PDA

View Full Version : Who still does parlays?

strapper
01-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I always hoped tracks would provide an automatic parlay type bet to make it easier than rebetting yourself to carry out one. I believe the technology is there, isn't it? If so, why don't more tracks offer it.

tribecaagent
01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I always hoped tracks would provide an automatic parlay type bet to make it easier than rebetting yourself to carry out one. I believe the technology is there, isn't it? If so, why don't more tracks offer it.

I know nyra does, but nyc otb doesn't, so we must be at the track.

If I like 3-5 horses on any given day, I set-up a round robin. This is the most underated play in history.

ralph_the_cat
01-10-2009, 08:01 PM

I dont usually parlay with online accounts for some reason, but at the track, I always start out the day like that before I get to the juicy exotics, and then I usually end the day the same way... I remember reading a few months back that twinspires has a bunch of new options in the works... including bets made the day before, incase you're traveling and have a nice horse you cant get to, and bets that include "If's".... "If" this ticket hits then bet this....etc.... I guess we'll see what they come up with in the next year or so....

cnollfan
01-10-2009, 11:41 PM
If I like 3-5 horses on any given day, I set-up a round robin. This is the most underated play in history.

Years ago I played round robins for a while. I remember them being great fun. Don't remember why I drifted away from them.

Alyblakester
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I would love to see FG put in parlay-type bet. It's great for their handle if people start doing it to show....the money will churn and churn for them to get their cut.

pandy
01-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I've always liked Round Robins and I wish the tracks or ATWs had ways that we could bet them.

whyhorseofcourse
01-13-2009, 12:38 AM
I always do my own little parlays for action.
I do exacta parlays and show parlays.
9 out of 10 times I chicken out after I get to $40-$50 dollars.
Its quite fun though.

Fingal
01-13-2009, 11:46 AM
S. Cal tracks have a parlay card that lets you do up to 6 races , any combination of win, place or show. But if you're on track during the afternoon races, why would you fill one out ? Why not make the individual bets for each race while taking out an amount that will guarantee yourself a profit if not at least your initial investment back ? If one goes to advance play in the mornings, or leaves early during the afternoon, there it makes sense.

cj's dad
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I've always liked Round Robins and I wish the tracks or ATWs had ways that we could bet them.

This past weekend a friend of mine had a 4 team Round Robin in the NFL playoffs- I had never heard the term- could you explain and is it the same principle in football as horse racing?

Go Ravens !!

LottaKash
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
S. Cal tracks have a parlay card that lets you do up to 6 races , any combination of win, place or show. But if you're on track during the afternoon races, why would you fill one out ? Why not make the individual bets for each race while taking out an amount that will guarantee yourself a profit if not at least your initial investment back ? If one goes to advance play in the mornings, or leaves early during the afternoon, there it makes sense.

How do the they implement the takeout in a parlay such as this.....???

It seems if the takeout was lower on a parlay bet, that it would make sense to make the parlay instead of handing out the normal rake on individual wagers......:cool:

best,

cnollfan
01-13-2009, 03:55 PM
This past weekend a friend of mine had a 4 team Round Robin in the NFL playoffs- I had never heard the term- could you explain and is it the same principle in football as horse racing?

Go Ravens !!

A round robin is a series of two-team or two-horse parlays. Say you like # 1 in the first, # 2 in the second, # 3 in the third and # 4 in the fourth. You would bet a 1-2 parlay, 1-3 parlay, 1-4 parlay, 2-3 parlay, 2-4 parlay and 3-4 parlay.

cj's dad
01-14-2009, 07:43 AM
A round robin is a series of two-team or two-horse parlays. Say you like # 1 in the first, # 2 in the second, # 3 in the third and # 4 in the fourth. You would bet a 1-2 parlay, 1-3 parlay, 1-4 parlay, 2-3 parlay, 2-4 parlay and 3-4 parlay.

Thanx 4 the info