PDA

View Full Version : Racing Partnerships

chickenhead
12-29-2008, 04:11 PM
I always seem to get into trouble anytime I have both too much time on my hands and get irritated about something. I don’t know if it’s peculiar to me, or just a symptom of growing up with Google around, but any time I can’t find what I’m looking for inside of about 10 minutes I start to go crazy.

The other day I wanted to find out what racing partnerships are around that have horses racing in California, and it quickly became apparent that there didn’t seem to be any good way to find out easily.

So I ended up building a Web Directory of all the racing partnerships I could find, since I was looking at all the info anyway. Since I basically ended up going to all of their websites, it covers Thoroughbred and Standardbred partnerships in both the US and Canada.

I also figured anyone interested in a partnership would want to hear from former clients without searching all over the place (think Amazon User Reviews). So I added that to the website too.

If anyone here has any interest in partnerships, or has been in one or more and feels like making recommendations to others, you can check it out here:

http://www.northamericanracingpartnerships.com

It’s at least passably accurate for a start, and while I can’t vouch that all these partnerships still exist, they all still at least have web sites that function.

onefast99
12-29-2008, 04:53 PM
I have had only one partner in our stable, the wife.

ryesteve
12-29-2008, 06:21 PM
This is really excellent... good stuff.

Question: when you click the NY listings, you only get the first 20... maybe it's obvious, but I don't see how to advance to the next page of listings.

chickenhead
12-29-2008, 06:39 PM
good catch, I'll look into that tonight.

facorsig
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I created bookmarks to every racing partnership about 4 years ago. These are dynamic companies and many websites were inactive a year or two later. When I get home to my main PC, I will see if I have any links you are missing. Starview Stables offices in NJ, not NY. I believe Turf Express are based in TX. The only impact of this is the state of incorporation against the primary racing state.

I also setup notices with DRF for every entry and workout for about six of the more well-known partnerships to measure their "success". It was interesting to see many quickly dropped down to low level claimers.
Fred

chickenhead
12-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks Fred, I appreciate it.

If I thought I could do it with any accuracy I'd like to post their racing records for trailing 3 years on each of their pages, Starts W-P-S and purse monies, but I don't have that capability, and that probably would open me up to trouble anyway.

I plan on doing a bulk mailing to ask them to check their page and submit any corrections along with a summary, so hopefully in a week or two it will be flushed out a bit more, and whichever "Active States" labels are currently wrong will be corrected.

Grits
12-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Yet isn't it amazing with racing partnerships, how those who put them together, LIVE SO WELL on your money?

While too, EACH becomes an expert at buying horseflesh, whether its a 10K claimer or a 500K two year old in training.

Sign the dotted line, then dream BIG.

chickenhead
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Question: when you click the NY listings, you only get the first 20... maybe it's obvious, but I don't see how to advance to the next page of listings.

It's fixed, all listings show up now.

098poi
12-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm impressed that you could whip this up in your spare time.

When I do my laundry I feel like I accomplished something!

CryingForTheHorses
12-30-2008, 10:54 AM

Isnt that the truth...Ask the wife first!! :lol:

cj's dad
12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I bet I know who has 51%

ryesteve
01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Would it be easy to set up a page that lets you browse all the recommendations, without having to click each partnership individually?

chickenhead
01-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm working on doing something like that. A page kind of like the individual states pages, but a "recommendation received" page, it will include the partnerships from all states that have recommendations.

So everyone with a recommendation would show up on the page, with the +/- so you can expand and read them. Would that do what you want?

ryesteve
01-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm working on doing something like that. A page kind of like the individual states pages, but a "recommendation received" page, it will include the partnerships from all states that have recommendations.

So everyone with a recommendation would show up on the page, with the +/- so you can expand and read them. Would that do what you want?
That would work at first, but if you want to see new recommendations since your last visit, it'd become a lengthy click-fest. Is there any way to display all the recommendations blog-style, so the most recent ones would be at the top?

chickenhead
01-07-2009, 02:14 PM
oh I see what you want, JUST a recommendations page. Yes, that would be very easy, check back in a day or two.

chickenhead
01-08-2009, 10:54 AM
linked to on the front page on the right hand column under Directory:

Read all Recommendations (http://www.northamericanracingpartnerships.com/2009/01/racing-partnership-recommendations.html)

facorsig
01-08-2009, 11:13 AM
The detailed listing I had of partnerships from several years ago has disappeared among the computer file transfers. The list originated from a 2003 edition of Blood Source.

So far the reviews appear to be very honest.

ryesteve
01-08-2009, 01:21 PM
linked to on the front page on the right hand column under Directory:

Read all Recommendations (http://www.northamericanracingpartnerships.com/2009/01/racing-partnership-recommendations.html)
That's fantastic, thanks!

chickenhead
02-03-2009, 10:05 AM
I've added the ability for partnerships to post extended FAQs on the site. I ended up modeling it on some questions from the TOBA site. It's not perfect, but I think it's a good start. If nothing else having it in a standardized format should make it easier on people. So far we've had 4 takers, hopefully more will fill them out as time goes on.

(you can see all this on the What's New page)