PDA

View Full Version : Parity and the Playoffs

rastajenk
01-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Here's what I'd like to see from here on out. Not for any particular affinity to any team, or city, or individual, but just 'cause I like to see goofy, head-scratchin' shit once in a while:

SD over Pitt....Yeah, Steelers' D is tough and they're at home, but the offense is usually just good enough, and maybe they won't be good enough this time. SD is a preseason Super Bowl pick for many, it could happen.

Balt over Tenn...Why not? Have the Titans convinced anyone that they're beyond just being good?

Philly over G-men...they've won there already this year; not beyond the realm of plausibility.

AZ over Carolina....this may be the longest shot of the four, but maybe Warner and his band of receivers can get hot and do something good on the road for once.

The reason I'd like to see the top seeds go down is because it would set up home games for SD and Arizona, where they could easily, well, not easily, but, as above, plausibly, win close games....

Setting up a Super Bowl of teams with 15 losses combined! How cool would that be? On any given Sunday.....

bigmack
01-06-2009, 01:43 AM
SD is a preseason Super Bowl pick for many, it could happen.
Worst point of your post, but who knows...

We had a ball watching the game locally. Few expect much. Many expect little.

Valuist
01-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Of the 4 scenarios, I can see Baltimore beating Tennessee. I absolutely cannot see Arizona beating Carolina. Arizona has played terribly on the road; not only losing but getting blown out. As for San Diego, they're going to have to go into a very cold weather city and beat a team who's much more physical than they are. Won't happen. I guess Philly over the Giants isn't impossible; the Eagles defense is on a tremendous roll although I think the Giants are still the most balanced team in the league. Not sure why we'd want to see a Super Bowl with teams who've lost a combined 15 games. But its something I don't think anyone would have to worry about.