PDA

View Full Version : What? No posts about Caroline Kennedy?

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2008, 03:05 AM
What happened to all those who bombarded me with replies about how unfit Sarah Palin was to even hold a knife at the dinner table?

You guys have NOTHING to say about Caroline Kennedy and her remarkable NY Times interview? Nothing? Wow....

Overlay
12-31-2008, 03:18 AM
I haven't read the New York Times interview yet, and I wasn't one of those who railed against Governor Palin, but I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about Caroline Kennedy's qualifications (or lack thereof). That stems from not being a resident of New York state, not being a Democrat, and her selection not being in the hands of the electorate, but at the discretion of the state party establishment and the governor. I figure what will happen will happen. Bobby Kennedy and Hillary Clinton had never held any elective office before going to the Senate from New York, so I guess there's precedent.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Actually, her interview is best heard and not read....

The way Palin was treated, you would have thought PALIN talked this way....:lol:

XfpqMfCs8lU

I'm sure we'll see at least ONE skit on SNL about this...but then again, maybe not...after all, CK has the big (D) next to her name.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2008, 03:35 AM
I love when you have a (D) next to your name, they can find a way to explain it away, instead of just calling you an IDIOT, like they did to Palin:

StARK-LbV6M

bigmack
12-31-2008, 04:02 AM
She wouldn't be the first stammering Senator, but-a... Wow!

A frequently looped audible as that is downright spooky. & I mean SPOOKY. Whatever his name Patterson would be nuts to appoint this 'female Ken Doll'.

hcap
12-31-2008, 07:49 AM
You can't see Moscow from anywhere in NY state.

Tom
12-31-2008, 08:40 AM
But you can see the Kremlin. It's in Albany.
And the soda-pop po-leece march every day at 5.

Caroline - a ditz, a Kennedy....say no more.
But she has some pretty small shoes to fill.

hcap
12-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Can't wait till 2012 when Joe the Plumber is the GOP nominee?
Don't worry, he will be a CRACKajack candidate

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/thebigblog/library/joetheplumber.jpg

oddsmaven
12-31-2008, 10:11 AM
I'll chime in (consider myself a moderate democrat)...

I don't think she should be chosen and hope she won't be...qualifications aren't there...as one (of many) who gave a huge :ThmbDown: to the Palin choice, I'm not as worked up simply because my feelings are that not only was being one heartbeat away from prez a far more serious matter, but also "that one" was not just in over her head, but was also terribly abrasive & divisive, which is the last thing we needed more of.

Marshall Bennett
12-31-2008, 10:17 AM
You need not look any further than the new president to realize that qualifications and experience mean shit anymore . Why should her appointment be of any surprise ?

jognlope
12-31-2008, 10:37 AM
She's slow on her feet, but that doesn't mean she can't write law or come up with proposals, in writing..... but Cuomo and some others were better qualified. G. Ferraro said the senate would cher hew up and spit her out ... or something of that nature.

Tom
12-31-2008, 10:57 AM
hcap, as always, off the mark and sounding like a broken record, ken record, ken record, ken record, ken record, ken record..............

Wonder what year he is ringing in tonight......2000? 1992? :lol:

ddog
12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
I would rather have palin appointed.
I am against all dynasty appoints no matter which criminal syndicate they spawn from.

bushco kennedyco cuomoco any...co.

why keep letting the same criminals and their retarded inbreeds run the place?

jballscalls
12-31-2008, 11:26 AM
I would rather have palin appointed.
I am against all dynasty appoints no matter which criminal syndicate they spawn from.

bushco kennedyco cuomoco any...co.

why keep letting the same criminals and their retarded inbreeds run the place?

very much agree. Marshall made a comment earlier about experience meaning nothing anymore, and honestly I kind of hope that it doesnt. Career politicians are the usually the worst of the worst (pelosi, ted kennedy, the list goes on) so lets atleast give people who havent been totally corrupted a chance to prove that maybe they are corrupt and want to do things for the country.

jballscalls
12-31-2008, 11:31 AM
What happened to all those who bombarded me with replies about how unfit Sarah Palin was to even hold a knife at the dinner table?

You guys have NOTHING to say about Caroline Kennedy and her remarkable NY Times interview? Nothing? Wow....

None of us read the NY Times, very biased left paper imho.

JustRalph
12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Try this headline,

"Women who has never had to work a day in her life, promises to work twice as hard for NY State"

Perfect example of media bias. Nice job pointing it out PA.

Btw, Palin and her husband have been flying their
plane around Alaska for years.......without killing anybody :bang:

Lefty
12-31-2008, 11:45 AM
She's qualified to bring what the NY Gov wants. I understand she's a great fundraiser, you know and the gov need this for when he runs for reelection, you know. So money is her qualification and for this I think she will be picked, you know.

Tom
12-31-2008, 12:41 PM
How much is she paying for the seat?

chickenhead
12-31-2008, 12:57 PM

I don't live in NY so the topic doesn't hold much interest for me...and besides, we got the Terminator running the show out here...we're already suffering from this Kennedy infatuation that I don't understand.

