PDA

View Full Version : BetAmerica a good ADW?

Gambleonclaimers
01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Just wondering if any one has any experience with this company it looked pretty good with 3% cash rewards seems it has a good selection of tracks. I know most on here favor PTC but they aren't available in my state so my choices are limited.
Thanks in advance for any help

NoCal Boy
01-04-2009, 07:27 PM
good luck. how are they capitalized?

Just wondering if any one has any experience with this company it looked pretty good with 3% cash rewards seems it has a good selection of tracks. I know most on here favor PTC but they aren't available in my state so my choices are limited.

Thanks in advance for any help

Gambleonclaimers
01-04-2009, 07:40 PM
It seems this is all I could find on bet America It is a service of Horse Race North Dakota the charity which conducts live horse racing in Fargo, North Dakota in association with Lien Games Racing LLC. So it appears they are backed by Lien Games Racing LLC.

trying2win
01-05-2009, 05:46 AM
GAMBLEONCLAIMERS:

BET AMERICA has advantages and disadvantages, just like any other ADW.

ADVANTAGES:

1. 3 % cash rebate on what they call their "bonus tracks".

2. They offer free live video. But it doesn't say if they have a qualifier on their website, on how much one might have to bet per month to view the live video. You'd have to send them an email find out.

3. I believe Canadian residents can join this ADW as well.

4. They cover a few tracks that PTC doesn't.

DISADVANTAGES:

1. Even with a 3 % cash rebate on their "bonus tracks", that's not very much compared with the average rebate one will receive at PTC.

2. On many of the tracks they cover, there is no rebate at all.

3. They don't cover some of the tracks that PTC does.

--Their customer service is an unknown. It may be excellent for all I know. Maybe some PA members are customers at BET AMERICA, and will give a testimonal about what they think of the service at this place.

--I don't know if they have fees for deposits and withdrawals at BET AMERICA (if any).

--I don't know if they offer a "conditional wagering" option like PTC does.

--I don't know if they have betting reports like PTC does.

--To sum up, I guess a bettor will decide what options are the most important to him or her in choosing an ADW.

T2W

titans1127
01-05-2009, 11:21 AM
As far as I know, its free video with no limits. Another cool thing is all the harness tracks have free past performances that can be printed out or viewed on screen as it gets merged with the rest of the interface.

michiken
01-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Their website's reward page (http://www.betamerica.com/betamerica/rewards.shtml) states (bottom of page):

'BetAmerica also has NO WAGER FEES, NO VIDEO FEES and NO MONTHLY WAGER MINIMUMS to receive CASH REWARDS'

Just from looking at it, I can say that I like the web site layout. It looks very basic, yet professional.

rokitman
01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I had a very hard time getting their "Contact Us" page (a problem I am not having anywhere else). When I sent an email to support @betamerica.com (linked on their home page) it bounced back to me as a bad address. The "Contact Us" page did mysteriously appear for me (once, can't get it again) so I got my questions in. I received some "no-answers" and some "non-answers" to my questions which included questions about their site security. The "Join" page, which wants your SS#, (common, yes, but...) along with other more common sensitive information, is not secure. (not so common, and potentially deadly). I received a "We take security very seriously blah blah blah..." non-answer but no direct, specific response to this very serious matter. It is still not secure.

A track by track comparison to PTC on "Bonus" tracks showed they had a few "Bonus" t-bred tracks that PTC didn't and vice-versa. But PTC far exceeds them over-all in "bonuses" and BA's claim of "Highest rewards in the industry" is simply not true. On the plus side, they have video and you have access to other, non-bonus tracks, including some of the big boys.

Driver8
01-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I've been using them for the last few months and haven't had any issues. I'm not a big bettor but I've always enjoyed access to the live video. They don't have any pp info but you can likely get that somewhere else. It's a nice looking site and I've found they've improved the betting interface since I joined. Worth a look in my opinion.

Dahlonega337
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I have been using Betamerica since August, fast payouts, good customer service. They now carry the calif. tracks and Gulfstream. Still no video from
NY tracks though.

