PDA

View Full Version : Jon Court leaving CA.

Rocklane
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
What took him so long? I can't understand why many of the So. Cal. jocks are sticking around. Short fields, falling purses, high rent, and fierce competition for mounts has to make it difficult to make ends meet.
Are any others going to defect?

Nice board BTW.

lamboguy
01-07-2009, 10:12 PM
the truth of the matter is that california racing is a tad below new york and kentucky, and for the most part florida racing.

i have been noticing plenty of horses leaving so. cal getting beat lately in turf paradise and sunland. by comparison after the last tampa meet those horses were winning no matter where they went. the guys sending horses from new york to california win most of the time. i guess its not the same as it used to be there.

the worst i have been hearing lately is that the synthetic surface is bad for horses to breath. i have no clue what they accomplished by switching surfaces this time. so when a trainer has a big horse in california he sends them back east to train and run.

thespaah
01-07-2009, 11:37 PM
What took him so long? I can't understand why many of the So. Cal. jocks are sticking around. Short fields, falling purses, high rent, and fierce competition for mounts has to make it difficult to make ends meet.
Are any others going to defect?

Nice board BTW.To where is he moving his tack?

Zaf
01-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Oaklawn

Z

JustRalph
01-08-2009, 02:42 AM
it is expensive out there. It's all relative unless you aren't winning any races

I watched a show on HGTV or some damn network where some wingnut paid 440k for a 600 sq foot apartment in Paris France and he was estatic to get it......he was excited that he had a "bedroom door" that seperated the two rooms......... :bang: :bang: ...... :lol:

thespaah
01-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Oaklawn

ZThen at the conclusion of that meet?

JCB
01-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Since when is it about the quality of racing? It's all about money and the ability to make it. If Suffolk Downs offered $100k purses every race, a lot of the the top jockeys would be riding there.

socantra
01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Oaklawn

Court has a riding title or two from Oaklawn. He was a regular there before California. also Louisiana and part of the midwest as I remember.

ezrabrooks
01-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I think of Court as being a LAD rider, but I think he also did well in KY. How old is he? Seems to have been around for a while, and has to be pushing 50.

Ez

Fingal
01-08-2009, 03:51 PM
All previous questions are answered in the article from DRF-

http://www.drf.com/news/article/100893.html

toetoe
01-08-2009, 04:14 PM
lambo,

Sorry to nag, but "the truth of the matter," "I have been noticing" and "the worst I have been hearing" don't tell me much. If we factor in the rating, per another thread, of the California group as the "worst jockeys in America," we must deduce that he's awful. (I actually love the guy. :ThmbUp: )