PDA

View Full Version : Horseplayers Association of North America

Foolish Pleasure
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
“They are betting less or they are sitting on the sidelines,” said Platt, whose organization includes about 500 members. “And a lot of the bigger bettors are betting offshore, where they are getting a rebate, but not betting in the pools. That is definitely happening.”

Please tell me where I can bet offshore get a rebate,win and the money not end up in the pools eventually.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

How many horse player advocacy organizations are going to pop up, suck money out the equation and make zero progess?

O/U 11 1/2

Jeff P
01-07-2009, 07:34 PM
How many horse player advocacy organizations are going to pop up, suck money out the equation and make zero progess?
Appreciate that. Thanks.

-jp

Foolish Pleasure
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Meanwhile,

they still can't price their product correctly,

they were and still are behind a crackdown on internet gambling which served as a feeeder system.

real players hate the synthetic lottery tracks.Note the handle declines at the synthetic tracks running during same periods as dirt tracs is steeper, starting with the perverted first season at KEE and running up to now-as the MJC just reported 17% declines in the 4th quarter on dirt vs 21% for the industry as a whole.

the synths which BTW have not proven to be decisively safer, to decisively attract larger fields, nor are they decisively alll weather.

So the industry blew $100million dollars so the scumbag trainers can run more unsound horses than ever.
and I can listen to idiots like Randy Moss proclaim to the world how much safer things are, meanwhile the single largest determinant to breakdowns is calendar date. Later in the year being a holocaust for overraced doped up horses that could run on pilllows and still not survive.

PACE thanks for your time and the board space.
Everyone better buckle up,
times are t9ough and the tracks know no other way than to raise takeout.

Jeff P
01-07-2009, 07:41 PM
The full text of the article:
http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/48657.htm

And my full quote so that what I said isn't taken out of context:
“They are betting less or they are sitting on the sidelines,” said Platt, whose organization includes about 500 members. “And a lot of the bigger bettors are betting offshore, where they are getting a rebate, but not betting in the pools. That is definitely happening.”

But Platt said there were bright spots in 2008, such as resulting increased handle at Monmouth Park, Louisiana Downs, Hawthorne Racetrack, and more recently, Tampa Bay Downs. He feels there is a common thread of dynamics surrounding those tracks, including wide distribution of racing signals, larger field sizes, and, despite his own success handicapping on synthetic surfaces, the presence of dirt tracks.

“I don’t know how to conceptualize it, but the bettors do respond ... it creates a buzz,” he said. “You put a good field out there, put the signal out there, and run it on dirt, and they seem to respond.”

The bolded part represents emphasis from me as I said it to Ryan.

-jp

Foolish Pleasure
01-07-2009, 07:54 PM
While the KY governor is out there trying to confiscate supposed illegal URLS,
someone is feeding the press, inventing boogeymen that don't exist.

Pandering to their imagined fears which the state of Kentucky are now using to institute fascism in the way of confiscating URLs and blocking websites.

trying2win
01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Jeff,

Thanks for the link to that BLOODHORSE column. You made some great comments in the article. I thought you were particularly "right on the money" in this one paragraph from the article:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"But Platt said there were bright spots in 2008, such as resulting increased handle at Monmouth Park, Louisiana Downs, Hawthorne Racetrack, and more recently, Tampa Bay Downs. He feels there is a common thread of dynamics surrounding those tracks, including wide distribution of racing signals, larger field sizes, and, despite his own success handicapping on synthetic surfaces, the presence of dirt tracks".
--------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, the above-listed tracks in that paragraph...'GET IT!" and have been rewarded with increased betting handle. Plus, those above-mentioned tracks were available at PTC. I guess I could sum up why MTH, LAD, HAW and TAM had increased betting handles because of wide signal availability, by saying ....'WELL, DUH!". To Drew Couto and Scott Daruthy...are you paying attention?

T2W

boomman
01-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Jeff,

Thanks for the link to that BLOODHORSE column. You made some great comments in the article. I thought you were particularly "right on the money" in this one paragraph from the article:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"But Platt said there were bright spots in 2008, such as resulting increased handle at Monmouth Park, Louisiana Downs, Hawthorne Racetrack, and more recently, Tampa Bay Downs. He feels there is a common thread of dynamics surrounding those tracks, including wide distribution of racing signals, larger field sizes, and, despite his own success handicapping on synthetic surfaces, the presence of dirt tracks".
--------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, the above-listed tracks in that paragraph...'GET IT!" and have been rewarded with increased betting handle. Plus, those above-mentioned tracks were available at PTC. I guess I could sum up why MTH, LAD, HAW and TAM had increased betting handles because of wide signal availability, by saying ....'WELL, DUH!". To Drew Couto and Scott Daruthy...are you paying attention?

T2W

And well said Jim................:ThmbUp:

Boomer