PDA

View Full Version : MS Windows 7 Beta

dutchboy
01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
In 6 hours you will be able to download the first public beta version of windows 7. It is limited to the first 2.5 million users. It also requires you to have MS vista installed.

It will not work if you only have XP installed on your pc.

Dick Schmidt
01-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Looking forward to skipping VISTA altogether and going from XP to W7. I know you can't do that now, but it will be possible in the future. I know a couple of people on the "inside" and they all say that W7 is wonderful. Vista slimmed down and all the bugs worked out. Should be released late this year or early 2010.

Dick

Socialized medicine: all the skill & warmth of DMV workers, now at your nearest government clinic!

bigchump
01-27-2009, 10:43 AM
DON'T INSTALL WIN7 ON YOUR MAIN COMPUTER OR NETWORK SERVER!
MicroSoft is quite capable of f...... this one up just like Vista.
Use a spare computer.
Do a Google search on ISO and USB bootable, if you don't know ISO.
Here is the link:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd353205.aspx

I upgraded from Vista64 to Win7-64.
I had nothing but GRIEF with Vista64 and Visual Studio 8 Pro.
I've had Win7 up and running for four days with no serious problems.
The only issue I've noticed is XpressBet "Pro" doesn't display properly.
I never liked "Pro" or XpressBet very much. "Classic" runs OK.
Win7 *appears* to have fixed the problems I was having with VS8.
VS users who are sick of that "We're sorry...." message should upgrade.

Anyone else using WIN7?

JustRalph
01-27-2009, 02:32 PM
for the record.......... I run Vista 64 , and it runs just fine. I did have some old programs that won't run.........but that is normal............

BillW
01-27-2009, 02:40 PM
for the record.......... I run Vista 64 , and it runs just fine. I did have some old programs that won't run.........but that is normal............
... for Windows! ;)

raybo
02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I, also, run Vista (Home Premium)and have had absolutely no problem of any kind, related to the OS. I switched to the "Classic" style soon after I started running Vista (just my preference) and the OS runs as good as , or better than, XP Pro.

PS. I never switch to a new OS until the major bugs are remedied. Just as I never buy a new car model the first year it becomes available. Just common sense.

DJofSD
02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
More stuff to read on the CNET (http://news.cnet.com/Windows-7-Moving-beyond-Vista/2009-1016_3-6247263.html?tag=rtcol;newsNow) site. Couldn't help but note there's some folks complaining about security issues in W7 already.