PDA

View Full Version : Hal's Hope favorites

Valuist
01-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Just looked over the pps for the Hal's Hope tomorrow at GP and the vulnerability of the favorites really stood out.

Delightful Kiss 7-2----are they serious? When was the last time you saw a horse drop 15 lengths back and win on the GP main track? If this race was 1 1/8 miles on synthetic I could see it. I think they are putting too much emphasis on the Clark. Something obviously went wrong with Commentator, and Einstein, who's really not a dirt horse, was able to win. Delightful Kiss's last win on real dirt was a year and a half ago.

Bribon 5-1---while he loves a mile, he clearly doesn't like GP. He was in pretty good form when he went to GP last year.....then 3 allowance races and he managed one second place finish....in a 4 horse field in the slop. Yes, he does own the top fig at the distance but that was in NY, where he clearly seems to be better. I also think the blazing pace of the Cigar Mile flattered all the late runners in that race, which was the top 3 finishers.

Anak Nakal----6-1---as much as I thought the price on Delightful Kiss was bad, this is downright delusional. Again, the wrong type of running style for GP as he figures to be a solid 10 lengths, possibly more, out of it early on. He was 1 for 9 last year, the lone win coming in the Penn Derby. That field was really questionable as the runnerup came back to run dead last in a NW2X over the inner dirt a couple weeks ago.

I suspect that of these 3, only Bribon will be one of the top betting choices. I'll take my chances against all of these three.

Robert Fischer
01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
this is a tough race for me

I don't like Anak Nakal at all

I do not see Bribon and Delightful Kiss necessarily dominating the race, but they are both solid contenders in my opinion.

having a hard time getting my interest up for this race, but there are 3 or 4 others worth a thorough review (now a victor,national pride,bullsbay,finallymadeit...)

Robert Fischer
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
great thread idea though, i wish others would sound off

Grits
01-02-2009, 10:29 PM
#3 Fearless Vision: my first choice, and to win. He can go to the front, or he can sit off. Stepping up here, and that's fine. With 5-2-3-0 over GP, he obviously loves the track. Shows a good work Dec.28th, and gets Coa, again.

#12 Bribon is the miler. He ate ground up, closing in the Cigar Mile, but I don't like the 12 post. To say the least, that's out there, way out there.

#8 Now A Victor can go to the front, which could mean that's all she wrote, "see ya boys". All over but the shouting. Maybe not quite that easy, but certainly possible.

#9 National Pride is the sleeper. He's going for Kiaran, is lightly raced, coming off 48 days rest, which doesn't concern me at all, given its Kiaran. His December works are, all 3, over the Belmont training track. Maybe he's had another we're not aware of. Hopefully, the tote will be an indicator.

One that does puzzle me, though, is #1 Cuba, the 8 year old with DeSormeaux? He likes GP, but his more recent wins have been at Laurel and Monmouth, both of which I know next to nothing about.

Guys, good luck on all of your opening day wagers at beautiful Gulfstream Park, south Florida's Taj Mahal Racino.

I'm sure Frank, the visionary, will be in attendance and holding court, maybe underneath the grass huts on his beach--the one where the apron used to be.

Dahoss9698
01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't like Delightful Kiss or Anak Nakal either. But, I think you're a bit off of Bribon. Granted, he did get plenty of pace to run at in the Cigar. But, I suggest watching a replay of the race, from the far turn home. He was knocked off stride as he was making his move by Wanderin Boy breaking down and I think he would have won if this didn't happen. He didn't run great at Gulfstream last year, but he's a much better horse now.

I personally like Now A Victor. He's controlling speed and he hasn't done a thing wrong in his career. A one turn mile should be perfect for him. But, I think the other horse I'm using is Bribon. He loves a mile and his last race is better than it looks.

jballscalls
01-02-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm keying Bribon for 2nd with Fearless Vision, True Resergence, and Its a bird.

Robert Fischer
01-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Bullsbay looks really good on video. Impressed over the del mar mile allowance, the keeneland 9 furlong test, and then put it all together at Churchill. Kruljac is a good horseman and he may have even gotten more powerful after the change of hands with Motion.

3 speeds here. Now a Victor, Fearless Vision and FinallyMadeit...
Nunez is pretty much a lock to force the issue with finallymadeit barging in from the outside. They have the loooong run to the first turn, so Coa and JohnnyV. have the option of just sitting right on the pace or dueling a little if they break too well.

Bribon looks like the pick and may be a decent price.
I want to use Bullsbay especially if anything close to 20-1.
Now a Victor and/or Fearless Vision have every right to hang around for a piece. Delightful Kiss has every right to come up and be a part of a tri or super.

