PDA

View Full Version : Missing some charts...

OhioFan
04-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone--

Just wanted to thank the creator of chartget for the wonderfull time-saving program and to see if anyone could help me out.

Could anyone send me the following:

I am missing the equibase charts from 2/21/03 -- 3/08/03, TSN programs from the same date (both text and html / excel would be appreciated), and equibase workouts from 2/22/03 -- 3/05/03

If possible, I would like the above files for all tracks.

thanks,

Bryan

oldstuff
04-04-2003, 01:50 PM
What is chartget, the wonderful time saving program?

Tom
04-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by oldstuff
What is chartget, the wonderful time saving program?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5086

Kappa
04-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Don't forget... Andy will accept contributions (so we can continue to get the WONDERFUL changes and fixes)

Kappa
04-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you still need the charts etc

GameTheory
04-05-2003, 01:03 AM
You're welcome.

While we're on the subject of ChartGet, I've been noticed for quite a while now that when I download the TSN programs, there is a rather long pause at the end of each file before it goes on to the next one. This didn't used to happen, and it doesn't happen with the Equibase stuff, but that comes from a different server.

I investigated a bit, and it is nothing my program is doing after the fact -- it is in the middle of download operation -- it just seems to take forever to get the "end of file" signal from the TSN server.

Has anyone else noticed this that uses ChartGet for TSN stuff? (Download at: http://www.chessopolis.com/not_chess_at_all/ by the way)

The strange thing is I have another program I made for someone that downloads the pay data files from TSN, but they seem to go really fast. There is a different structure to the URLs of the pay files, so it could just be that only the free programs are affected...

OhioFan
04-05-2003, 06:26 AM
I have noticed the same thing when downloading the TSN freebies, also, the text only TSN files do not appear to have the same problem (granted they are tiny text files), so its not just you.

I'm not currently using the TSN pay files... how exactly is the structure of the URL different? It's been quite awhile since I've had network programming, but was kinda currious about this problem too.

GameTheory
04-05-2003, 07:16 AM
Well, it is just a different script that returns the proper file.

Looking at it now, I see the text programs (what ChartGet calls the "pt") use the "trk_report.cgi" URLs, same as the pay files, and those do go very fast indeed. The HTML programs use the "instant.cgi" URLs, indicating it is a different script on their server returning the file. I am quite sure the pause is after it has grabbed the actual text of the file -- it just doesn't send the "there ain't no more" code very fast for some reason. I don't think there is a big pause when downloading by hand, so it may be the way the program is doing the request, but I'm not sure I can do anything about it. It is very annoying, though...