PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech - Mississippi

BetHorses!
01-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Rarely play faves in the bowls but IMO this line is too low.

Tex Tech -3.5

Any thoughts?

dylbert
01-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Line had been Texas Tech minus 4 for last few days. Now, it drops to minus 3.5. Must prove that us Ole Miss Rebels fans are bigger bettors than Red Raiders ones!

Hotty Toddy in Cotton Bowl tomorrow afternoon!!!

rrbauer
01-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Rarely play faves in the bowls but IMO this line is too low.

Tex Tech -3.5

Any thoughts?

Posted last month in another thread regarding TT:

And, then maybe get beat there by a lesser-ranked school out of CJ's basement, Ole Miss! This will be a delight to watch, probably the 2nd most entertaining game after the big enchilada. Everybody knows about Graham Harrell but Jevan Snead (Miss QB) will be a household name after this game. Difference in the game IMO is Crabtree. Will the scoreboard hold the points?

I really liked two teams at the end of the regular season to beat their odds in bowl games: Iowa and Mississippi. I think Iowa was up 21-zip at halftime in the Outback bowl today. Bet against Ole Miss at your peril.

Marshall Bennett
01-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Very little respect for Tech in this line . I'm not at all surprised .... Tech ( -3 1/2 )

BetHorses!
01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
It certainly appears to be a TRAP.

rrbauer
01-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Very little respect for Tech in this line . I'm not at all surprised .... Tech ( -3 1/2 )

Game opened at TT -5.5

dav4463
01-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Tech will win 63-28. Mark it down! Go to Vegas!

1st time lasix
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Mississippi ranked 15th in total defense and has won five in a row. They beat LSU and Florida. Texas Tech can't stop anyone. Their defense against Oklahoma was non-existant. Big Twelve team have yet to impress me thus far this bowl season. I am with the dog in this one.

dylbert
01-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Texas Tech was up 14-zip and I was concerned. Johnny Rebs have comeback strong and tied game at 14-all!

Hotty Toddy!!!

Important fact just display by Fox: Ole Miss winning time of possession battle by over 10 minutes. Same strategy as Florida game, offense can't score when it ain't on the field. Texas Tech got 7 points from defensive TD.

Hotty Toddy!!!

dylbert
01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech will win 63-28. Mark it down! Go to Vegas!Start of 4th Quarter: 38-21 still chance that it can end, 63-28

Hotty Toddy!!!

dylbert
01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech will win 63-28. Mark it down! Go to Vegas!dav, hope that dishwashing job works out for you in Vegas! Hotty Toddy in Big D... Ole Miss, 47, Texas Tech, 28... with less than 4 minutes to go. I really don't think we can get 63 today.

HOTTY TODDY!!! SEC RULES (except for Steve Spurrier's Cocks)

dylbert
01-02-2009, 05:58 PM
FINAL SCORE: OLE MISS 47, TEXAS TECH 35

I love whiteboard on Ole Miss sideline held up by player, "94% said we couldn't win, WE DID!"

pktruckdriver
01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
SEC :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
01-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Several anaylist suggested Mack Brown should blitz often before their game against Tech . He seldom did and lost . Ole Miss did exactly that and won .

ezrabrooks
01-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Several anaylist suggested Mack Brown should blitz often before their game against Tech . He seldom did and lost . Ole Miss did exactly that and won .

I don't know about blitzing the Spread...but, Mack's got the best Defense in the B12. Fla could do a number on OU..

Ez

BetHorses!
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Many right on comments posted by rrbauer, Marshall Bennett, 1st time lasix and ezrabrooks, thanks guys and congrats to you.

Anyone notice one of the major offshores was at Tech-6 while others at 3.5

ElKabong
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
dav, hope that dishwashing job works out for you in Vegas! Hotty Toddy in Big D... Ole Miss, 47, Texas Tech, 28... with less than 4 minutes to go. I really don't think we can get 63 today.

You can add Nick Saban's Crimson Tide to that list.....A WAC team is handing him his ass.

ElKabong
01-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know about blitzing the Spread...but, Mack's got the best Defense in the B12. Fla could do a number on OU..

Ez

Given Stoops' lousy coaching jobs in BCS games the past 4 outings, I think florida beats the sooners. The mnc game pits the 3rd and 4th best teams in the country. Yawner.

cj's dad
01-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Apparently- there is zero defense in the Big 12

dylbert
01-02-2009, 11:26 PM
You can add Nick Saban's Crimson Tide to that list.....A WAC team is handing him his ass.Actually, Mountain West team is skewering Coach Saban and his team tonight. Utah plays in Mountain West; Utah State shows up in WAC.