INFRONT07
01-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Ill go with now a victor;a neck short of perfect.new high speed fig in comeback ;speed of the speed win&exacta box with fearless vision.

keilan
01-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Placing all the marbles on one horse - National Pride (9), exactly the right type to win here.

Win - # 9
X’s – 9/1-4-12-13
Tri – 9/1-4-12-13/1-3-4-6-8-10-12-13-14
Tri – 9/1-3-4-6-8-10-12-13-14/1-3-4-6-8-10-12-13-14

Tom
01-03-2009, 03:36 PM
12-6-11

Box em and watch em.

point given
01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Just looked over the pps for the Hal's Hope tomorrow at GP and the vulnerability of the favorites really stood out.

Delightful Kiss 7-2----are they serious? When was the last time you saw a horse drop 15 lengths back and win on the GP main track? If this race was 1 1/8 miles on synthetic I could see it. I think they are putting too much emphasis on the Clark. Something obviously went wrong with Commentator, and Einstein, who's really not a dirt horse, was able to win. Delightful Kiss's last win on real dirt was a year and a half ago.

Would you like some salt and pepper with that pie ? :lol:

Funny thing is I agreed with you . Funny track, the NW1 goes in 1:08.48 drawing off and then DK closes 18L. I think they went 6 in 1:10 and change and he went 10 wide and ran past them all like they were standing still. Gotta love Pete Anderson. Hope he gets the Million with him.

G-d I hate gulf, they said they had a record turnout and then made a 2 fer 1 on well drinks after the last race to celebrate. Kinda hard to have a record when you don't take attendance numbers though ! :eek: Their attitudes remain firmly planted in their posteriors. Pray for a buyer for the place and let the BS stop :( :blush:

Grits
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Tom, I wish you had tried these 3 again in the 9th. You would've had an outstanding exacta.

12-6-11

Box em and watch em.

Robert Fischer
01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
have to watch this one again and let it all soak in...

i ended up $1 boxing the 3, 13, and natl. pride hoping to end a winning day with a decent exacta.
track looked like it was playing a little gimmicky after seeing the spectacular bid, good job by borel on the 4

a mile almost seemed "short" for that race over that track, really good job getting the horse that was supposed to be too slow up

JustRalph
01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Did Delightful Kiss look like he was carrying some serious extra weight?

No matter I guess, the way he went by them......... :lol:

Valuist
01-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Would you like some salt and pepper with that pie ? :lol:

Funny thing is I agreed with you . Funny track, the NW1 goes in 1:08.48 drawing off and then DK closes 18L. I think they went 6 in 1:10 and change and he went 10 wide and ran past them all like they were standing still. Gotta love Pete Anderson. Hope he gets the Million with him.

G-d I hate gulf, they said they had a record turnout and then made a 2 fer 1 on well drinks after the last race to celebrate. Kinda hard to have a record when you don't take attendance numbers though ! :eek: Their attitudes remain firmly planted in their posteriors. Pray for a buyer for the place and let the BS stop :( :blush:

I'll give the winner credit. Since they changed the track, I can't recall a horse coming from 18 lengths back on the main track. He's a good horse; I didn't want to take 7-2 on him (I think he went off at 5-1). Bribon showed he really can't stand that surface and Anak Nakal was a non threatening 4th.

Robert Fischer
01-03-2009, 10:05 PM
1st
late i know, but i just realized Bullsbay finished 2nd in a $59 exacta , and paid $6 to show...
I didn't even notice he ended up 2nd , feel much better now :rolleyes: yea right

originally thought he was a huge overlay(20-1ml)"I want to use Bullsbay", then he opened at 4-1 and i went soft on him...

also disgusted that I can't even find a replay of the race or the races at gulfstream today... Calracing:bang: so much for going over the GP card again :bang:
can't even find the stinking race on youtube , and NTRA/archives just BLASTS 1000dECIBLES in their deafening intro and doesn't show a replay

:)

Tom
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM
There there, they're there.

http://www.racereplays.com/racereplays/index.cfm?start=WS_Gulfstream

Robert Fischer
01-04-2009, 12:49 AM
There there, they're there.

http://www.racereplays.com/racereplays/index.cfm?start=WS_Gulfstream

signed up , but all i get is the following:
"ACCOUNT STATUS

you do not currently have an active subscription plan.

Please click on the link below to select a plan to purchase."

Not about to pay for race replays.

slew101
01-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Delightful Kiss will be tough to beat in the Sunshine Millions. Very good horse, and that stretch run was terrific.

Charlie D
01-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Hal's Hope replay

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/48627.htm?id=48627

Valuist
01-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Delightful Kiss will be tough to beat in the Sunshine Millions. Very good horse, and that stretch run was terrific.

I think the main factor for him will be the pace scenario. If they go slow early, its going to be very difficult to come from 10 lengths back.