PDA

View Full Version : FastCapper2001

Myhorse1_X
07-14-2001, 03:51 PM
FastCapper2001

Has anyone had any experience using this program? The pars are from none other than our own Dave Schwartz.

I have found that the downloading of the files is very expensive from Cynthia Publishing ($100/mo), and entering the data by hand is like returning to the stone age.

Tell me!!!

myhorse1

Lefty
07-15-2001, 12:35 AM
A better deal is to hop over to betovernet.com and grab
the special on ALLINONE. It's got lots more bells and whistles than Fastcapper. I use HSH now, but if I didn't
i'd use ALLINONE.

andicap
07-15-2001, 07:18 AM
Forget All-in-One. Check out the great pissing match between betovernet.com (Dick Mitchell's company) and handicapping.com (George Kaywood). Go to betovernet and check out the note from its CEO Jimmy "Wasp" Lane (anyone know him or ever heard of him? Dave? Dick?) about Kaywood.
And great dirt about Joe Takach.

I honestly don't know who to believe here but it's funny as hell.

The only thing I know through my 11-year experience with some of these people (mainly second-hand stuff from various people I've met or talked to along the way) is that they are never what they seem. (Except for Brohamer, who no one will say a bad word against).

Myhorse1_X
07-15-2001, 09:03 AM
FastCapper:

I wish to hear from someone that uses FastCapper. I appreciate your comments, but I still would like to hear from someone that uses it.

Myhorse1

andicap
07-15-2001, 09:08 AM
Not to advertise cometing boards (This is the best), but check over at www.netcapper.com or cynthiapub.com. People on the boards there are more likely to use this product.

Lefty
07-15-2001, 12:02 PM
I've used Fastcapper and it's pretty good, BUT it's stripped dn version of ALLINONE. Why not get the big
prgm while it's cheap? Believe me, between Fastcapper
and ALLINONE I'll take the latter and now it's cheap as
Fastcapper. Believe me, i'm not trying to sell you anything and could care less as I use HSH.
If you use Allinone it makes models, and gives you several charts such as overlay/underlay what works best at certain trks based on model. Fastcapper doe not.
My last word on subject but if I could buy a Lincoln or
a plain old Ford at close to same price well, you decide.
Good luck whatever you do.

JimG
07-18-2001, 05:56 PM
Andicap:

I agree with what you said about Brohamer always going unscathed when these name handicappers/authors start ripping one another. In fact most of what I have read from others about Tom B. is he is one of the best handicappers out there.

Could be he is the real deal while the others...Wasp, Quinn, Kaywood, etc. wish they were?

Jim

Myhorse1_X
07-18-2001, 06:44 PM
Tom Brohammer:

I was fortunate to have lunch with Tom Brohammer and to talk to him personally about handicapping. Tom is a real person, a gentlemen, and I think that he along with Michael Pizzolla is a real nice guy, and has always been helpful to others.

Myhorse1

Tom
07-18-2001, 09:32 PM
Dittos to comments about Tom B and Mike P
Fine gentlemen, good techers and good handicappers.
I was lucky enough to be at seminars with not only these two winners but our own Dick Schmidt aswell.
PIRCO was truly a great experience that is missed every August. When I drive to Saratoga I pass the Desmond Americana where they held the seminars and I always pull in just to peek in the back door by the "big" room and bring back some fine memories.

About Lefty's comment about buying a Lincoln or a Ford... how fond are you of firely craches, bad seat belts, or roll overs? Ford is the rich man's version of an overdose of sleeping pills.
Tom