PDA

View Full Version : Dear Friends of PaceAdvantage.com:

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Man, I find it incredibly odd how some will jump all over a PAID ADVERTISER because they feel high crimes against humanity have been committed, but these same folks see no problem with Thoro-Graph getting free advertising in another thread for their "free Holiday giveaway"...

In fact, you have to REGISTER to get this "free giveaway" info from TG. Not so free after all (and after moderating this board for NINE+ years, I KNOW how much you guys LOVE to just GIVE AWAY your personal information for free stuff....how many old threads can I dig up where loads of people were jumping up and down in disbelief and anger because they had to register to read DRF articles for free?)

But I'm happy PaceAdvantage.com has been able to provide Thoro-Graph with some help (no matter how small) during this Holiday Season. Thoro-Graph has advertised with me in the past, and I enjoy helping out past advertisers, although they could have easily come to me and said "Hey Mike, we'd like to put up some free cards on your website with a link back to Thoro-Graph...would that be cool with you?"

I would have replied "Why yes, that would be cool with me...bring 'em on!"

In closing, to those who jumped on and pounded one of my newest advertisers into the ground for no good reason (and felt the need to CONTINUE doing so for over SEVEN PAGES), I say to you with as much sarcasm as humanly possible:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

sally
12-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Pace,

I sincerely believe it has a lot to do with the economic downturn... everybody's tense...

I've noticed it everywhere lately....:(

Frontenac
12-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I always try to support your advertisers on here, and have purchased from them in the past. I do find it hard to reach for my wallet to pay a guy who can't spell "paid" correctly though. IMO, this just doesn't show any level of professionalism.

Mineshaft
12-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Hooves,

No doubt you posted the Pick 4's on your website but i dont go to your site. if you posted them on your site then theres no reason why you cant post them on this site. All im saying is if you post winners at this site you will get more business. Nobody is going to signup if they dont know what you are about. When you go buy a new car you take it for a test drive dont you? Same goes with picks.

Pace Cap'n
12-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Looks like you're about to find out who your "friends" are.

Floyd
12-22-2008, 08:03 PM
So you (finally) closed that thread and opened this one so the pile on could continue?
Was that your intent? Because I'm pretty sure that will be the result.

Mineshaft
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Now were talking horse racing!!!!!!!!

WinterTriangle
12-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Pace,

I sincerely believe it has a lot to do with the economic downturn... everybody's tense...

Not everybody. Test of real character, how do people act when the chips are down, when times are tough? Tells everything.

I didn't get to speak in the other thread before it got locked. I'm a fledgling handicapper, a nobody, but as someone said in that thread, if you have to use other's picks, then.......so, I don't.

I do look at them. and most of the time, when I'm NOT wagering. Why? Because I like to figure out why somebody picked the horse they did, and esp. if the horse wins and it wasn't an obvious chalky sort. To me, that's how you learn.

As for forums, in topic specific forums like this one, I look for people who truly love the game. To that end, anyone who does is going to be be welcoming, and helpful, to new people, because they want their sport to gain more popularity. At least, I would think so.

A couple people here, Juan Epstein and Cmoore have actually *helped* me a few times when I had a question about how to handicap something, whether it be a muddy track, or an overseas race.

Free picks are *everywhere*. Good people are not. :)

Merry Christmas, indeed.:)

Mineshaft
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Couldnt agree anymore triangle. I love to see other peoples picks just to see what they are picking. Why are they picking that horse and why i would never have that horse? I know im always learning and am looking to learn new things all the time.

whobet
12-22-2008, 10:01 PM
PAID ADVERTISER

I don't think anybody jumped on a paid advertiser,

they just jumped on somebody not following the PACE ADVANTAGE ediquite,
that's all,

I think you over react.

DeanT
12-22-2008, 10:18 PM
The Day at the Track dude got shelled for no reason way back when. That one was odd.

andicap
12-23-2008, 06:32 AM
PA,

To quote a famous saying about Phillies fans -- there are people on here who would boo Santa Claus.
There are negative people who just like to cause trouble or beat down anything. They are miserable people living miserable lives and we should just ignore them.

Tom
12-23-2008, 07:43 AM
If we were at the track, a lot of the people who post here would be reason enough to change tables. Too bad some people are so shallow and incomplete as people that they need to use a pick on a horse race to somehow justify their existence. I always get a chuckle out of the chest pounding some people need to display here when they pick a horse or they sense a red board. Virtually Hercules knocking down pillars! :D

But, tracks do not offer IGGY buttons and PA does. So a Happy New Year is indeed a possibility. :rolleyes:

Chris Longshot
12-23-2008, 07:54 AM
happy holidays everyone and a happy and healthy new year.

GaryG
12-23-2008, 09:01 AM
PA,

To quote a famous saying about Phillies fans -- there are people on here who would boo Santa Claus.
There are negative people who just like to cause trouble or beat down anything. They are miserable people living miserable lives and we should just ignore them.There seem to be more lately, so I don't visit the board as often as I used to. Think I will just stick to the contests. Hey Andy, hope all is going well in green green Devonshire.

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2008, 03:28 PM
PAID ADVERTISER

I don't think anybody jumped on a paid advertiser,

they just jumped on somebody not following the PACE ADVANTAGE ediquite,
that's all,Once again, you're wrong.