JustRalph
12-31-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't live in NY so the topic doesn't hold much interest for me...and besides, we got the Terminator running the show out here...we're already suffering from this Kennedy infatuation that I don't understand.

I never understood it. Especially after all the stuff that has come out over the years. Any other family with this history would be shamed............

ddog
12-31-2008, 01:47 PM
very much agree. Marshall made a comment earlier about experience meaning nothing anymore, and honestly I kind of hope that it doesnt. Career politicians are the usually the worst of the worst (pelosi, ted kennedy, the list goes on) so lets atleast give people who havent been totally corrupted a chance to prove that maybe they are corrupt and want to do things for the country.

yeah, that old "experience" thang, well it isn't all it's cracked up to be lots of times.

the SAME OLD SAME OLD may count as time but it doesn't equate to experience as in I know lots of people that have had the same experience every year since they turned 21, they are just repeating the same mistakes every year.

experience in gvt anymore is just the same as experience serving time in a max lockdown with a bunch of lifer child molestor types, just gives them new ways to lure , rape and pilage honest folks on the outside.

riskman
12-31-2008, 02:25 PM
You need not look any further than the new president to realize that qualifications and experience mean shit anymore

Obama was previously a Illinois State Senator, ELECTED, a U.S. Senator, ELECTED, a Democratic Presidential nominee, ELECTED.
George W. Bush and Dick Cheney created the conditions for a turning-point election that brought to Washington a resurgent Democratic Party, and the election of first black president of the United States. Quite a record for one "commander-in-chief" presidency.The political blunders, serious mistakes, and governmental failures of the last eight years so discredited the administration of George W. Bush – his name was barely mentioned in the major speeches at the Republican convention and rarely mentioned in the campaighn. Even John McCain chose to run under the banner of "maverick" as a candidate of "change." Obama may be inexperienced--but compared to the outgoing crew, the American public were desperate
for anything different.

Tom
12-31-2008, 07:24 PM
So you are saying most Americans are basically morons?
I can agree with that. Over half, I would say. I would guess about 30-40% tops of us are not idiots at heart and lazy SOS by nature. We only need about 10 states to cover us and we could cut loose the rest and be the better for it. We got a lot of anchors on this ship.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-31-2008, 07:50 PM
I believe Obama was an IL State Rep, not a senator. Represented people from his local area within Chicago. His election to U.S. Senate from IL was boosted when the original republican opponent and front-runner, Jack Ryan, withdrew from the race after embarasing revelations from his ex-wife actress Geri Ryan from their divorce proceedings and his sexual desires. With the unpopular republican governor at that time having to not seek nominiation for a bribery scandal that eventually sent him to prison, by the same last name, Ryan, no less but not related, Obama's path to the U.S. Senate suddenly became very clear, when no high-profile IL republican was willing to step forward to be the late replacement, and an interested out-of-state republican candidate, Alan Keyes, was interested enough to take the spot. Frankly, former IL Governor Jim Edgar and even Mike Ditka were talked about for the spot, and either of them might have won had they run, but they really didn't want the job, nor the hastle and media circus/scrutiny/frenzy it would have brought on them and their famillies.

hcap
12-31-2008, 08:02 PM
I believe Obama was an IL State Rep, not a senator.
Steve, check your Stats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

"He is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney in Chicago before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He also taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. Following an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, Obama was elected to the Senate in November 2004. Obama delivered the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004.

Marshall Bennett
12-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Steve, check your Stats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

"He is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney in Chicago before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He also taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. Following an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, Obama was elected to the Senate in November 2004. Obama delivered the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004.
... and thats about it Hcap . All wrapped up in one paragraph . Sounds qualified to me . :bang:

Steve 'StatMan'
12-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Looks like it was the IL Senate then. FWIW still doesn't cover a large region, so one doesn't need a broad base of support to get elected to the IL State Senate. Remember I'm from IL, and most of us aren't too thrilled with any of our politicians nor IL politics, so I know I'm pretty much not impressed by anything or anyone in IL politics anymore. I know, too soon after Christmas for bah-hum-bum already.

Tom
01-01-2009, 12:17 AM
But the question remains unanswered.....is he a citizen of the United States?
And why is he hiding all his records? What is he afraid of?

jballscalls
01-01-2009, 12:24 AM
And why is he hiding all his records? What is he afraid of?

didnt he have a birth certificate that said he's from hawaii??

PaceAdvantage
01-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Iwhy keep letting the same criminals and their retarded inbreeds run the place?Finally, something we can agree on! On more than one occasion, I tried to make this very same point regarding Palin and those who argued she wasn't "smart enough" or "qualified enough."

It's amazing folks could say with a straight face that Palin wasn't smart enough or qualified enough, while at the same time, looking at all the eggheads and Ivy Leaguers who currently occupy positions of power in DC...look at where all that brain power and "experience" has gotten us! :lol: :lol:

hcap
01-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Finally, something we can agree on! On more than one occasion, I tried to make this very same point regarding Palin and those who argued she wasn't "smart enough" or "qualified enough."