WAC's only bowl winner, Louisiana Tech University, my late father's alma mater. And, I was there for 2008 Independence Bowl! Go Dawgs!!!

ElKabong
01-02-2009, 11:36 PM
ugh!! How could I make that mistake. I know Utarr is in the MVC :confused:

i'm an old fart, I remember them being in the old WAC. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Saban's genius tag just got tossed in the trashcan along with Stoops's. In his defense, I don't know what his team had to play for tonite. It's a dog n pony show for 17 million... When you have a top line player get shitcanned for doing something he knew would get him booted, it proves the players didn't have the game on their minds. Not making excuses for Bama, but it's true.

ElKabong
01-02-2009, 11:40 PM

Utah scored 1 td in the first 59 minutes vs TCU.

Utah scored 3 td's in the first quarter vs BAMA.

Add the SEC to your list ;)

(yes, TCU is a MVC team....but they struggle vs the b12)

cj
01-03-2009, 12:11 AM

Not true...OU pretty much stuffed Texas Tech as well.

dav4463
01-03-2009, 12:20 AM
dav, hope that dishwashing job works out for you in Vegas! Hotty Toddy in Big D... Ole Miss, 47, Texas Tech, 28... with less than 4 minutes to go. I really don't think we can get 63 today.

That's why I only bet horses! :)

dylbert
01-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Yes, Bama layed the proverbial egg in Sugar Bowl. I would assume that one or more assistant coaches may depart Tuscalossa after this debacle.

Next year is Saban's first year with more of his recruits than Shula's "leftovers." LSU should play better with newly arrived defensive coordinator from Tennessee. Hopefully, Ole Miss' Cotton Bowl victory will encourage more recruits to come to Oxford.

Texas Tech should have watched Florida film to understand how Ole Miss would attack their offense rather that simply letting it dictate tempo of game. Time of possession was key element of Ole Miss game plan as well. High-powered offenses don't score much from bench.

Florida and Oklahoma should give us one fast-paced, fun, exciting football game next Thursday evening.

cj
01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
This post isn't to knock Utah or Ole Miss, who both played great. I think both TT and Alabama probably lost a lot of motivation the last few weeks. Both had a national title shot in their grasp very late in the season only to wind up playing in what are basically exhibition games.

dylbert
01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
This post isn't to knock Utah or Ole Miss, who both played great. I think both TT and Alabama probably lost a lot of motivation the last few weeks. Both had a national title shot in their grasp very late in the season only to wind up playing in what are basically exhibition games.Well said... does anyone remember pre-merger NFL Playoff Bowl? This game pitted second place finishers from Eastern and Western Conferences for third-place. Both Texas Tech & Alabama looked like Playoff Bowl teams!

Honorable mention for Georgia Tech who got pounded by LSU. You gotta love Les Miles running fake punt with five TD lead. If LSU had scored, would Miles have attempted onside kick?

OU may get surprise Thursday night. Florida actually plays DEFENSE. Allowed opponents 12.2 points/game and 275.7 yards/game.

Pace Cap'n
01-04-2009, 04:25 PM
OU may get surprise Thursday night. Florida actually plays DEFENSE. Allowed opponents 12.2 points/game and 275.7 yards/game.

Then again, Florida hasn't seen an offense like OU's. The no-huddle will befuddle.

sammy the sage
01-05-2009, 07:14 AM
I think you'll see a some Fla. no-huddle... ;)

1st time lasix
01-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Have a three team "anti Big 12" parlay working....... Had Mississippi in first leg....Ohio State and the points second leg....Florida laying a field goal for the clincher at 5 to 1 on Thursday. I think the freshman -Pryor for Ohio State will give Texas defense some trouble. "Coming out" party when everyone is looking at McCoy. We will see. Good luck to all

ElKabong
01-05-2009, 07:58 PM
ugh!! How could I make that mistake. I know Utarr is in the MVC :confused:

LOL, just now saw this....Try MWC (the conference didn't even exist 12 years ago.

dylbert
01-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Then again, Florida hasn't seen an offense like OU's. The no-huddle will befuddle.Florida 24, Oklahoma 14... SEC Rules Again! Three-Peat!!!

HOTTY TODDY!

Pace Cap'n
01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Florida 24, Oklahoma 14... SEC Rules Again! Three-Peat!!!

HOTTY TODDY!

:-( Gulp!