PDA

View Full Version : Some people will do anything for ratings

highnote
12-23-2008, 02:51 AM
I've heard some wild assed conspiracy theories from public figures in my time, but this one takes the cake. He can't be serious. :D

The next four years are gonna be great entertainment!!!

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/12/22/limbaugh-democrats-indy/

Limbaugh’s Crazy Conspiracy Theory: Democrats Started The Economic Crisis To Help Elect Obama»
Today, the New York Times had an article about how right-wing talk radio is gearing up to aggressively go after President-elect Obama over the next four years. Rush Limbaugh demonstrated his commitment to this crusade today on his radio show by blaming Democrats — especially Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) — for starting the current economic crisis.

Here’s how Limbaugh’s conspiracy theory goes: Schumer caused on run on IndyMac bank in California this summer, in order to create a feeling of financial panic amongst the public. Democrats then capitalized on this panic with electoral wins in the White House and Congress. The purpose of gaining this power, according to Limbaugh, was to nationalize U.S. industries:

LIMBAUGH: Who’s benefiting? Aside from the people being bailed out. The Democrat party and Barack Obama are benefiting.

They got elected, they increased their numbers in the House, they increased their numbers in the Senate, they got the White House now, and they’ve got a crisis that people think can only be fixed with the all-mighty and powerful government interceding to save this or to save that, when in fact, the government is going to nationalize the automobile industry. It’s going to nationalize some banks. It’s going to nationalize the mortgage industry, and may end up nationalizing the automobile industry.

Listen here:

Tom
12-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Well, John it has a lot of merit.

The dems are like pigs in crap these days....they LOVE this crisis and they are thriving off of it.

I think Rush is dead on. Dems NEVER give a crap about people, only re-election and power. This is what dems are. This is what dems do.
Orchestrating a massive crisis to benefit themselves is 100% believable.
Reid, Pelosi, Frank, Upchuck Schummer, Dodd........no one believes these thieves actually care about anyone but themselves, do they?????

prospector
12-23-2008, 08:59 AM

The dems are like pigs in crap these days....they LOVE this crisis and they are thriving off of it.

I think Rush is dead on. Dems NEVER give a crap about people, only re-election and power. This is what dems are. This is what dems do.
Orchestrating a massive crisis to benefit themselves is 100% believable.
Reid, Pelosi, Frank, Upchuck Schummer, Dodd........no one believes these thieves actually care about anyone but themselves, do they?????

ditto what he said

boxcar
12-23-2008, 10:06 AM
There's no faster way to see political agendas come to fruition than to manufacture crises -- and a lot of them. This political strategy not only stifles prolonged debates, but serves to keep the masses confused and off balance and consequently makes the public easier to manipulate due to this rapid succession of events.

Boxcar

JustRalph
12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
you must take into account that Rush often will come up with a hypothesis just to lead to something else........sometimes through humor and other times to drive discussion of various topics........... I don't listen to him much anymore.... but he will sometimes plant a seed to later reveal another point............sometimes a much deeper and much more germane point............. to what he perceives to be a coming event. Then he gets a whole new line of discussion out of the lead up or the prediction of an event............ it is what makes him different than many in his business.

It is also the reason why you can't just listen every now and then and understand the show.......... nor can you listen once or twice a year and think you understand what the appeal is........this is where many commentators and pundits have gone wrong when it comes to understanding his appeal.

The Judge
12-23-2008, 10:16 AM
have got a point. (See Weapons of Mass Destruction = War In Iraq and The Patriot Act). Somebody tell the Democrats they WON so they can stop the crisis now!

boxcar
12-23-2008, 10:33 AM
have got a point. (See Weapons of Mass Destruction = War In Iraq and The Patriot Act). Somebody tell the Democrats they WON so they can stop the crisis now!

Yeah...PLEASE...err...RUSH to tell those Dimwits, so that can get all my stolen liberties back due that pernicious Patriot Act :rolleyes: -- which, by the way, The Obamanation said he ain't gonna bother to fix in the foreseeable futrue. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. And if you think the war and the Act are crises, stick around because you're gonna be in for a very rude awakening.

highnote
12-23-2008, 11:33 AM

I think you give them much more credit than they deserve. If they're so smart, why didn't they just get Gore elected 8 years ago?

But if the Dems are capable of a giant conspiracy, then 9/11 must have been a liberal conspiracy, too, to start a war that would cause the price of oil to go through the roof so that big oil companies could make record profits and also send the economy into recession so that the financial system would collapse to the point big businesses would need bailed out so that the wealthy could all steal the money and line their own pockets.

I've got some startling news for you all, but don't tell anyone... you know that new Keanu Reeves movie. It's a true story. Our government is really trying to prepare us for what is really going to happen. Beings from outer space will attack the Earth. Prepare.

Oh and by the way, stop betting on horse races. They're all fixed. The jockeys and trainers get together before every race and decide the winner. Not just once in awhile, but every single race. And they're all liberals, too! And they send a percentage of their winnings to the Obama people. :D

And that Kennedy assassination... that was just a ploy to get Obama elected, too. These Dems think long term.

