PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne Cancelled Friday

The Hawk
12-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Huge carryover has to wait until tomorrow (at least).

rgustafson
12-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Pinheads wait until 15 minutes after post time for the 1st race to decide that the track is unsafe.:confused: .

JustRalph
12-26-2008, 05:18 PM
are they going to run today's card tomorrow?

if not, tons of wasted handicapping for the last week :bang: :bang:

Steve 'StatMan'
12-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Will they run tomorrows card tomorrow?

Lots of precip, rain & snow got into the track and froze into the cushion when temperature near/below zero for few days. Now the warmup and current rain thawed part of the track out and it must be soupy mud with still thawing dirt underneath. May not drop below freezing tonight, but how will the track be tomorrow after continued rains and hopefully the final thawing? With riders having a lack of confidence on the surface (canceled Today Friday, and past 2 Sundays) who knows what tomorrow brings. Riders might not even know. Very unfortunate situation, esp. with the record local Pick-Six Carryover and all the holiday week off-days leading up to what was supposed to be a big weekend.

Valuist
12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
are they going to run today's card tomorrow?

if not, tons of wasted handicapping for the last week :bang: :bang:

My guess is they won't. Hawthorne has the majority of its cancellations when the track is thawing out. We've had bitter cold recently but got up to 40 today and maybe 45 tomorrow. Maybe because its a Saturday card and the carryover is so big, the maintenance crew may work extra long to get it ready. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.