It's amazing folks could say with a straight face that Palin wasn't smart enough or qualified enough, while at the same time, looking at all the eggheads and Ivy Leaguers who currently occupy positions of power in DC...look at where all that brain power and "experience" has gotten us! :lol: :lol:In what respect Charlie?? :lol: :lol:

And why is he hiding all his records? What is he afraid of?In what respect Charlie?? :lol: :lol:

hcap
01-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Happy New Year GOP/Conservatives from Mad

http://crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2009/01/mad_father_time7_bb5ce.jpg

Palin/Joe the Plumber 2012

fast4522
01-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Such a hateful person, as a child you were not taught love, but hate?

Marshall Bennett
01-01-2009, 05:47 PM
He's basically living in the past . With Obama's reign almost here , a democratic house & senate firmly in place , he'll be miserable . He'll have to constantly re-live the past to get his fix . What a waste of energy . I almost feel sorry for him , but I don't . I could care less !!

dylbert
01-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Can't wait till 2012 when Joe the Plumber is the GOP nominee?
hcap, be afraid, be very afraid of next GOP nominee, Piyush "Bobby" Jindal!

Tom
01-01-2009, 06:01 PM

Come from being a loser so many years. :lol:

fast4522
01-01-2009, 06:08 PM
The people of the United States love a divided government, Nancy and the gang will implode again when she goes to cut off their stones only to face a angry electric, all revisionist want to change this country to something euro like, only to find out its not that easy.

hcap
01-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Come from being a loser so many years.
hcap, be afraid, be very afraid of next GOP nominee, Piyush "Bobby" Jindal!In what respect Charlies? :lol: :bang: :D :rolleyes:

JustRalph
01-02-2009, 12:25 PM
hcap, be afraid, be very afraid of next GOP nominee, Piyush "Bobby" Jindal!

I am really getting sick of hearing about Jindal and Palin.

Both need to go away...............at least get the hell out of the news...........

BIG RED
01-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Can't blame her eloquence .... look what family she is from.
This guys my senater, everytime he speaks, I try and listen, but I feel like I'm going to go off a cliff......He does a ton of "and um..and um.." all the time.

3YaRpx3LphI&feature

Marshall Bennett
01-02-2009, 02:47 PM
As much as Caroline's " ya know ya know ya know ya know ya know " ?

wonatthewire1
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM

Both need to go away...............at least get the hell out of the news...........

but but but but - Palin is a media superstar!

and a new grammy

Though my buds over at Free Republic weren't too happy that baby Tripp was born before the wedding. Don't they got shotguns in AK?

Rookies
01-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Happy New Year all ! Spent mine at Niagara Falls with many of the peoples of the world...

I've already said my piece on Plain. She just wasn't ready for V.P. Primetime... this time. Simply didn't have a significant in depth grasp of most of the world's issues. You can get away with that further down the food chain, but not for the position she ran for. It was a clever move for a short while, by the Republicans , as it camouflaged McCain who simply didn't have it at all...

As far as Kennedy, I'm inclined to be in agreement with Tom's opinion that so many of the American populace don't have Clue 1 about the political process. However, this has become a deadly virus among so many of the democracies.

Many times, the people have chosen AND they make some idiotic choices.

On Kennedy, as some have pointed out, she doesn't have to hit the same high bar as Palin's position required. But should she get appointed as simply a good Democratic soldier, who has done some good works, but not hard work ?

Probably not.

Just like the useless tools, sycophants and party toadies our neocon Prime Minister appointed to our UNELECTED Senate. Who ever respects such people ?

The real problem is that we're missing so many of those traditional virtues today: honour, sacrifice, hard work, selflessness- the essence of doing the right thing for the right reasons all the time.

I hope the new President, the one I strongly supported, can begin to change some of that culture starting in about 3 weeks.

Tom
01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't think Obama will change the culture - he is the culture. He is what is wrong with our system. He is the culmination of the ignorance. He is what you get when you dumb it down too far.

Good luck to us all - we put the wrong man in charge, unless yo are looking to stop being a super-power and become a hand-out state, and are willing to surrender your freedom for a hand out.

JustRalph
01-02-2009, 11:55 PM
I got a call about a rumored scandal about a politician in Ohio who is in trouble............ he was caught on video answering this question:

" why do you think Obama won so easily?"

His response:

" We have finally reached the point where there are more people sucking on the Government Teet, than we have feeding the cow we call Government"

I hope the video comes out........that would be funny........BTW, he is a Dem........ :lol:

Caroline is one more clueless rich person who thinks they can save us all.............. from ourselves

Tom
01-03-2009, 12:48 PM
CK's solution to us all - do her momma did and marry an old rich dude.
There is a word for that......no, not Kennedy, something else.

Never has there been a family that has done so little and has so much.

Marshall Bennett
01-03-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah , and never has there been a family that has done so much wrong and served such little time !!

cj's dad
01-05-2009, 08:19 AM

Please add the Kennedys, Clintons and the Bushes to the list.
Enough already.

JustRalph
01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
http://wcbstv.com/politics/caroline.kennedy.us.2.900585.html

Poll favors Cuomo

http://wcbstv.com/politics/caroline.kennedy.us.2.900585.html