PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Handicapping Software Poll!

Speed Figure
12-29-2008, 07:57 PM
New Handicapping Software Poll!!

BeatTheChalk
12-29-2008, 09:45 PM
New Handicapping Software Poll!!

I can not vote .. and I also feel left out .. unwashed .. behind the curve
and out to lunch. You see - I have never even SEEN any of that software..
never mind Voting on it. Sheesh.
Thanks for messing up my entire year :bang: Lucky for me it only has
a few days to go. I love yawl anyway :D :cool: :sleeping: :liar: :kiss:

RichieP
12-30-2008, 03:24 AM
"Speed"

There is a "Validator4" that was updated by Ted Craven when Trackmaster changed their speed ratings/variants couple of years back.

He brought everything back inline with Doc Sartin's original formulas after working closely with him and the programmers over at Trackmaster.

This new software was then sent FREE to all members who asked for it courtesy of Doc,Ted and Bill Varone(One of Howard's "favorite sons":)) over at Pace and Cap website.

It is separate from the MUCH better RDSS package.

Just a heads up that there are a LOT of these around and maybe some are members here.

Happy New Year and I hope you and your son are well.
Take care:)

Tom
12-30-2008, 07:34 AM
CJ, HTR, Val4.

cmoore
12-30-2008, 09:17 AM
No PROCAPS on the list..Those are probably the files that many here sign up for to use on all these programs listed..I just can't bet what a software program spits out. I'm mostly hands on when it comes to handicapping..Get the pen out and start marking the pps. I use procaps to compare figures but hardly ever go by the models it creates. Then I use sire and race reports which are a life saver when betting maidens. I've posted the link on here many times but most are too lazy to learn how to read them..That's all good..I'll continue to be the best mdn handicapper on this site. Juanespstein is a close 2nd..;)

Speed Figure
12-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the input guys! maybe a Moderator can edit the list and change val 2 to val 4. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

BillW-mod
12-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys! maybe a Moderator can edit the list and change val 2 to val 4. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

Speed,

If I have access, I can't find it. Looks like Mike will have to do it. Ship him a PM.

Bill

dylbert
12-30-2008, 09:49 PM
:ThmbUp: Major props to Pace Figures :ThmbUp:

CJ is always first class with his responsiveness and assistance.

Speed Figure
12-30-2008, 11:25 PM
If guys don't mind telling the good things and bad things about the program there using, please do so.

kitts
12-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Gee, I didn't get to vote for All-In-One V^. I believe there are more than a few users.

Speed Figure
12-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Gee, I didn't get to vote for All-In-One V^. I believe there are more than a few users.
Kitts, your right, I forgot about All-In-One. Maybe PA can put it up there.

PaceAdvantage
01-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Well, I put it in there, but adding options to a poll after voting begins kind of messes with the whole validity thing...

raybo
01-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Looks like "100% homegrown" is leading the way, this is interesting, and a little surprising, at least for me, I'm glad to see it, however, as I've always believed that the best software for each player is the one he/she designs. It requires quite a bit of work and time but you usually get what you want in the end.

facorsig
01-03-2009, 01:06 AM

Could also be interesting to see a poll of which software has the most former users. I think All In One will be up there as a pioneer, but in my opinion, this one has fallen far behind competing software.

grahors
01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
CJ, Paceappraiser, Taulbot SW.

JustRalph
01-03-2009, 05:47 PM
well,

bigmack
01-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Synergism & HandicappingOS are no longer in the deck?

kitts
01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
In behalf of the All-In-One fans, thanks to PA for putting us in the list.

proximity
01-06-2009, 05:50 AM
between cynthia's software and pine's software..... do any of these programs use actual speed and pace figures that are created using both separate (for pace and final) and real variants (ie. not hokey adjustments to the drf variant)?

raybo
01-06-2009, 06:59 AM
It appears that since PTC has started giving their members access to CJs Pace Figures, a combination of PTC, CJs Figures, and home grown software would have garnered the largest % of the poll.

Interesting.

Bruddah
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
It is the most versatile software I have ever seen and I looked at a bunch of them over the years. It allows you to build, search and data mine your PP's but I believe the author of the software is by far the most knowledgable young man I have ever had the pleasure to know. If you want customization he'll accomomdate. Allows you to build a range of (UDM's) User Defined Methods with a click of the mouse. A short learning curve even for a non techie old fart like me. The best money I have ever spent on horse racing...BAR NONE!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Niko
01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Couldn't agree more Bruddah. I got the 90 day demo version and bought it after playing around with it for 3 days. Very impressive.

I knew I'd never get around to learn how to build a database and do queries, and now I don't have to. Now I just have to find more time to play with it. :)

richrosa
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Synergism & HandicappingOS are no longer in the deck?

I'm still around and adding features every month. I have a BIG announcement coming in January about a very substantial change and re-launch to HandicappingOS that begins in February.

facorsig
01-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Is there anyone here who has used three or more of the top commercially available software packages? This is a poll I ran several months ago about how many software packages we have experience with and about one person in three has used three or more with quite a few people using more than one.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46004

My reason for posting is that these polls tend to be a bit of a popularity contest and I would like to point out that having the most votes may not be an indication of being the best. Go to your high school reunion and check out the most popular guy and girl and see where they are now!

If there is a user with experience with multiple packages, I would be interested in what they are using, how and why.

ryesteve
01-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I would like to point out that having the most votes may not be an indication of being the best.
Especially when you can't help but notice that some of the programs are getting a disproportionate number of votes from people who never post around here. Makes you wonder why... but I'm going to guess that the reason isn't that they're too busy counting their money...

TRM
01-11-2009, 12:54 PM
CJ, and Homegrown

raybo
01-11-2009, 01:11 PM
CJ, and Homegrown

PTC, CJ, and Home grown. :)

JustRalph
01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
It is the most versatile software I have ever seen and I looked at a bunch of them over the years. It allows you to build, search and data mine your PP's but I believe the author of the software is by far the most knowledgable young man I have ever had the pleasure to know. If you want customization he'll accomomdate. Allows you to build a range of (UDM's) User Defined Methods with a click of the mouse. A short learning curve even for a non techie old fart like me. The best money I have ever spent on horse racing...BAR NONE!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Couldn't have said it better...........

except maybe one thing................It is fun to use.......

Speed Figure
01-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm really surprised at how many users some of these handicapping programs have. Black Magic 24, HSH 22, J Capper 19, RDSS 19, that's a lot of users!!.

raybo
01-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm really surprised at how many users some of these handicapping programs have. Black Magic 24, HSH 22, J Capper 19, RDSS 19, that's a lot of users!!.

PA has over 5000 members.

Speed Figure
01-16-2009, 06:22 PM
PA has over 5000 members.Well, really it's over 9000, but how many of them post about handicapping? not everybody is in the software.

BillW
01-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, really it's over 9000, but how many of them post about handicapping? not everybody is in the software.

I think it was around 1000 "active" last time PA checked.

parshooter
01-19-2009, 05:16 AM
ROFLMFAO:D :D :D

dartman51
02-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I can't really vote for any one program as I have 6 of those listed and several more not listed. I actually use several. I like Equisim for database abilities to search trends in trainers and jockeys. I like My Way(not 4) for the Race Notes and Angles screens. I use TIPS for the obvious reasons. I use Jcapper for certain things. I use Computrak for Turf races and I also use a program called Quick Play. I guess what I'm saying, is that I haven't found 1 program that does everything that I want. I am continually testing new software, and if I find something that works in a certain area, better than others, I use it.