PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing Screenshots

BIG RED
12-23-2008, 09:46 AM
This is how I grab little or cut down pictures from a screenshot. In print looks like a lot, but only takes seconds.

I do the screenshot >>> open in paint >>>> use the rectangle from top left >>>> border what part of the picture I want >>>> drag it out a bit >>>> then right click that and send it to my desktop >>>>> upload it to a free server (imageshack)..and I'm done.

Problem I just starting having is when I do the right click to send it to docs or dt, nothing happens? It doesn't even show a file (in the pop-up window). Any ideas? I like doing it this way, it is fast....but maybe another way if I have to.

robert99
12-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Faststone Capture is even easier - the last free version was 5.3 which you can get at sites such as

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=775

Latest paid versions are about $20

You can control exactly which bit to capture, scroll capture, edit it, add notes to image, caption it, border it , resize, automatically save it to file Word, email, or the web.

Tom
12-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I do the same thing, but after grabbing what I want to use, I save it as a jpeg.

BIG RED
01-02-2009, 07:00 AM
wouldn't this be a windows problem, not a screenshot software problem?

LottaKash
01-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Faststone Capture is even easier - the last free version was 5.3 which you can get at sites such as

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=775

Latest paid versions are about $20

You can control exactly which bit to capture, scroll capture, edit it, add notes to image, caption it, border it , resize, automatically save it to file Word, email, or the web.

Robert99, I just downloaded that program, a nifty little thing to be sure.....Started playing with it, and haven't got it down as of yet, but I'm sure to get it with some time....Thanks for the headsup.....I do like it much.....

Perhaps you may extend to me a little hand-holding here......I would like to capture some screenshots of some particular trackmaster past performances, as I would really like to share a screenshot or two with others... Would you be so kind to spell out a protocol on how to produce and integrate a screenshot into a post in this forum..

thx ahead........:jump:

best,

beaucap1
01-02-2009, 11:48 PM
There's a program called "snagit". It's about 50.00. It's well worth it. snagit.com they have a free trial. :ThmbUp:

raybo
01-03-2009, 12:00 AM
I use "Screenhunter 5.0". It's free and you can border before capturing the image, then save it anywhere you want.

beaucap1
01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks for Info. Did you enter meadowlands contest. I did. :bang:

robert99
01-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Robert99, I just downloaded that program, a nifty little thing to be sure.....Started playing with it, and haven't got it down as of yet, but I'm sure to get it with some time....Thanks for the headsup.....I do like it much.....

Perhaps you may extend to me a little hand-holding here......I would like to capture some screenshots of some particular trackmaster past performances, as I would really like to share a screenshot or two with others... Would you be so kind to spell out a protocol on how to produce and integrate a screenshot into a post in this forum..

thx ahead........:jump:

best,

LK, it is very powerful for such a tiny thing.

Store your screenshot on your PC.
PA only allow attached files to 97.7Kb size (fastone have a free resizer, if needed).
Click to make a PA reply and scroll down that reply page until you see Attach Files/ Manage Attachments, click and then select Browse to go to the folder where your files is stored on your PC. Your file source details and name appears in the PA page just above. Click Upload and you are done.

LottaKash
01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
LK, it is very powerful for such a tiny thing.

Store your screenshot on your PC.
PA only allow attached files to 97.7Kb size (fastone have a free resizer, if needed).
Click to make a PA reply and scroll down that reply page until you see Attach Files/ Manage Attachments, click and then select Browse to go to the folder where your files is stored on your PC. Your file source details and name appears in the PA page just above. Click Upload and you are done.

Hey Robert99, thx so much for the protocol, and yes again, this little program is very crazy good, and powerful.....love it.....and the (free) price is just right....

Now I will give it a go.........:jump:

best,