PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Iraqi POWs

sq764
04-05-2003, 10:08 AM
As I noticed there were in excess of 5,000 Iraqi POWs, I was thinking, what are we going to do with them?
Once the war is over and our pseudo-government is in, do we just dump them back into the Iraqi population?

What about the Iraqi soldiers that surrendered? Should they be handled differently?

Tom
04-05-2003, 10:18 AM
I am sure France, Russia, and Germany wold love to take them into thier homes and feed them.
Seriously, it is going to be a task, considering you have a rather high percentage of them that are absolutely insane. You want ot free the decent people and give them back thier country, but how do you tell the people from the madmen?
BTW, a mighty big thank you to the Iraqi lawyer (!) who risked life and limb to free our POW. I heard we have aken him and his family out of harms way and are caring for him. Great news. This is a guy I nominate for the first real Iraqi president.

sq764
04-05-2003, 10:25 AM
That lawyer gives you one example of why not to hate all Iraqi people and lump them together.

I am still waiting for a French lawyer to change my mind :-)

BillW
04-05-2003, 12:07 PM
We should probably turn these people over to the Iraqis as prisoners to be dispositioned. It will serve as an educational experience in a free judicial system and allow them to determine the threat these people present. After all they are going to have to live with that threat.

Re. French lawyers: it is my hope that you will have ample opportunity to evaluate French lawyers as they talk their way out of all the French UN resolution violations that we uncover.

Bill

kenwoodall
04-06-2003, 04:19 AM
Send them to North Korea as shooting instructors!!