PDA

View Full Version : Trackus Monitoring System

Sea Biscuit
01-05-2009, 05:11 PM
I have noticed that many harness and t-bred tracks in Canada and the US have started using this system for monitoring races and I am sure they are paying a pretty penny for this service.

I really like this system during the live race calls when they show the position of ALL the 10 horses at any given time during a race. However at the end of the live feed they also show some data such as the distance the winning horse ran in feets and the beaten lengths in 1/5th of a second and also the beaten feets for every horses but the problem is that this data is displayed only for a few seconds which is not enough time to jot it all down.

I was wondering if anyone out there employs this system for handicapping purposes and where can I find the data in black and white.:confused:

I have tried the trackus website with no luck. I have written to Woodbine but so far they have have not replied.:bang:

http://www.trackus.com/

Thanks in advance

Sea Biscuit

BillW
01-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Keeneland does this but they may be the oddball of the bunch.

http://www.keeneland.com/racing/Lists/Trakus/allitemsalt.aspx#chart

Sea Biscuit
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Keeneland does this but they may be the oddball of the bunch.

http://www.keeneland.com/racing/Lists/Trakus/allitemsalt.aspx#chart

From their website I learned that Delmar is also using this system

SB

LottaKash
01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
tHX bISCUIT...for the post....

TRACKUS ROCKS !!!....It should be the law.......and having it to handicap with, would be a big bonus......:jump: :jump: :jump:

best,

Sea Biscuit
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
tHX bISCUIT...for the post....

TRACKUS ROCKS !!!....It should be the law.......and having it to handicap with, would be a big bonus......:jump: :jump: :jump:

best,

Haha LK Very funny.

After I posted this thread I went to their webiste and got registered with them which was free and the next day I recieved my username and password.

Still I have not digested all the data as yet and will report when I do but I can tell you this much that it was the very first time I got to watch an actual virtual harness race. It brings a new dimension to the art of watching a replay. The initial loading is very slow but once it gets loaded up and downloaded you can watch the race as many times as you want without a letup. Click on 'rail' to watch the virtual race. Just try it if not for anything else for fun. The only thing missing is the virtual commentary

Stay tuned....... more coming later

Sea Biscuit.

LottaKash
01-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Haha LK Very funny. After I posted this thread I went to their webiste and got registered with them which was free and the next day I recieved my username and password.
Stay tuned....... more coming later Sea Biscuit.

Sea, I will stay tuned, eager to know more about this.....:jump: ....thx for the update...

best,

Tom
01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
KEE has a large DB of info you can download besides the charts.
Dmr has charts, too.