PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben injured - WHY???

cj's dad
12-28-2008, 07:21 PM
watching this game this afternoon, a number of us were wondering why the Steeler brain trust decided to play their starters in a meaningless game.

The Titans who like the Steelers had nothing to gain, rested their starters and were shut out; who cares??

The Balti-(oops) Indy Colts played Peyton for 1 series and he was replaced by Sorgi for the rest of the game- who cares??

There is absolutely no reason for the Pitsberg Steelers to play Big ben i this game and to play him is inexcusable.

Spin that steelers fans !!!

JustRalph
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Between that Motorcylce wreck and that shit today, I would think Big Ben has lost at least a year off of his career. Those aching bones are eventually going to catch up.

Valuist
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Between that Motorcylce wreck and that shit today, I would think Big Ben has lost at least a year off of his career. Those aching bones are eventually going to catch up.

He's had nagging injuries all year. And toss in an appendicitis right after the motorcycle accident. I agree with the earlier assertion; Mike Tomlin isn't gets the Bonehead of the week award.

ldiatone
12-29-2008, 09:36 AM
watching this game this afternoon, a number of us were wondering why the Steeler brain trust decided to play their starters in a meaningless game.

The Titans who like the Steelers had nothing to gain, rested their starters and were shut out; who cares??

The Balti-(oops) Indy Colts played Peyton for 1 series and he was replaced by Sorgi for the rest of the game- who cares??

There is absolutely no reason for the Pitsberg Steelers to play Big ben i this game and to play him is inexcusable.

Spin that steelers fans !!!

ohhh its only a flesh wound. Ben is a tough kid and the coach plays to win.
Ben will play in the first playoff game.

ldiatone
ps PITTSBURGH--> that beat baltimore TWICE

cj's dad
12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
ohhh its only a flesh wound. Ben is a tough kid and the coach plays to win.
Ben will play in the first playoff game.

ldiatone
ps PITTSBURGH--> that beat baltimore TWICE
I had to know that a Steelers fan would defend a dumb move.
1-Imagine if that (concussion) happened to Terry Bradshaw- how would the doctors know.
2- the coach is an idiot for risking BR with that 2nd rate offensive line; and that lne is offensive. O-line will be the reason the Steelers don't go all the way.
3- Beat baltimore twice - yep - both games were tough beats, but somehow the Ravens are alive and well and a team not high on anybody's wish list.

ldiatone
12-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I had to know that a Steelers fan would defend a dumb move.
1-Imagine if that (concussion) happened to Terry Bradshaw- how would the doctors know.
2- the coach is an idiot for risking BR with that 2nd rate offensive line; and that lne is offensive. O-line will be the reason the Steelers don't go all the way.
3- Beat baltimore twice - yep - both games were tough beats, but somehow the Ravens are alive and well and a team not high on anybody's wish list.
well yes i will defend a smart move. will not go into why the coach (who has made the playoffs first 2 years as a head coach) but i'm getting tired of people(general) media etc why don't they sit this player or that player. hey they pay the guys to play, he could get hurt 1st game(brady) or last game.
Ben will play so will Hines, parker, and troy. oh how many balti....clev....ind.....QB's have 4 superbowl rings like Bradshaw? and MVP's
what city ARE the "birddies" from?
ldiatone
ps what'da have the browns and the points :lol: :lol:

cj's dad
12-29-2008, 07:27 PM
It appears that you may have misspelled your log in name

rastajenk
12-29-2008, 07:54 PM
watching this game this afternoon, a number of us were wondering why the Steeler brain trust decided to play their starters in a meaningless game.Because teams that lay down in meaningless games get beat in the next meaningful game. You can look it up.

cj's dad
12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
I disagree that resting key players and playing their back ups who should have every reason to give 100% is laying down.

The Colts rested PM and won.
The Giants pulled Eli and lost on the last play
The Steelers lost BR and shut out the Browns

You can look it up.

proximity
12-29-2008, 08:23 PM
perhaps coach tomlin's pre-xmas snubbing of santa came back to jinx the team?

Marshall Bennett
12-29-2008, 09:02 PM
I beleive resting players for part of a game is okay , I don't beleive sitting them out entirely to prevent injury is wise either . Often baseball teams have their divisions wrapped up weeks before the season ends and although injury is less of a factor there , they do happen . How often do you see quality starters skip their last 2 or 3 starts to prevent injury ? I also beleive most players would rather be playing than sitting on a bench , especially in freezing weather ... and if nothing else , they owe it to their fans , tickets aren't cheap .

ponyplayerdotca
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey, the Steelers got caught on a decision.

The coach decided to play starters for the first half (like many teams in this no-win situation).

Roethlisberger was hurt in the final two minutes of the first half - that's a tough break.

The Colts played Peyton one series - that's how Dungy does it.

The Titans sat almost everybody - that's how Fisher does it.

The Giants played Eli for the first half - that's how Coughlin decided to do it THIS YEAR. Last year, he played all his starters the whole game against New England.

Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't.

The real problem is that Roethlisberger has a history of head trauma (like many before him) and with each hit the brain takes, you never know how much less they come back when cleared to play again.

Concussions don't "go away" in just two weeks. He'll be feeling it for a long while.

ldiatone
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
It appears that you may have misspelled your log in name
i don't think so pal!
ldiatone

rastajenk
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
The one team that played this weekend that got to take it easy in the final game is out.

ralph_the_cat
01-06-2009, 12:52 AM
They have a first week buy... why not try and keep your guys sharp... also knowing you have the best back-up in the league doesnt make it as scary as it could be... he was going to get pulled after the first half anyways... thats not being a bone head at all... My concern was why Troy P was still playing in the second half...

I dont agree with your guys thoughts on Ben either, his career isnt shortn a year.... its shortn about 4 years by now... how old is he... 26?... guy looks like an old man getting up off the ground, hes going to be the most sacked quarter back in NFL history at the pace hes going... BIG problem for that $100,000,000 contract...

rastajenk
01-21-2009, 08:36 AM
There's not much this year to support the "rest the starters to assure playoff success" strategy. Too much parity out there to get away with that attitude.