PDA

View Full Version : Will Lone Star get scolded?

PurplePower
04-04-2003, 09:09 PM
As I watch Rita Helton bring a runner back to the paddock for first rider change of the Lone Star meeting I am wondering if Lone Star will get the same kind of email and "scolding" that SHRP does. While on the subject of improvements - what do y'all think about the Lone Star post parade show? We will have to learn how to judge "butts" for half the field. But they have Willie there tonight and the trifecta in the third insured a good weekend.

cj
04-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Admittedly, I don't watch Sam Houston or Lone Star, but this jockey change thing must be a Texas thing. Does anyone see this anywhere else? I know, unless the jock is injured, the named jockey rides, period!

Is Lone Star still on TVG?

CJ

PurplePower
04-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Is Lone Star still on TVG? CJ
No. And Texas residents are restricted from wagering on Lone Star anywhere in Texas other than at a pari mutuel facility. Don't know about the offshore guys and don't know if I could open an account with the Horse Racing Network. I just live three miles from SHRP and my office has a 48 inch TV, four 19 inch TVs, a long conference table for a desk, a S.A.M. machine and this computer that may have been put together in the 80's - ah, but it works.

JustRalph
04-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Purple...sounds like a nice office setup.......

Can I come visit sometime?

PurplePower
04-04-2003, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JustRalph

Can I come visit sometime? [/QUOTE
You BET!!!! - Anytime -- I'll even use some Sam Bucks for lunch at the food court.

GR1@HTR
04-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Hehe PP. Just got back from Bone Star. SMF and I were laughing about the same subject earlier. One Eyed Willie Nelson is having a concert after the races and that place is full of die hard Willie lovers taking up space...had to get the heck out of there....

superfecta
04-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by PurplePower
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JustRalph

Can I come visit sometime? [/QUOTE
You BET!!!! - Anytime -- I'll even use some Sam Bucks for lunch at the food court. Hey ,here's a thought for your bettors at PA,Reid.How about a day at SHRP in honor of the PA posters?A good day would be one of the days you have the qualifying for the NTRA handicapping contest,maybe name a race for us and let us get our picture in the winners circle.Should be a good turnout if we get enough lead time to plan it out.

PurplePower
04-05-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by superfecta
Hey ,here's a thought for your bettors at PA,Reid.How about a day at SHRP in honor of the PA posters?A good day would be one of the days you have the qualifying for the NTRA handicapping contest,maybe name a race for us and let us get our picture in the winners circle.Should be a good turnout if we get enough lead time to plan it out.

That would be great. Our NTRA qualifier is October 5th according to our current calendar. We can make it a summer Quarter Horse festival - play some serious TB action in the afternoon (Del Mar and Saratoga are running then) then have some fun with the short tails in the evening. Bring your wives, girl friends or best buddy - both the men and women wear tight fitting jeans during QH season.

PurplePower
04-05-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by GR1@HTR
Hehe PP. Just got back from Bone Star. SMF and I were laughing about the same subject earlier. One Eyed Willie Nelson is having a concert after the races and that place is full of die hard Willie lovers taking up space...had to get the heck out of there....
Hey - -you guys didn't stay around for Willie. You could have done some serious "physicality" selecting. (You and Steve have a much better view "on the scene" than we are getting on the simo feed - of both the two and four legged critters.)