short on argument and long on putdowns.

Weeellll good for you......

more hot air and chest beating, what the hell do i care if you write stories?
what's that got to do with the price of tea in china?

you can't refute a thing i post so you just repost the same old tired lines over and over and over and over.

just like cjs dad you seem to internalize everything and take it as a personal affront.
maybe that's what makes your "replies" so lame.

P.S. feel free to help out 'fan , since a noted author such as yourself must have a crack eye for research so you should be able to spin out a tale on that in no time.

ddog
01-27-2009, 02:34 AM
@h'fan, as to handouts from the saudis over the last 25 years, i doubt you can find many higher up that list than the Carlye group and their buddies.

look it up, the knowledge is there for you.