PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream contra-plays 1/3

nobeyerspls
01-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Last year well over thirty different jockeys won races at GP. Since most of the play is on the top riders, better payouts happen when a 2nd tier or obscure jockey rides the winner. If you believe that any licensed jock can win with the right horse, here are some live ones for today:

1. #11 Skip Away Belle (6-1) Baird
2. #2 Swift Billy (6-1) Fuentes
3. #5 Spirit Line (4-1) Trujillo
5. #9 Square Deal (12-1) Douglas
6. #7 Galligan Road (20-1) Aguilar
7. #10 Atwell (8-1) Trujillo

Grits
01-03-2009, 11:52 AM
It may serve one well to tread lightly with today's opening card at GP. Between the vast number of layoff returns, the bursting at the seams full fields, the newly turned 3 yo maiden specials, etc, etc. one may find some outstanding prices, but a great deal of spreading may be in order.

An added note on NBPS's post, if Trujillo is riding for Wesley Ward/the Ramseys dismiss the thought of value, as last year, they rocked. Including all of Ward's owners, actually. As a result, little value there. Other trainers with Trujillo will offer better.

Another jock to note may be Lezcano, most especially on turf as he's 18%, and often moves a bit under the radar.

A couple of other trainers that scored last year with value, if I recall, though I don't have last year's stats, were Fred Warren, Stanley Ersoff, Daniel Hurtak and one I KNOW did so, repeatedly, Javier Negrete.

In the winter based only fellas, I'd look at anything McPeek and Romans have running--in any race.

Again, good luck guys.

point given
01-04-2009, 01:00 AM
It may serve one well to tread lightly with today's opening card at GP. Between the vast number of layoff returns, the bursting at the seams full fields, the newly turned 3 yo maiden specials, etc, etc. one may find some outstanding prices, but a great deal of spreading may be in order.

An added note on NBPS's post, if Trujillo is riding for Wesley Ward/the Ramseys dismiss the thought of value, as last year, they rocked. Including all of Ward's owners, actually. As a result, little value there. Other trainers with Trujillo will offer better.

Another jock to note may be Lezcano, most especially on turf as he's 18%, and often moves a bit under the radar.

A couple of other trainers that scored last year with value, if I recall, though I don't have last year's stats, were Fred Warren, Stanley Ersoff, Daniel Hurtak and one I KNOW did so, repeatedly, Javier Negrete.

In the winter based only fellas, I'd look at anything McPeek and Romans have running--in any race.

Again, good luck guys.

Disagree with Romans on the trainer side, loads of good jocks to fly under the radar, like ET Baird in the 1 st ;)