PDA

View Full Version : How to pinpoint a hot trainer

cees with dees
01-05-2009, 12:35 PM
For me, I don't go much by percentages alone. For example, Scott Lake is winning at above 20% but if you go through his winners, the vast majority come off the drop.
Yesterday, Enrique Arroyo went into the card 0 for the meet.
He won two races yesterday and both winners were dominant.
His horse in the first outsprinted two other stone cold front runners to make the lead and held off a nice horse with a large gap to the third place finisher.
He also won with a horse up in class off the claim in the fourth and this one dominated a good field.
Keep an eye on him.
Also, Del Carroll is having his best meet in 3 decades and I'd watch not so much for his runners that have already raced on the inner this meet, but those making their first try over it.
Good luck and make money.
Ben

Grits
01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Arroyo has done this before Ben. And most especially with his owner, Robert Urritia. Many times, these connections have clicked at a fine price. When in NY, at Belmont or Aqueduct, I look closely at these two, often, when their names are in the program. The bet is usually to a good end. A friend of mine, whose last name happens to be Urritia, and I, noted these two a good while back.

Much good luck on the Inner in 09.

jotb
01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
I thought his owner's last name is Urrutia.

Overlay
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Yesterday, Enrique Arroyo went into the card 0 for the meet.
He won two races yesterday and both winners were dominant.

I don't know whether anyone would have been inclined to eliminate those horses without a second look based solely on the trainer statistic that you cite, but to me your post speaks to the advisability of considering the winning chances of all the horses in any given field.