Dahlonega337

trying2win
01-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Just glancing at the BET AMERICA website lately, I noticed that they list SANTA ANITA as a bonus track. That is apparently, if you bet on the SANTA ANITA races through BET AMERICA, you'll receive a 3 % cash rebate on these bets.

Whatever happened to the stance of Drew Couto of the TOC? I thought he was against ADWS offering rebates on California thoroughbred races. Now that we have a couple of onshore ADWS offering cash rebates on California thoroughbred races, does than mean that Drew is softening his stance on this issue? Does that mean more hope for PTC to receive the California thoroughbred signal for its tracks in the near future?

T2W

Charlie D
01-13-2009, 04:02 PM
The North Dakota Racing Commission authorizes Lien Games LL (Betamerica)

Same as PTC?? if so, how do they get SA etc and PTC don't

Charlie D
01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Press Release

http://www.prweb.com/releases/betamerica/horseracing/prweb1194624.htm

trying2win
01-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Well, it's as plain as day that not only has BET AMERICA have SANTA ANITA on its betting menu, but SA is designated as a bonus track...i.e. cash rebates to its customers for betting on that track.

I wonder if HANA's executives plan on having another chat with Drew Couto of the TOC about this latest development, in order to plead the case for PTC to obtain the California thoroughbred signal?

T2W

RichieP
01-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, it's as plain as day that not only has BET AMERICA have SANTA ANITA on its betting menu, but SA is designated as a bonus track...i.e. cash rebates to its customers for betting on that track.

I wonder if HANA's executives plan on having another chat with Drew Couto of the TOC about this latest development, in order to plead the case for PTC to obtain the California thoroughbred signal?

T2W

You are right on man. This is bull****

Time to start sending emails to Mr. Couto

PTC is being shafted by these miserable rat bastards T2W

Charlie D
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Xpressbet offers rebates on SA, Betamerica offers rebates on SA

PTC :confused:

If i were a US racing journo i'd be trying to find out what goes here as it smells fishy

BillW
01-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Xpressbet offers rebates on SA, Betamerica offers rebates on SA

PTC :confused:

If i were a US racing journo i'd be trying to find out what goes here as it smells fishy

I get the impression it's like VLT's (their NOT slot machines!) ... it's "cash rewards" - no rebates given here! :lol:

trying2win
01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
This is from from the "ADF PRIMER" (PDF article) (bottom lieft-hand corner)
at the www.toconline (http://www.toconline/) website...

First from PAGE 36 the following:

THG

Objective:

Develop a new framework/model for ADW

Work with track partners & ADWs in developing

Increase revenue to stakeholders from 47% to 66%

Modeled after ASCAP

THG acts as an agent for TOC/member organizations

Guarantees TOC/participating horsemen will grant consent to all subscribing ADW providers.

And...from PAGE 37 from the same "ADW PRIMER" article:

TOC/THG

Pro Competitive

Ensures Non‐Exclusivity

Open competition among all qualified ADW providers

--------------------------------------------------------------------

--After scanning the "ADW PRIMER" article, it appears the TOC and their band of THG'S may offer hope to ADWS such as PTC to get the California thoroughbred signal, but with a catch. Due to the greed of the TOC/THG, it would come at an increased cost for the signal. It seems the TOC/THG and other militant horsemen groups, are still complaining that they are getting shafted by racetracks and/or ADWS in the revenue-sharing part of the wagering business.

--In my two-bit opinion, if anyone's getting the shaft, it's the bettors. What with exorbitant track takeouts, dime breakage at most American racetracks, and paying another tax on winnings on "'signers". Okay, I'm a Canadian, so I get a break on not having to pay an extra tax on "signers", but I sympathize with our American friends who are compelled by American tax laws to pay it.
Horsemen are now "triple dipping" into the revenue stream...i.e. they get part of the proceeds from:

1. The on-track takeout.

2. Slot Machine revenue.

3. ADW fees.

---And what do most bettors get? They get revenue from:

1. Winning wagers

2. A cash rebate from an onshore ADW, if they qualify by residency and/or betting volume. Or the bettors may get a cash rebate from an offshore racebook.

