PDA

View Full Version : Have You Made Any 2009 Handicapping, Betting etc. Resolutions?

trying2win
12-31-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm just wondering if you've made any 2009 handicapping, betting resolutions etc? Your game plan might include extra things like:

1. Choosing which tracks to play, or discarding certain ones off your play list.

2. Betting on more than one kind of racing.

3. Betting on-track, OTBS, or non-rebate ADWS exclusively, or a mixture of all of these.

4. Choosing to bet only ADW'S or offshore racebooks that pay a rebate, or a mixture of both of these.

5. A decision to continue to do research and study to improve your handicapping and/or betting strategies.

--As for me, after reviewing my results for 2008, some changes need to be made for making more progress in 2009. I'm commited to continue to improve in many areas of playing the races:

--1. I've decided to play fewer thoroughbred tracks overall. Naturally they will be tracks with 2008 positive results, or through follow-up study after a meet is over, to still bet certain tracks that fell just a little bit short of expectations. Those include EMERALD DOWNS (the most profitable one) and NORTHLANDS PARK, SANTA ANITA, HAWTHORNE, and TURF PARADISE.

Some of the worst-result tracks like HOLLYWOOD PARK and most other artificial dirt tracks, plus most eastern Canadian and American tracks are on the no-play list. Some of these worst-result tracks for me, could be described as 'EDDIE RABBIT' tracks...i.e. the negative results could described in the same way as the title of this late singer's hit song....'EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE'. For some unknown reasons, I can't get a handle on certain tracks, so they will be crossed off my 2009 play list.

--2. LOS ALAMITOS quarter horses, MEADOWLANDS and the WOODBINE/MOHAWK harness circuit, plus PHOENIX and TUCSON greyhounds to be on the 2009 play list as well.

--3. Mainly a no-bet policy on these no-rebate places.

--4. Emphazise most of my betting at these places. After all, who doesn't like extra income coming in from rebates?

--5. Yes, research on handicapping and/or betting techniques, plus some tweaking here on these two areas will continue.

Feel free to add any other categories I may have overlooked.

Thanks,

T2W

2low
12-31-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm just wondering if you've made any 2009 handicapping, betting resolutions etc? Your game plan might include extra things like:

1. Choosing which tracks to play, or discarding certain ones off your play list.

2. Betting on more than one kind of racing.

3. Betting on-track, OTBS, or non-rebate ADWS exclusively, or a mixture of all of these.

4. Choosing to bet only ADW'S or offshore racebooks that pay a rebate, or a mixture of both of these.

5. A decision to continue to do research and study to improve your handicapping and/or betting strategies.

2009 will be a year of proving my new theory and approach works. I vow to place at least 1,000 win bets before quitting again:) This time I actually have a plan of attack. It worked well in my stubby 140ish race test at the end of 2008 - finished up with a 39% edge by my calculations. That said, I started off extremely hot and wimpered to the finish line today winning my last race at Golden Gate to break a 16-race losing streak and a 2 for 35 streak. Yucko!

1) I want to have a set schedule so I can gather sufficient data on my tracks to make an honest go of it in 2009. I'll be playing Golden Gate, S. California, FG and EVD in Louisiana, Tampa and Calder in Florida and the big tracks in NY.

2) T-breds only for me. I'd rather scratch my eyes out than watch buggies go around for some reason. Quarters are fine to watch, but I don't have time to learn.

3, 4) Twin Spires for me. No rebates available:(. When Bay Meadows closed, so did my live racing, not that I went often anyway.

5) 2009 is my testbed. I need to spend any time I can learning the tracks since they're mostly new to me.

I also need to play enough races to really learn how the game works from a streakiness point of view. Playing poker, I found it didn't matter how often I heard about long losing streaks, I had to survive a couple of them before I could learn to accept them as a part of the game. I'm sure racing is the same way.

Good luck in 2009 everybody!:ThmbUp: