PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Nintendo Wii? What are best games?

JustRalph
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Ok, I finally hooked up the Wii at the house near Charlotte. The wife got me a Wii Ski game for Xmas. It is pretty damn fun. I am now shopping for a new game........ I just wondered if there were any recommendations from my friends here at Pace?
I wanted adult opinions ........so I am asking here.

Let me know what you like............ Thanks!

Grits
01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Ralph, I bought Wii for my son for Christmas, and he and I have had a blast with it!!! LOLOL

We've played a lot since Christmas, and I'm no better at MarioKart than I was the first morning we hooked it all up. If I drove an automobile like I steer gokarts and racecars and motorcycles, MAN would I be in trouble.

I'm doing great at golf. Dad was real impressed, while he was telling me where to place the remote for making a short putt. And how far to pull back to swing for my drives, and to get up on the green with my iron (from out of the bunkers. LOL)

Then too, there's bowling. My son is a whiz at that one. Mostly strikes, now and then, a spare. LOLOL

I also bought a Monster Truck World Circuit (one I thought BJ would enjoy) that we haven't tried yet, and a pet agility training game that we've not gotten into. I wanted that one. Along with other assorted accessories.

I'll have to go look for the skiing games; sounds like a good errand for tomorrow. I used to do a lot of that each winter. That one's probably a lot of fun. Thanks for the tip.;)

It'll make you talk ugly. With MarioKart, I keep bluring out, "oh sh!t" followed by, "darlin,' mom said an ugly word, don't you dare let me here you repeat it."

It is all--really fun.

chickenhead
01-04-2009, 11:27 PM
my nephew absolutely dominated me in Wii Boxing. It was disgraceful.

I think having short arms is some kind of advantage, or at least that's my story.

Pace Cap'n
01-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Perhaps you might enjoy this one (with your wife's help)...

www.break.com/index/wii-fit-is-the-greatest-game-ever.html (http://www.break.com/index/wii-fit-is-the-greatest-game-ever.html)

Grits
01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry I contributed anything.

Enjoy your new Wii, Ralph.

Dahoss9698
01-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Geez, lighten up.

Mario Kart is great, I highly recommend it. Not sure if the Wii Sports game came with the console, but that's fun also. It has bowling, boxing, tennis, golf and baseball.

Grits
01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Mario Kart is great fun, indeed! The Wii Sports games you mention do come with the unit. As Ralph noted, the skiing sounds like fun.

DaHoss, the woman in the video and her real homely friend lying back videoing her--sorry, did nothing for me.

But then, its true, one can watch anything on YouTube. And that was, lite, more or less given much of what's put up.

Geez, lighten up.

Mario Kart is great, I highly recommend it. Not sure if the Wii Sports game came with the console, but that's fun also. It has bowling, boxing, tennis, golf and baseball.

JustRalph
01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the Tips! Will be looking at Mariokart and other racing games............ they sound fun.

I will be Wii Shopping for more games soon.......

Thanks!

Grits
01-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Ralph, I went out for Wii Skiing, and found one left in town, though not easy. Best Buy had sold out. Anyway, also bought Wii Crossword Puzzle.

Skiing is a blast! The movements required are identical to actually being on skis. The turns, weight shifting, knees bent, slowing to avoid other skiers, plowing, sliding sideways to stop..........all of it. Even wiping out, which I did WELL since its been a while. Granted all of this is not as effective as trips to the Y, but still good movement and exercise.

This one's neat, but MarioKart is still the toughest. It beats me in the ground. And the golf game, which is part of Wii Sports and comes with the unit is a great challenge as well.

For anyone who may purchase this, you DON'T need the Wii Fit Balance Board which the store clerks will tell you you must have for the skiing to work properly. You're going to shift your weight naturally anyway, just as in skiing. You don't need to be standing on the $89 Wii Fit game's balance board to do so.

Thanks Ralph for speaking of it. Too much handicapping makes one too sedentary. ;)

Tom
01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Do they have one for horse racing?
Movements to tear up tickets, slam them on the ground, program slapping, gestures to jockeys, and the infamous spin around from the monitor and curse? :D

Grits
01-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Tom, I've looked in the stores and among the gazillion games, there is not a horseracing one in the bunch. I wish there was. Shows how much trouble we're in huh? There's one for horses, but not racing.

I want 'em to make one with the guy running along the rail, riding and banging his program on his leg, from the 1/16 pole to the finish line, gets nosed out, then throws up his hands and falls to his knees.

He resides, SOMEWHERE, in NYC. LOLOL:lol:

I'm back to home alone, so every time I wiped out skiing this morning, only my dog was listening, when again, I was talking dirty. "OH SH!T!!!"

Do they have one for horse racing?
Movements to tear up tickets, slam them on the ground, program slapping, gestures to jockeys, and the infamous spin around from the monitor and curse? :D

OTM Al
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Those things have always sounded like a fun way to get a little exercise. Just beware of the Wii related injuries (as well as accidently throwing the controller through the TV)

JimG
01-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I was thinking of getting a Wii in the future. Seems like some decent exercise for indoors. Anyhow, how does it look hooked up to an hdtv? Wish they had a centipede game (my all-time fave). I understand it is not an hd unit. I was just wondering what type of cables come with it to hook it up and how it looked on an hdtv? Thanks.

Jim

JustRalph
01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Jim, looks pretty good on HDTV. It isn't in the high resolution (the games aren't written that way either) but it does do a wide screen mode. It is just fine for games.

The fact that it isn't in HD means regular RCA cables come with it. Here is a link that shows what comes in the box.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/11/15/whats-in-the-nintendo-wii-box.htm

You won't be disappointed. Lots of fun.

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/740/740776/wii-sports-20061020011942026.jpg

http://www.digitalden.biz/images2/wii%20sports.jpg

http://www.infendo.com/uploaded_images/800px-WiiSportsBowling-772231.jpg

http://www.dignews.com/admin/screenshoot/wii_sports_07.jpg