PDA

View Full Version : The New Eceonomy

HUSKER55
01-10-2009, 06:27 AM
I was listening to Jim Kramer, Chris Mathews and O'Reilyy the other night and Jim said that by the 21st Obama had better have 3 million new jobs. Before he could take a breath he was cut off.

How is the construction industry gong to help the economy in the long haul? I do not think construction jobs pay anywhere near what those factory and "office type" people were used to making. Benefits will not be there. How is the "office type" person going to compete in construction?

I am trying to picture a CEO from the banking industry swinging a hamer:lol:
Poetic,..yes. Practical,...no. ($40,000 an hour down to $20 / hour)

If the industries go away then what is left? I think our government is about to implode. Would you believe the topic of conversation fo women in America was "What will MO wear to the ball?"

My guess is it will take a week to get over the hang over and a month to get rid of the party goers who are left over.

BO was right about one thing. Change has come.

We in for a ride.

boxcar
01-10-2009, 09:50 AM
BO was right about one thing. Change has come.

He was half right; for I don't believe there's much hope for this contry.

We in for a ride.

....and a very bumpy one.

Boxcar

jballscalls
01-10-2009, 11:17 AM
whats funny is that conservatives have always called the liberals the doom and gloomers, always painting america as bad. Now the liberals are optimistic and the conservatives are doom and gloom. funny what losing an election can do to a persons beliefs.

seems people are more loyal to their party than they are their country.

Lefty
01-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Libs are optimistic? Obama said we would face trillions in deficits for yrs and yrs. Don't sound optimistic to me.

boxcar
01-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Libs are optimistic? Obama said we would face trillions in deficits for yrs and yrs. Don't sound optimistic to me.

You took the words right out my mouth. BO is as about as negative and skeptical as they come. Let's review some of this stuff:

Before the election when the BO campaign was briefed on intelligence reports, what came out Biden's mouth? We could be in for rough time and the action that BO might take won't sit well with some people. But it will be the right action and we ask for your support during this time....blah, blah, blah.

And what about all these crises? Everything is painted negatively because everything is a crisis. Everything demands immediate action because if we don't act now, things are going to get worse. Doesn't sound very positive to me.

And I still predict that we'll be in crisis mode for a very long time with various issues because the dems will want to take advantage of and play to the people's fears, and they'll do this by insisting on very quick action on just about everything with little or no debates, lest things even get worse. Upcoming crises, that are looming right over the horizon, will be the healthcare system and the environment. Count on it.

All very positive sounding, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

jballscalls
01-10-2009, 03:30 PM

wasnt speaking of the politicians, more speaking about the left people and left media, aka 95% of the media

PaceAdvantage
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
seems people are more loyal to their party than they are their country.You can say that again!

skate
01-14-2009, 06:59 PM
certainly, a good point.

to expand a little, i'll say that people will stay on "present thought process/path", rather than looking for a new path.

B.O., seems, to have more going for him than any recent (60 yrs) president (aside from joey bidin ie). Which means, his own people, his own party are likely to turn on him.

Lefty
01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
B.O. trails the stench of leftwing politics as usual. Massive govt prgms. The fool says the govt is the only thing that can cure the economy. Crap. Govt is the problem, not the solution. the leftists view the producers as the evil ones and the layabouts as victims that need govt help. He will dismantle the Bush policies that kept us safe since 9-11./
B.O. is his correct initials alright.

cj's dad
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Lefty- your user ID betrays your idealogical position.:) B.O. trails the stench of leftwing politics as usual. Massive govt prgms. The fool says the govt is the only thing that can cure the economy. Crap. Govt is the problem, not the solution. the leftists view the producers as the evil ones and the layabouts as victims that need govt help. He will dismantle the Bush policies that kept us safe since 9-11./
B.O. is his correct initials alright.

Dave Schwartz
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah, that would be Lefty - to the left.

Dad-o, boy have you got this one wrong.

Lefty is the poster child for the right, handsome guy that he is. (Personally, I like that about him.)

I think the funniest thing about the political reversal is that the left is now calling for the right to (basically) "get behind your president," an ironic position with their lack of get-behindness during the last 8 years.

But, hey, listen to me... forgetting for a moment that I am a fully-committed apathetic now.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: Hmmm... the Apathy party - for people who just don't care any more. Might make a great t-shirt.