PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs Jan.3 - 4

Marshall Bennett
01-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Atlanta ( -2 )

Indianapolis ( -1 )

Miami ( +3 )

Philadelphia ( -3 )

Sort of struggled over Vikings / Eagles game , which teams will show up ?

BetHorses!
01-02-2009, 02:39 PM
25-25-2 season to date

Can you say Home Dogs

Cards +1

Chargers +1

Dolph +3

Vikes +3

Good Luck

pktruckdriver
01-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Let me just wish my team well on Saturday.

As far as the other weekend games go let me see what I can do.

Atlanta

San Diego

Minnesota

and need I say it

patrick

Valuist
01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
YTD: 26-19-1

Indy/SD OVER 50--just can't trust either defense here. The Chargers pass D is downright poor (opposing QBs have a 90 rating against them) and Indy is one team who can exploit that. OTOH, the Colts can't stop the run to save their life and Tomlinson is just the guy to make their D pay. Both offenses can be trusted to contribute to the total and push it over the number.

Baltimore -3 Great run for Miami but I think it comes to a crashing halt here. The Dolphins won 11 games because they a) committed fewer turnovers than any other team, and b) had one of the easiest schedules in the league. Since Nov 9, they've played the Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Jets, Chiefs, 49ers, and Bills. When they played the Ravens earlier this season, they were handled 27-13. Total yards was nearly identical but rush yards weren't, as the Ravens piled up 140 to only 71 for the Dolphins. As for point a, Baltimore forced more turnovers than any other team. FWIW, I do think Pennington was ripped off for not getting league MVP.....for God's sake, look at the nobodies he's throwing to....then compare that to Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark and Anthony Gonzalez. Manning is one of the all time greats but if you give him the award this year, you might as well give it to him every year because he's had, and will have, better years than this.

MINNESOTA +3---The team that wins the rush battle covers the spread 70% of the time, making that, along with the turnover battle, the two most significant factors. The Vikings are number 1 against the run (for the second straight season) and are top 5 running it with that guy named Peterson who's pretty good. And his backup Chester Taylor is pretty good too. The Eagles strike me as a Jekyl and Hyde team, capable of blowing out the Cowboys (which was at home) and also capable of tying the lowly Bengals (in Cincy). They're on the road this time and I don't think they can be trusted.

cj's dad
01-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Lats time I checked the game between the Ravens and the Fins was Sunday @ 1 PM

Let me just wish my team well on Saturday.

As far as the other weekend games go let me see what I can do.

Atlanta

San Diego

Minnesota

and need I say it

patrick

pktruckdriver
01-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Valuist

I do think Pennington was ripped off for not getting league MVP.....for God's sake, look at the nobodies he's throwing to....then compare that to Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark and Anthony Gonzalez. Manning is one of the all time greats but if you give him the award this year, you might as well give it to him every year because he's had, and will have, better years than this.

Nice words for my QB, his recievers may not like you, but...Philips Rivers numbers blow Mannings away, Kurt and Drew weren't far behind either.

Honorable Mention -- Matt Ryan, not bad for a rookie

Rushing
Adrian wins, but Turner in Atlanta was better in my opinion, though some may say DeAngelo may deserve a mention too.

Best team risen from the dead, well Baltimore, Atlanta, and the Best
Turn-Around for one year is Miami.

Coach of the Year

Guess we will wait and see, 3 New Coaches, and in reality they all deserve extreme praise for what they did, so Coach of the Year, to me goes to all 3.

Patrick

(lats) ??

Valuist
01-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Patrick-

Good luck with the Dolphins. I know you've been on them all season so you aren't a bandwagon jumper. Interesting, I did hear that Parcells has an out clause due to Huizinga selling the team.

Pace Cap'n
01-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I heard Carl Petersen (ex KC gm) to the Dolphins and Parcells to coach the Jets...