answer. Pathetic. Way over 100 grand was bet on this ROUTER in a 7 furlong
race ! SA management should give a pubic apology .. and the connections
should do the same.
The Colonel did put on a good show :blush: Looked like a " rally " and
just missed the Show slot. Losing by 4 lengths. Of course we need horses
like this....to suck out the cash from the Unwashed. Dont tell anyone

Hank
12-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Had the race set up better for him yes he could have won. The winner was a tough speed loose on the lead,like you said he closed ground late to be beaten 3 2/3 lengths in a 7 panel race run in like 1:20'1. Do you think Col john is good enough to do this without real intent?

bellsbendboy
12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not but in general most horses in any race have little or no chance.

In general, today, Saturday 12/27 there are maybe twenty tracks running with perhaps some 1500 horses entered. A conservative guesstimate would be that 500 of them have little shot and their respective trainers are well aware that they have little hope.

For Colonel John in particular, Harty had little option. There was no race in the condition book for 3yo's which have not won $500K thrice. Affirmed, Silver Charm, Lava Man and a host of other top notch horses have been defeated in the Malibu. bbb

strapper
12-27-2008, 10:26 AM
I didn't like Col. John in the Malibu and it didn't appear that he would make any run at all down the backside. Just too short for him, could be a different horse with a couple of additional furlongs next time.

joanied
12-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I look forward to seeing Col. John going longer...we need him and I hope several others to be our handicap horses this year...what 4 yr olds to we have running for 2009?

JustRalph
12-27-2008, 10:48 AM
i just think he is inconsistent. Can't count on him.

Whatever..............

joanied
12-27-2008, 10:55 AM
i just think he is inconsistent. Can't count on him.

Whatever..............

Yes, he was that racing as a 3 yr old...maybe he'll be one of the better older horses in '09...can't count him out just yet!!

supercap
12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Does anyone here REALLY believe that the horse was entered to win the
race? Would the jock reeeely push the horse ? Of course we all know the
answer. Pathetic. Way over 100 grand was bet on this ROUTER in a 7 furlong
race ! SA management should give a pubic apology .. and the connections
should do the same.
The Colonel did put on a good show :blush: Looked like a " rally " and
just missed the Show slot. Losing by 4 lengths. Of course we need horses
like this....to suck out the cash from the Unwashed. Dont tell anyone
Tough to bet him when there is a lone speed horse in the race, much less one who set a world record at this track!!!

WinterTriangle
12-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Tough to bet him when there is a lone speed horse in the race, much less one who set a world record at this track!!!

Well the bettors seemed to have missed that. ;) BBJ went off at fantastic odds!!!! Like having a late christmas present handed to you.

Shemp Howard
12-27-2008, 04:03 PM
If I recall correctly he has a 7f win on his card.

joanied
12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm too damned lazy to look it up... who do we have running in '09 as older horses...we had so many retire this year...I'm having a hard time thinking of any just off the top of my head:)

plainolebill
12-27-2008, 05:38 PM
I didn't even consider Colonel John for the win. He beat maidens in his 7f win.