--Okay, as a bettor, I'm only "double dipping" into the revenue stream. I want to be on even par with the greedy, militant horsemen's groups and be a "triple dipping" bettor. I want part of the proceeds of the slot machine revenues too. That'll even things out a bit from my standpoint as a bettor.

T2W

BillW-mod
01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I hope that's what you want T2W. Checkout the "Preview Post" function on complex posts - it can catch display issues :) .

trying2win
01-14-2009, 01:52 AM
:lol: I hope that's what you want T2W. Checkout the "Preview Post" function on complex posts - it can catch display issues :) .

Thanks Bill,

That looks a lot better than my botched job. Yeah, I know about the preview post feature. Quite often I use it to proofread posts before hitting the SUBMIT REPLY buttion. I obviously didn't do it on that particular occasion...tsk! tsk! :D

T2W

trying2win
01-14-2009, 02:29 AM
When greedy, militant thoroughbred horsemen groups demand more money for signals and get their way, a lot of people then are cheering...racetrack executives, horsemen, the rebate ADWS,...even some bettors. The ones not cheering...the account holders at an ADW that pays cash rebates. How's that you say? It's easy to figure out. When an ADW signs an agreement with a horsemen's group at a higher signal fee than a previous contract, the extra money that an ADW is obliged to pay has to come from somewhere. The rebate ADWS have a lot of fixed costs involved in operating their business, so it stands to reason that to maintain a reasonable rate of profit after expenses, a rebate ADW would look to shave off part of the percentage of the cash rebates they pay out to their customers.

So... perhaps if you were receiving a 5 % cash rebate on your straight bets from your rebate ADW at one particular thoroughbred track, then you might only receive a 4 % cash rebate after your ADW pays out for a higher signal fee. Greed and avarice don't seem to be an issue for harness horsemen and greyhound owners. These two groups tend to haul in less purse money due to generally lower parimutuel handles than thoroughbred races, yet you don't see them crying the blues about how hard done they are by racetracks and ADWS. Seems they are grateful for any extra revenue generated by ADWS. In my book, they've got the right attitude. Not only that, but rebate percentages tend to be higher for harness and greyhound bets. I like that scenario as a bettor.

T2W

trying2win
01-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I just noticed that BET AMERICA has GULFSTREAM PARK on it's betting menu. Plus GP is listed as a 'bonus track', which entitles account holders to a 3 % cash rebate for bets on this track.

So, with all these new developments lately of:

1. EXPRESS BET offering a 2 % cash rebate on SANTA ANITA bets.

2. BET AMERICA offering a 3 % cash rebate on SANTA ANITA bets.

3. BET AMERICA offering a 3 % cash rebate on GULFSTREAM PARK bets.

---my thinking is...if BET AMERICA (who work in conjunction with the NORTH DAKOTA HORSE PARK, same as PTC does ) can get their foot in the door with getting the siganals for SANTA ANITA and GULFSTREAM PARK (and with offering cash rebates to boot), surely that should give renewed hope for PREMIER TURF CLUB to get their foot in the door at these tracks too.

--I wonder what were some of the secrets and/or tactics that BET AMERICA used to gain the confidence of Drew Couto of the TOC and Scott Daruthy of TRACKNET, Gulfstream Park horsemen and anyone else involved in obtaining these track signals?

T2W

Charlie D
01-21-2009, 09:42 PM
---my thinking is...if BET AMERICA (who work in conjunction with the NORTH DAKOTA HORSE PARK, same as PTC does ) can get their foot in the door with getting the siganals for SANTA ANITA and GULFSTREAM PARK (and with offering cash rebates to boot), surely that should give renewed hope for PREMIER TURF CLUB to get their foot in the door at these tracks too.

--I wonder what were some of the secrets and/or tactics that BET AMERICA used to gain the confidence of Drew Couto of the TOC and Scott Daruthy of TRACKNET, Gulfstream Park horsemen and anyone else involved in obtaining these track signals?

t2w

Contact TOC and Tracknet and ask why BETAMERICA is allowed signal and PTC is not