Just kidding guys. I got too much sleep last night.

Happy Holidays!

Tom
12-23-2008, 11:44 AM
John I am 100% certain that there is far more integrity in racing than in Washington. :rolleyes:

Both parties have zero clue what it means to be an American citizen.
I still say Rush is right on - this was planned, and it doesn't take a genius to fail, that is why our government is so damn good at it.

highnote
12-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I still say Rush is right on - this was planned, and it doesn't take a genius to fail, that is why our government is so damn good at it.

So then was every recession and every depression planned just to get the other party into office?

So if there were no conspiracies the world would enjoy constant growth without any hiccups?

More likely it was lax regulation of the financial system that caused the financial crisis.

boxcar
12-23-2008, 12:31 PM
So then was every recession and every depression planned just to get the other party into office?

So if there were no conspiracies the world would enjoy constant growth without any hiccups?

More likely it was lax regulation of the financial system that caused the financial crisis.

More likely it was OVER regulation! When will people learn that government isn't this omnipotent fixer of everything?

Boxcar

highnote
12-23-2008, 12:56 PM
More likely it was OVER regulation! When will people learn that government isn't this omnipotent fixer of everything?

Boxcar

You're right. Should have let the banks, AIG, investment houses and auto companies go bust.

Quit auditing hedge funds and let anyone with any amount of capital invest in them. Legalize drugs and prostitution. Disband government altogether. If a road needs built, let the people who want it built build it themselves. Let the free market have free reign.

If we didn't have to pay taxes for regulators and other government programs think how rich we'd all be. No more government waste.

If you're going to deregulate, may as well go all the way.

boxcar
12-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Only for those who are prone to toss the baby with the dirty water...and for ignoring the Constitution.

Boxcar

jballscalls
12-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I listened to Rush on the drive from Portland to Seattle today for about an hour, finally did have to pull over to the rest stop to puke though. Can't wait to get my Sirius reinstalled after xmas.

dav4463
12-23-2008, 05:15 PM
RUSH IS RIGHT.

jballscalls
12-23-2008, 05:33 PM
RUSH IS RIGHT.

If you mean his end of the political spectrum, yes he's right.

highnote
12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Here's a conspiracy for you. The bailout was really just a way to funnel back to the wealthy people who lost money in the Madoff scandal. That's why there is so much secrecy about where the bailout money is going.

jonnielu
12-23-2008, 07:31 PM
You're right. Should have let the banks, AIG, investment houses and auto companies go bust.

Quit auditing hedge funds and let anyone with any amount of capital invest in them. Legalize drugs and prostitution. Disband government altogether. If a road needs built, let the people who want it built build it themselves. Let the free market have free reign.

If we didn't have to pay taxes for regulators and other government programs think how rich we'd all be. No more government waste.

Well, now you are starting to come up with some ideas.

jdl

Tom
12-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Without the risk of failure, there is no need for responsibility.
Look at the UAW.......the dirty little bastard that heads it up should be deported for his reaction to the Bush bailout - place it all on the worker...what a total moron - it is on the taxpayers, to bail out that bunch of greedy anti-american dipsticks who milked the cow dry and now want us to save their worthless hides. Let the damn industry go under just to put that bunch in thier place.

wonatthewire1
12-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Here's a conspiracy for you. The bailout was really just a way to funnel back to the wealthy people who lost money in the Madoff scandal. That's why there is so much secrecy about where the bailout money is going.

Better one would be that all the Madoff money went to banks in Switzerland or Luxembourg, then the "investors" would be able to get some huge tax writeoffs and get the money out of the country as the US of A prints more money and it becomes devalued...

Hey, he's out on $10 million in bail, maybe I'll see him on the corner of 57th and Lex picking up the DRF

highnote
12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey, he's out on $10 million in bail, maybe I'll see him on the corner of 57th and Lex picking up the DRF

He's out on 10 million bail that was paid for by his ill gotten gains. Is this a great country or what?

The investors who paid income tax on their gains should be able to get big refunds because they paid taxes on gains that didn't really exist.

jballscalls
12-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Without the risk of failure, there is no need for responsibility.
Look at the UAW.......the dirty little bastard that heads it up should be deported for his reaction to the Bush bailout - place it all on the worker...what a total moron - it is on the taxpayers, to bail out that bunch of greedy anti-american dipsticks who milked the cow dry and now want us to save their worthless hides. Let the damn industry go under just to put that bunch in thier place.

couldnt agree more, they ran a failing business they should go out of business. And when they do, somebody will come along and figure out a way to make cars at a reasonable cost to the company and sell them and god forbid turn a profit.

Tom
12-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Auto companies without UAW anchors have done just that.
The Big Three are failing because they didn't have the guts to stand up to the ridiculous excessive greed of the unions.

GM has 96,000 workers(?) and pays a million. Dams lot of union arses sitting around collecting for doing nothing. Now you and I can pay for them. Nice.